Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
After much thought and consideration:

Kate Bush
You have already said that Kate should retire...so which is it

Old 03-25-2019, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Who would you have wanted to replace Stevie..?
A pre-1985 hologram version of Stevie.
One that could be controlled from Lindsey's
pedalboard. He's controls her. And there
are no speeches.

If she has to be replaced by a person.
How about Samantha Fish? FM could
return to it's roots.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Without Lindsey around to complain, I wouldn't be surprised if this band set up a Vegas residence and actually started using holograms and old video footage interspersed in with live performances, while Stevie was backstage changing costumes and sipping green tea.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Without Lindsey around to complain, I wouldn't be surprised if this band set up a Vegas residence and actually started using holograms and old video footage interspersed in with live performances, while Stevie was backstage changing costumes and sipping green tea.
I can’t see Neil or Mike going along with that.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-25-2019, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
You have already said that Kate should retire...so which is it
Exactly! She needs them as much as they need her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I don't know enough about them to know why they wouldn't. Seems a gig lots of people do. If I were FM, I would do it. But I like Vegas. Heck, even I would go see them when I was in Vegas because ... why not? (Though I wouldn't go to Vegas specifically to see them, the way I did BuckVie!!)

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 03-25-2019, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't know enough about them to know why they wouldn't. Seems a gig lots of people do. If I were FM, I would do it. But I like Vegas. Heck, even I would go see them when I was in Vegas because ... why not? (Though I wouldn't go to Vegas specifically to see them, the way I did BuckVie!!)
TrueFaith77, the implication was that if Lindsey hadn't been fired, then FM would never stoop to playing in Las Vegas. Not that FM is scheduled to perform long term in Vegas, nor is there anything wrong with making money. But just like Lindsey agreed to play the two big festivals last year for money, I have no doubt he would have been willing to play in Vegas for the money, too. And again, nothing wrong with that.
Old 03-25-2019, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
If they backstabbed Lindsey for money, I have no doubt they will continue making money anywhere.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-25-2019, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
TrueFaith77, the implication was that if Lindsey hadn't been fired, then FM would never stoop to playing in Las Vegas. Not that FM is scheduled to perform long term in Vegas, nor is there anything wrong with making money. But just like Lindsey agreed to play the two big festivals last year for money, I have no doubt he would have been willing to play in Vegas for the money, too. And again, nothing wrong with that.
That was not the implication. Lindsey has played Vegas many times.

However, I have no doubt Lindsey would never have agreed to do a Celine and take up residence in Vegas. Still, I said that he would complain I did not say that he would never do it, but he would put up a fight.

Spending a Saturday night playing a one-off corporate gig is an entirely separate matter.

Furthermore my point has as much to do with holograms as it did with Vegas. I do not think that Lindsey would employ holograms and old footage to pad a show and give it that loungey feel.

Last edited by michelej1; 03-25-2019 at 03:10 PM..
Old 03-25-2019, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
why not? they were pretty clear why they are doing FM covers. private jets and money.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-26-2019, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

IMO the band should not have gone on as FM without Stevie or Lindsey. No replacements after the '97 reset.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
IMO the band should not have gone on as FM without Stevie or Lindsey. No replacements after the '97 reset.
Christine was just as important as either of them(you always leave her out).
Old 03-26-2019, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
There was never a “‘97 reset.” The classic lineup got back together because their collective careers were in the crapper, and without Mo Ostin and Lenny Waronker out at Warner’s, it wasn’t clear if any of them could get signed.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-27-2019, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Harry Styles

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 03-27-2019, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Exactly! She needs them as much as they need her!

Wrong...Kate Bush doesn't need anybody.. Fakewood Mac are the ones that need to retire .

Old 03-27-2019, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Wrong...Kate Bush doesn't need anybody.. Fakewood Mac are the ones that need to retire .
Agreed. The idea that the mad visionary with the sweet, retiring disposition, Kate Bush, would have any interest in hitching her caboose to Fleetwood Mac is outrageous. She would never, never, never follow Fleetwood across the country back and forth a dozen times to perform in that blandly impersonal, please-everyone way. Even an extremely cursory listen to Before the Dawn would reveal that. That amazing album documented a precise, intricate multimedia presentation combining music, video, dance, and other arts that could only have been delivered on a very small scale—a few weeks in a single theater, where the whole environment could be controlled down to the last detail. That's where her heart and soul are, not in packing in and out of gigantic sports arenas all over the country and running down the "set" as if one were checking boxes on a spreadsheet.

However, when I was playing Lindsey's anthology a few months ago, I imagined Kate listening and kind of cocking her head amusedly at the fascinating parade of sounds: the quirky canvas of sonic novelty and the unexpected way it adds strength and scope to the emotions in the songs. She'd find at least some of his work splendid, is my guess.

moviekinks.blogspot.com