User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-16-2016, 01:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Why so much Stevie hating?

Sup Ledgies?

Why all the hating on Miss Stephanie Lynn Nicks?

Stevie has been the most prolific band member in recent years. Lindsey comes a close second as his last album is now 5 years old, but he has been working on Fleetwood Mac songs for a new album for 4 years now. The only work Stevie Nicks has done towards a new band album is her late 2012 contributions to Extended Play, if they count.

Now Stevie and The Pretenders are embarking on a neat little 3 month US tour, undoubtedly cut short to make sure she is fresh and free for Fleetwood Mac's next outing in 2017. I'll be there! Booked my holiday today!

Now Christine has hinted that she would personally be willing to release the new Fleetwood Mac album sans (without) Stevie Nicks contributions.

Perhaps Lindsey is the only one holding out for Stevie, given Mick's similar views to Christine that have been publicly expressed?

John McVie has always appeared ambivalent about which writers contribute, that said he was happy Christine did not contribute to SYW album because he thought she would have been miserable in studio if she did.

So what's wrong with Stevie touring behind what in my opinion is her best album since The Other Side of the Mirror? In Your Dreams is great but it's easy listening, it was not one for us diehards only.

It is NOT Stevie's fault that there is no new album from Fleetwood Mac. It is time that some Ledgies and other angry fans accept this cold hard fact:

The only reason we do not have a new Fleetwood Mac studio album boils down to the unwillingness of four members to release their work without the involvement of the fifth member, Stevie Nicks.

There is absolutely nothing except pride or unwarranted respect or affection towards Stevie stopping a Buck/McVie duet album from coming out.

Last edited by secret love; 10-16-2016 at 01:10 AM..
Old 10-16-2016, 01:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm glad you explained the meaning of 'sans'.
Old 10-16-2016, 06:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I'm glad you explained the meaning of 'sans'.
Jesus H Christ. I already worried about putting the meaning of 'sans' next to it. Now multiple Ledgies feel the need to berate me for it and my views on Stevie situation. Typical. Totally predictable, guys!
Old 10-16-2016, 07:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Jesus H Christ. I already worried about putting the meaning of 'sans' next to it. Now multiple Ledgies feel the need to berate me for it and my views on Stevie situation. Typical. Totally predictable, guys!
Sorry, I seem to have woken up grumpy this morning.
However, there are so many threads in which this topic is discussed at great length- I don't get the need for yet another thread in which everyone goes round and round over the same arguments yet again.
...but yes, pointing out the meaning of a term does come across as a bit daft. You might as well have written 'without' in the first place if you feel the need to explain to people what sans means- it would have saved you time. Sorry to be nit-picky.

Last edited by FuzzyPlum; 10-16-2016 at 08:44 AM..
Old 10-16-2016, 08:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Basically, if you are in a band, you do what the majority rules. Stevie is doing her own thing. She appears to only want to tour with the Mac. We've seen them on a million tours. If there is a chance for new music, that is very exciting. I think if all you want to do is tour, then you are just an oldies act.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 10-16-2016, 08:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Because she isn't that great!
Old 10-16-2016, 02:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

The only reason we do not have a new Fleetwood Mac studio album boils down to the unwillingness of four members to release their work without the involvement of the fifth member, Stevie Nicks.

How about....because they would LIKE to honor the legacy of the FIVE FIREFLIES, and release something put forth by all of them, BUT, one person has been UNWILLING to participate.

Old goat breath just doesn't wanna join in.

If that doesn't explain the rather obvious to you, well, I don't know what to tell you.

But I do wish, very much so, that they'd release what they've recorded, sans(that means WITHOUT) the goaty one.
Old 10-16-2016, 02:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

1. Why all the hating on Miss Stephanie Lynn Nicks?

2. Stevie has been the most prolific band member in recent years...

3. Now Stevie's little 3 month US tour, undoubtedly cut short to make sure she is fresh and free...

4. Now Christine has hinted that she would personally be willing to release the new Fleetwood Mac album sans (without) Stevie Nicks contributions.

5. Perhaps Lindsey is the only one holding out for Stevie, given Mick's similar views to Christine that have been publicly expressed?

6. So what's wrong with Stevie touring behind what in my opinion is her best album since The Other Side of the Mirror?

7. It is NOT Stevie's fault that there is no new album from Fleetwood Mac.

8. The only reason we do not have a new Fleetwood Mac studio album boils down to the unwillingness of four members to release their work without the involvement of the fifth member, Stevie Nicks.

9. There is absolutely nothing except pride or unwarranted respect or affection towards Stevie stopping a Buck/McVie duet album from coming out.

1. No new Fleetwood Mac album.

2. Prolific isn't a word I'd associate with any of them.

3. Stevie Fresh and Free. Too easy...

4. Christine can say things that Lindsey can't get away with.

5. Lindsey's not a whore like Mick. He cares more about the legacy.

6. That's not saying much.

7. Yes it is.

8. Reason is knowing there'll be less money without her.

9. Stevie's pride would be hurt if they released such an album.

I believe most fans wouldn't care about Stevie's little games if
the band wasn't running out of time. And even taking time off
for her own short tour wouldn't be a bad thing if she'd publicly
commit to a definite time frame.

Time is also running out for people to care about such
nonsense.
Old 10-16-2016, 03:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
1. No new Fleetwood Mac album.

2. Prolific isn't a word I'd associate with any of them.

3. Stevie Fresh and Free. Too easy...

4. Christine can say things that Lindsey can't get away with.

5. Lindsey's not a whore like Mick. He cares more about the legacy.

6. That's not saying much.

7. Yes it is.

8. Reason is knowing there'll be less money without her.

9. Stevie's pride would be hurt if they released such an album.

I believe most fans wouldn't care about Stevie's little games if
the band wasn't running out of time. And even taking time off
for her own short tour wouldn't be a bad thing if she'd publicly
commit to a definite time frame.

Time is also running out for people to care about such
nonsense.
5. Lindsey cares so much about the band's legacy, he bailed on an already-booked tour to promote what was essentially his solo album.
Old 10-16-2016, 06:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

They are upset at her because shes does not want to record that new album.Or she's delaying it.Also add they are still jealous that she's has a more successful solo career then the other Mac members.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-16-2016, 06:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystorms View Post
5. Lindsey cares so much about the band's legacy, he bailed on an already-booked tour to promote what was essentially his solo album.
Which already booked solo Lindsey tour are you referring to? Is this 2003 or 2013 or an altogether different year that he did this?
Old 10-16-2016, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Which already booked solo Lindsey tour are you referring to? Is this 2003 or 2013 or an altogether different year that he did this?
1987. At least Lindsey left them with an album to tour with. And he didn't leave to promote his solo album, which didn't even come out until 1992, five years after he bailed.

Michele
Old 10-17-2016, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
1987. At least Lindsey left them with an album to tour with. And he didn't leave to promote his solo album, which didn't even come out until 1992, five years after he bailed.

Michele
He left because of Stevie and somewhat Mick's drug use. He couldn't take the drug behavior from her. She was an absolute mess.
Old 10-16-2016, 09:17 AM

Default 'Cause...

Old 10-17-2016, 01:35 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Sup Ledgies?

Why all the hating on Miss Stephanie Lynn Nicks?

Stevie has been the most prolific band member in recent years. Lindsey comes a close second as his last album is now 5 years old, but he has been working on Fleetwood Mac songs for a new album for 4 years now. The only work Stevie Nicks has done towards a new band album is her late 2012 contributions to Extended Play, if they count.
With this band I count "recent" as the last ten years, or whatever has gone on since Say You Will. Lindsey has been undoubtedly more prolific than Stevie in that time.

Anyway... I for one am not hating on Stevie. I'm disappointed that all the focus is now no longer on Christine's return and getting back in the studio as a 5-piece. The return of Christine should've been built up (and this is where the band always falters on stuff like this) more like the event that it was. A small portion of hell froze over when Christine came back. I would've done a live show again ala The Dance, or maybe even a Fleetwood Mac Unplugged special. Something that showcased a few new tunes even... stories between songs where Chris says how much she missed her friends. Show the band members interacting and build that pre-excitement for a new album. The band has let all that wane. It's almost, and I may be wrong here, it's almost as if the drama now takes precedence over the music, and I'm kinda sorta... well... sick of that. The band is, frankly, far too old to be playing about with Rumours-esque behaviour. Not that there's really a genuine comparison between then and now, and I know there's always been a bit of drama with this band... but at this point in time I'm just saying be a band. Bands tour. Bands make music together. Get on with it!

Last edited by mylittledemon; 10-17-2016 at 01:39 PM..