The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-21-2009, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry 2009 was ugly but it could get yuckier if we’re not careful. I’ve hereby devised scenarios to make this bright Christmas seem like the best yet!

…The only no-reunion-ever band Talking Heads reforms with David Byrne for a cover album of Sinatra cover ballads; guest hosts Regis, then does a daily drive-time show on talk radio. Finally, Byrne embarks on the Whenever-I-Call-You-Friend tour with Stevie Nicks.

http://laermer.com/2009/12/20/my-lis...ery-fine-list/
Old 12-22-2009, 07:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Monday, December 21, 2009
To the gypsy......That remains.....

Stevie Nicks is the gypsy that remains. She is 68 and is still as alluring and mystical as ever. Like so many fashion followers Miss Nicks has been a style icon for me for some time however having recently seen her up close and personal on tour my knees have become even more weaker for her.

The Fleetwood Mac concerto was an absolute blast as every song was an old favourite but despite the epic rock god guitar and drum solos Stevie certainly took the lime light. She had costume changes every few songs which kept me and every other follower more than entertained. Stevie's words and voice were incredibly charismatic but, her personal style is also so appealing. She still channels this witchy street urchin look which she has coined as her own and when the famous artful dodgeresque top hat came out I was ecstatic. She adds dangling scarfs and beads to her microphone stand, her gloves and her tambourine which gives her performance such a personalised touch.

I may explore her look personally... no Velvet corset dresses for me however. I mean mainly just personalised embellishments to dance and play around with at night. Yes that's right watch out! She also had a lot of lace as finishing touches. I love lace. I am going to raid my Nana's place. Oops that rhymed.

Okay, Stevie Nicks shopping list:

lace (pinched from 1 Grandma lane, Grandmaville)
beads (is that great bead shop still at the rocks?)
ribbon
top hat (too far?)
tambourine (definitely too far but ooh so necessary)
tumultuous and controversial love life
I also thought it was worth noting that at the end of the concert the moon exploded to a gigantic size and was the colour of Mars. Despite the intensive Red wine consumption that day i used my highly scientific and logical mind and attributed this to three possible reasons:

Mars was hurtling towards us in an unprecedented Planet turf war.
I had drank so much red wine that it had leaked into my eyes and everything was going to be a pleasant shade of rose from then on.
Stevie really was a witch and had conjured it up to close the show on a sexy, mystical note.

Yeah believe it it. Anywho I went with reason three.

http://style-centrality.blogspot.com...t-remains.html
Old 12-22-2009, 07:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

December 21, 2009
A Christmas Tale

It must be because I started housesitting last night and was completely distracted by that.

Let me begin by saying I’m staying in Christmas Village (in the Hollywood Hills)

My friend, Stevie Nicks, has left for Egypt for the Holidays and I’m the responsible friend who was left in charge.

I walk into her abode and am absolutely assaulted by a Christmas party that hasn’t ended. Beyond the tree and presents and wall and ceiling decorations, I see a catering table has been brought out for her holiday figurines and miniature village!

To my right, I see a three tiered desert platter of leftover Christmas cookies and cupcakes from a gala that ended two days ago!

I see boxes from Tiffany and Dom Perignon and big boxes of fancy purses, under her tree in disarray.

I see many Gold records on the wall and I covet them.

There are mirrors on every square inch of this house. I feel self conscious.

So, I set the alarm and head to shower, as I am exhausted.

While soaping up, I realize I didn’t bring any shampoo.

I look to the window sill to see 7 different types of desert flavored body washes greeting me. Pumpkin Pie, Frosting Delight, Sugar and Spice, Twisted Peppermint.

They literally smell like pureed Christmas. So, in the middle of dumping a candy factory on my head, I realize it’s getting hot in there!

Opening the window, I realize I’ve made a BIG mistake.

The cursed alarm goes off and it’s LOUD!!

Running out of the shower with soap in my eyes, I grab the nearest towel which is a Santa emblazoned dish towel!!

Running to the alarm box, desperately trying to remember the code, I begin pressing numbers, which are all incorrect!

After I’ve shut everything off (now, I’m subject to potential rape sans alarm system) and I’m resting comfortably, watching the history of the Secret Service on tv when there’s a knock at the door.

A large woman with pink hair, dressed in bright colors and smelling of patchouli and perhaps a day late bathing, walks in.

I recognize her as she lives in my apartment building. She’s a friend of Stevie’s who will also be house-sitting.

“Mind some company?”

One of those frustrating questions that you can rarely say “no” to.

So, for the next three hours, we watch a documentary on boot camp.

I deal with her laughing excessively at her own jokes, staring at me to ensure I do the same.

I handle her hand being placed on my leg or arm with each comment.

I endure her incense odor.

My body language says “please go home now”

But she, being psychic, does not pick up on this.

The next morning, I leave the house, not sure I set the alarm properly.

As I get to the bottom of the hill, I see an alarm company van race past me up the very same hill.

http://bryansander.com/blog/?p=1589
Old 12-22-2009, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Monday, December 21, 2009
To the gypsy......That remains.....

Stevie Nicks is the gypsy that remains. She is 68 and is still as alluring and mystical as ever. Like so many fashion followers Miss Nicks has been a style icon for me for some time however having recently seen her up close and personal on tour my knees have become even more weaker for her.

The Fleetwood Mac concerto was an absolute blast as every song was an old favourite but despite the epic rock god guitar and drum solos Stevie certainly took the lime light. She had costume changes every few songs which kept me and every other follower more than entertained. Stevie's words and voice were incredibly charismatic but, her personal style is also so appealing. She still channels this witchy street urchin look which she has coined as her own and when the famous artful dodgeresque top hat came out I was ecstatic. She adds dangling scarfs and beads to her microphone stand, her gloves and her tambourine which gives her performance such a personalised touch.

I may explore her look personally... no Velvet corset dresses for me however. I mean mainly just personalised embellishments to dance and play around with at night. Yes that's right watch out! She also had a lot of lace as finishing touches. I love lace. I am going to raid my Nana's place. Oops that rhymed.

Okay, Stevie Nicks shopping list:

lace (pinched from 1 Grandma lane, Grandmaville)
beads (is that great bead shop still at the rocks?)
ribbon
top hat (too far?)
tambourine (definitely too far but ooh so necessary)
tumultuous and controversial love life
I also thought it was worth noting that at the end of the concert the moon exploded to a gigantic size and was the colour of Mars. Despite the intensive Red wine consumption that day i used my highly scientific and logical mind and attributed this to three possible reasons:

Mars was hurtling towards us in an unprecedented Planet turf war.
I had drank so much red wine that it had leaked into my eyes and everything was going to be a pleasant shade of rose from then on.
Stevie really was a witch and had conjured it up to close the show on a sexy, mystical note.

Yeah believe it it. Anywho I went with reason three.

http://style-centrality.blogspot.com...t-remains.html
68??? Where do people get their info? Research, people, Research!!
Old 12-22-2009, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
68??? Where do people get their info? Research, people, Research!!
And if you, as a journalist, can't bother to do real research, at least hit up Wikipedia.
That would be better than bald guessing.

Michele
Old 12-22-2009, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
And if you, as a journalist, can't bother to do real research, at least hit up Wikipedia.
That would be better than bald guessing.
Maybe he meant cat years. Or mare years. Or Celtic Otherworld years . . . .

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-22-2009, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Maybe he meant cat years. Or mare years. Or Celtic Otherworld years . . . .
Well, looking at the site, I guess it's just a layman blogger writing. Not a professional reviewer. So, I suppose that makes it forgivable. Michele
Old 12-22-2009, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tuesday, December 22, 2009
The Greatest Letter to the Editor Ever Written, Part 1 (the part that's not about the letter to the editor)

I checked out the Rolling Stone Top 100 Songs of the Decade list today. Now, my Stone subscription expired some time around my 16th birthday; I've been away from the magazine and its female belly button-obsessed covers for over half my life. But I was trying to figure out how far my tastes had strayed from that of the magazine which, during my formative years, taught me so many important life lessons with its coded language and seemingly off-the-cuff asides by its subversive writers.

Read any feature article from the 1977-1983 RS era and every sordid rumor you've heard about that odd twitchy era could be found there. Stevie Nicks and her drug problems. Warren Zevon and his codependence issues with women. Steely Dan and their druggy codependence issues with each other, Lindsey Buckingham and his Stevie Nicks problem, etc. - they're all discreetly addressed, usually in an article's last few column inches.

http://blueprintblue.blogspot.com/20...r-written.html
Old 12-23-2009, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

2. Fleetwood Mac – Rumours

At a quick glance, this record looks like nothing but a collection of hits, but these are all hits for a reason, they’re really all just that damn good. This was the album that gave us all a good glimpse of what Stevie Nicks is capable of. And even Christine McVie’s tracks are good on this album.

http://whatigotsofar.wordpress.com/2...or-themselves/
Old 12-24-2009, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Best year for mystic lady rock: In a secret ceremony in a northern wood, Kate Bush and Stevie Nicks got together and let out a siren call, audible only to other mystic ladies-in-training. Not only did we have Bat for Lashes’ “Two Suns,” a lunar romance partially birthed at Joshua Tree, but Bat for Lashes bandmate Caroline Weeks came out with the gorgeously fragile “Songs for Edna.” Closer to home, Warpaint is readying their mysterious psychedelia for a debut album in 2010 from Rough Trade Records.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/musi...9-part-iv.html
Old 12-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Is Stevie Nicks Right For Attacking Britney Spears Singing Talent?

Stevie Nicks said that Britney Spears is the worst female singer ever and shes killing today’s pop music by using sex to sell records.
Stevie Nicks also said that in today’s music sex sells more than singing talent that’s why Britney Spears is killing today’s music because real true great singers like Aretha Franklin and Pink are over looked for sex appeal lip singers like Britney Spears.

3 Responses to “Is Stevie Nicks Right For Attacking Britney Spears Singing Talent?”
1.⌡Machine Head⌠ Says:
十二月 26th, 2009 at 8:07 下午
It is overwhelmingly obvious that Britney Spears’ vocals are ghosted by uncredited professional singer(s), and she’s not the only one.

2.A Kind Of Magic Says:
十二月 26th, 2009 at 11:17 下午
I think Stevie may be bitter that she is neither very vocally talented or even mildly attractive, but that’s just me.

3.Jimmy Jazz Says:
十二月 27th, 2009 at 3:19 上午
Can you provide a link to those statements? Because I can’t find anything like that. In fact, I highly doubt Stevie Nicks said any of those things. I see where she said Britney isn’t a real rock star because she didn’t pay her dues in a band. That seems like a foolish statement as I hardly think Britney Spears is considered a rock star to begin with.
Anyways, Britney Spears would not be the first person in music to go the sex sells route. And didn’t that Susan Boyle just sell a ton of records?
———–
Oh wait, I just looked at your other questions. Never mind. You’re just another internet loser.

http://80mt.net/?p=3092
Old 12-28-2009, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

YesAndy's advice and BBQ Recipies.: A Very Gothic YesAndy. So ...
By Andrew Brynildson/ YesAndy!/The Dialogue...
It just rolls off the tongue better than that over played karaoke song by the woman who thinks she sounds like Stevie Nicks. I know you know who Stevie Nicks is because she is the goddess of all the Cemetery Children of the Night. ...
YesAndy's advice and BBQ Recipies. - http://yesandy.blogspot.com/
Old 12-30-2009, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Around the time the new millennium rolled around, I discovered something that turned my love for the music of Stevie Nicks into a full-fledged obsession: I found her fan-generated web page. Not only did I learn then that there was a whole community of people who shared love for her music, I could go back and read every article ever published, every interview she ever gave. It was a treasure trove for the musically obsessed mind. It was around this time that Napster was gaining user momentum, and I was thrilled to discover I could obtain rare demos and live recordings from the cyber-community of music fans.

http://audiozealot.blogspot.com/2009...ade-in_30.html
Old 12-30-2009, 11:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

24. “Butterfly Fly Away”
I loved this little moment in Hannah Montana: The Movie. I would've loved it more if they had just let her sing "live" instead of defaulting to a recording, since that would've made the scene more alive, but this delicate song was very nice. I never noticed before how much Miley Cyrus sounds like Stevie Nicks. Maybe that’s a small part of the reason I like her so much. My dad loved Stevie Nicks, and I used to hear a lot of her when I was a little kid, particularly the Bella Donna album.

http://samuraifrog.blogspot.com/2009...s-of-2009.html
Old 12-30-2009, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

6. Gossip
”Heavy Cross”
The dance-punk iconoclasts’ Rick Rubin-produced major-label debut, Music for Men, may have been a minor letdown, but ”Heavy Cross” provides four minutes of supreme rock awesome. A bass line ripped straight from Stevie Nicks’ ”Edge of Seventeen” explodes in a blues-boogie combustion hot enough to singe your eyebrows.

http://music-mix.ew.com/2009/12/30/t...finitive-list/