User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Has anyone considered the possibility that once John's health improves his priorities in life may change...Being told you have cancer is a big wake up call and he may decide that the time he spends with his family or boat are more important to him than FM and that it's time to retire...
We'll kill him.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Has anyone considered the possibility that once John's health improves his priorities in life may change...Being told you have cancer is a big wake up call and he may decide that the time he spends with his family or boat are more important to him than FM and that it's time to retire...

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-22-2013, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'll be really disappointed, but yeah, John needs to do what he thinks is best. Although Mick Fleetwood isn't an easy man to say no to.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I've thought about this at length since I heard he was diagnosed with cancer. If that's his decision, how could any of us not support it? He's been in the band 45 years... if he wants to quit, he certainly has paid his dues.

However, it just seems playing is in his blood. And with Christine's recent announcement that she wants to return to the band in a full time capacity, I can't see John wanting to turn that down. It seems to me like his nature would like the full circle of at least doing 1 more album/tour with Christine onboard.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
I guess Christine's presence had an effect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
She got her Mum's healing touch!
+10 to both of these posts.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think that John would want to play even more. Especially with Christine expressing interest to rejoin the band. Like, one more go-around, yeah?

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 11-23-2013, 04:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

I remember at the end of The Dance interview, when they are discussing whether they will tour, its John who is the most definite about it - "I've got my bags packed". I love that moment. I'm hoping he still has the same feeling, I'm sure he has
Old 11-23-2013, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
I remember at the end of The Dance interview, when they are discussing whether they will tour, its John who is the most definite about it - "I've got my bags packed". I love that moment. I'm hoping he still has the same feeling, I'm sure he has
I think for better or worse, he doesn't think that touring with FM is tantamount to leaving his family. They are his family, as annoying a reality as that may be.

I think one thing Christine may have found is, the idea of leaving FM to make up for the time that they caused you to neglect your blood relatives (clearly she wished she had spent more time with her dad in the end) doesn't really turn out the way you'd imagined.

She is very close to John Perfect and he sounds like her best friend really. He knows all of her stories and secrets. But I don't think being away from FM to make up for lost time with him really felt as gratifying as it probably sounded in 1997. And she has nieces and nephews, but she didn't watch them grow up. She watched Amy and Lucy grow up.

I know Lindsey begrudgingly said that he'd gone through more with FM than with anyone except his own family. Then he had to correct himself and say that he'd actually experienced more with them than his own family. That wasn't anything he said out of love. It was more hard truth and I think the reality is as long as he's not having to be cooped up in a studio with Stevie and Lindsey, when it comes to being on stage, he might feel just at home there than in Hawaii with his legal relatives.

Michele
Old 11-26-2013, 12:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Upon further reflection...

Maybe the cancer will be a big wake up call and he may decide that he's done dealing with the Stevie and Lindsey drama and will form a new blues band with Mick, Christine, and Rick Vito. They'll make a new album of originals and will constantly sell-out on the theater and festival circuit.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-26-2013, 01:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I've thought about this at length since I heard he was diagnosed with cancer. If that's his decision, how could any of us not support it? He's been in the band 45 years... if he wants to quit, he certainly has paid his dues.
How right you are.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Upon further reflection...

Maybe the cancer will be a big wake up call and he may decide that he's done dealing with the Stevie and Lindsey drama and will form a new blues band with Mick, Christine, and Rick Vito. They'll make a new album of originals and will constantly sell-out on the theater and festival circuit.
First I think we should wish John HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Second that's a great idea John, Mick, Christine & Rick in a blues band...When it comes to the blues Rick is a much blues man than Lindsey...Sorry but I prefer the Rick & Billy FM over the artsy LB FM and how about the slide that Rick played on Bob Seger's "Like A Rock"...

I don't think they will ever fully retire so this could be a little side project "The Fleetwood Mac Blues Band" they could play a little club for a week and put out a DVD like Jeff Beck did with "Live At Ronnie Scotts"
and check out Jeff's Bassist because Tal is great...

Or they could just bring Rick in now and put Stevie in her "Tusk hair" and you could have this...

I would love to hear John & Mick do some old school blues...
Old 09-11-2016, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://taddlr.com/celebrity/john-mcvie/

This website is rather off-track. Apparently John lives in London, has never smoked and has no tattoos. Doh.

Anyway, it has a lovely picture of John with (I assume) Molly. Awww