User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-30-2017, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketMan View Post
A great show marred by a couple of embarrassing foul-ups. The started Dreams when You Make Loving Fun was scheduled; had to stop and restart. Something was up with Christine's keyboard for the Don't Stop encore and they again had to start over. And it looked like LB had an issue with his guitar on Go Your Own Way that had him upset.
Man, he was really pissed! He kept shouting at someone from backstage. He was so angry he didn't looked at Stevie not even once during the "packing up shacking up" part. She kept trying but with no luck.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-30-2017, 11:23 PM
Ledgie

The awkwardness in the entire stadium during the two mess ups were quite embarrassing! I definitley sensed a lack of uniformity that perhaps more rehearsal could have fixed. Think About Me didn't have the punch that I thought it would; nothing like the album version.

Lindsey's little "we're a dysfunctional family that hates but still loves each other" speech I thought sounded very strategically worded. I wonder if it had anything to do with Stevie not wanting to participate in the recording that became Buckingham McVie. Or that maybe they really weren't that interested in doing these two shows?

However, despite that, I think they sounded great and Stevie sounds better everytime I see her. Sara was absolutley beautiful. And I'm a huge sucker for Gold Dust Woman.

Little Lies and Everywhere are so much fun live. I think Christine really enjoys playing and singing them.

All in all, I absolutley adore this band and always will. They make mistakes just like the rest of us humans. Even though they are in show business, they still have the right to do whatever the hell they want and not care what anyone thinks about it just like the rest of us as well.

I will see how my recordings turned out tomorrow when I'm back home in PA and have access to my laptop.

Sweet dreams!
Old 07-31-2017, 12:11 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
Here are some pictures, videos, and tweets from the show. Of course, Harry Styles and his fashion encourage were there.

I loved the f*ck ups. That's live music for you.
My teen daughter, who attended the show with us, was heartbroken to hear Harry was there and we didn't see him! The only celebrity encounter I had was when I ran into SNL's Kyle Mooney three times strolling through our section. He's no Harry Styles!

The screw ups were tough to witness, especially when the five other acts this weekend had no such gaffes that I can recall. Still had a ball. The Eagles were amazing!
Old 07-31-2017, 12:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ami0425 View Post
The awkwardness in the entire stadium during the two mess ups were quite embarrassing! I definitley sensed a lack of uniformity that perhaps more rehearsal could have fixed. Think About Me didn't have the punch that I thought it would; nothing like the album version.

Lindsey's little "we're a dysfunctional family that hates but still loves each other" speech I thought sounded very strategically worded. I wonder if it had anything to do with Stevie not wanting to participate in the recording that became Buckingham McVie. Or that maybe they really weren't that interested in doing these two shows?
I also sensed a lack of rehearsal. I don't know, there was a weird vibe. Lindsey wasn't the usual happy man we have been seeing in the BuckVie concerts. There was a sweet moment in Landslide but that was probably the whole interaction he had with Stevie. They kept talking, probably about the Glenn Frey dedication, and she said: "we have to talk sometimes" :P

With Christine the story was totally different. Lindsey was all smiles, trying to harmonize and play with her the whole time.

And the bows were with the same line up of the Classic West: John-Christine-Stevie-Mick-Lindsey.

I caught the moment before the bow: Stevie was avoided going to Lindsey's side. She was backtracking, waiting for Mick to hold her.

When they were entering the stage, Christine, Mick and John had to wait for Lindsey and Stevie. At one point, Christine raised her hands to Mick, like: "where are these two?" Of course we all kept wondering what had happened backstage.

Quote:
The screw ups were tough to witness, especially when the five other acts this weekend had no such gaffes that I can recall. Still had a ball. The Eagles were amazing!
Everybody around me who wasn't a FM fan, was saying that The Eagles was much better. Maybe they rehearsed more.

All in all, it was an amazing concert. I enjoyed it very much, although nothing will top BuckVie in Phoenix
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."

Last edited by button-lip; 07-31-2017 at 01:52 AM..
Old 07-31-2017, 01:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Bleed to Love her

Gold Dust Woman

I'm so Afraid (Part 1). Sorry for the bad quality!

I'm so Afraid (Part 2). Better quality!

The mishap in Don't Stop:

Last edited by button-lip; 07-31-2017 at 02:47 AM..
Old 07-31-2017, 08:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^^ That guy saying "You can do it!" in the Don't Stop video.

Seems like mixed reviews for FM on social media, but pretty much everyone is talking about how awful/off Journey was.
Old 07-31-2017, 09:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
^^^^ That guy saying "You can do it!" in the Don't Stop video.

Seems like mixed reviews for FM on social media, but pretty much everyone is talking about how awful/off Journey was.
Awful? I think they had to add an unscheduled song (I'm not sure because I don't have the setlist) because of the people's response.

AND they interacted with the audience A LOT. Same with EWAF. FM not so much. Not even Stevie.
Old 07-31-2017, 09:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Awful? I think they had to add an unscheduled song (I'm not sure because I don't have the setlist) because of the people's response.

AND they interacted with the audience A LOT. Same with EWAF. FM not so much. Not even Stevie.
Lots of people talking about sound problems for Journey.
Old 07-31-2017, 09:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default a review

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...festival-recap
Old 07-31-2017, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi all. Haven't posted here in ages but went to this, so thought I'd chime in!

We only went to last night's show, not Saturday. I was able to nab a single day ticket about two weeks ago on Ticketmaster, in the Field Level seats around first base for a pretty reasonable price (lower than the upper deck tickets were on StubHub!) and I was so happy with them. The incline in those seats gave us a great scope of the stage and the crowd below without feeling super distanced from the action. The only thing is that they were in the sun pretty much until the sun fully set so we ended up getting food/drinks and just listening to Earth, Wind and Fire instead of watching. People were really into it though, and they sounded fun!

I thought Journey was a lot of fun. Loved their set, was really impressed with the vocals and though there was some long moments of showing off on drums and guitar (which is fine! I just saw Queen on Friday and they did as well, and they should too!), I thought the set had a good pace and the songs went over well. It's fun hearing big songs like that in a ballpark! Though as a Giants fan, it was weird to sing along to "Lights" in a ballpark that wasn't AT&T Park.

I really enjoy Fleetwood Mac's set. As someone who became a fan via The Dance in 1997 when I was in high school (thanks MTV!), it was really, really amazing to finally hear "Bleed To Love Her" live. I felt like I was floating. Other favorites of the set were "Second Hand News," "Sara," "Gold Dust Woman" and "Say You Love Me." It was a fun show and I liked that they threw "Think About Me" in there too. It was obviously a Greatest Hits set, and likely shorter than their regular show would be (maybe? at least a little?) but I thought they did a good mix and featured all three songwriters well. A LOT of people went to pee during "I'm So Afraid" though, heh.

I'm ultimately really glad I ended up going to this! Unfortunately I'm going to be out of town for the Christine/Lindsey show at the Beacon so at least I got to see everyone and doing so at an outdoor concert full of people who all seemed to be really enjoying themselves was a lot of fun.
Old 07-31-2017, 09:55 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post

She briefly smiled and looked at the crowd during GYOW. She walked to either side of the stage. But other than that, not much. I would imagine it would be difficult to in a stadium since there's so many more people. How far away was the front row of the stage? I saw someone threw a bouqet of dlowers up to her.

Her bit at the end of how she will "never forget" last night I thought was cute.
Old 07-31-2017, 10:03 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post

"But man, Stevie Nicks... she changes the temperature of the room whenver she's on, even in an open-air stadium like Citi Field. Her voice, sharp and enigmatic as ever, is a national treasure, her stage presence hasn't become one iota less captivating in over 40 years of iconicity, and her songs are just the best songs. Your heart and tear ducts fill instinctively upon hearing them, before your head can even identify the particular tune."

I loved that part of the review.
Old 07-31-2017, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Makes me wonder if she has new keyboards(not the organ) and doesn't KNOW how to change the sounds?

I know that sounds ridiculous, but is it possible?

At Nashville, they started Game of Pretend, and had to stop it, then restart it...and all the really changed was that the keyboard tech came out and(apparently) pushed a button on her keyboard, then they restarted the song.

Is that a possibility, that she doesn't even know how to change sounds?

I could see that being an issue for Stevie, but not Wonder Woman!
Old 07-31-2017, 11:20 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ami0425 View Post
"But man, Stevie Nicks... she changes the temperature of the room whenver she's on, even in an open-air stadium like Citi Field. Her voice, sharp and enigmatic as ever, is a national treasure, her stage presence hasn't become one iota less captivating in over 40 years of iconicity, and her songs are just the best songs. Your heart and tear ducts fill instinctively upon hearing them, before your head can even identify the particular tune."

I loved that part of the review.
Heh, as a proud member of Team Lindsey since the 70s, I winced a little at the author's obvious Stevie Bias! I couldn't actually refute anything that he wrote... but still! I even saw a number of "Stevie Nicks for President" shirts being worn by fans, but no LB for Prez versions!

Stevie may have Lindsey beat in the Q-rating department, but how many times has Bill Hader parodied her on SNL?!?

Seriously, though, it's still great seeing the two of them on stage together. The crowd still goes nuts anytime they exhibit any fondness toward each other. It's a unique dynamic in pop/rock music.
Old 07-31-2017, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Heh, as a proud member of Team Lindsey since the 70s, I winced a little at the author's obvious Stevie Bias!
i know i had to laugh how ridicolous that write up was.

one can easily recognize any FM-related article containing some obviousle SN bias by one of her wildheart#xxxxx fans on TL always posting it as a separate thread in both FM and SN forums.

you know i recently caught at one of the tv music channels the very end of one of Stevies heyday solo shows - and she actually WAS impressive! so i can now understand what people used to see in her and are probably wishing she still has. i was always just going from articles like this one where writters claim that she's just as good now as in her heyday, and i've seen her plenty on FM tours 2013, 2014 and 2015 that i had to wonder about what these people are talking about. but seeing that old heyday ending of her solo show, i can understand what was so attractive about her - and nowadays she seems extremely skillful in selling her legend.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"