User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-15-2017, 08:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
Say You Will is probably my favorite album. I'm not crazy about the Stevie songs, except Destiny Rules

Not quite my favourite...Rumours..has to be top,
But Say You Will would be next...It took me ages
to get into it, playing every journey in the car helped.
Now it's up there and I love it, especially Lindsey's songs.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
Say You Will is probably my favorite album. I'm not crazy about the Stevie songs, except Destiny Rules
I love SYW as probably the best Stevie solo album.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was contemplating last night about what this new album might sound like. I have a feeling that it's going to sound a lot like SYW, minus Stevie, plus Christine. So mostly Lindsey-sounding.
I bet the only reason why Mick and John aren't touring with them is to make a point that this isn't "Fleetwood Mac". (And that's a shame - as I said before, I wish they would just say this is another incarnation of Fleetwood Mac.)

Jamie
Old 03-15-2017, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Love Lindsey's Say You Will tracks, especially Peacekeeper, Miranda, Bleed to Love Her, and Steal Your Heart Away.
Old 03-15-2017, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Love Lindsey's Say You Will tracks, especially Peacekeeper, Miranda, Bleed to Love Her, and Steal Your Heart Away.
How great would it have been to have had Christine's voice giving backing vocals on Peacekeeper and Miranda? It would have been a very, very different record had they allowed her to participate. I think Lindsey even said something about that once.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 03-15-2017, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
I was contemplating last night about what this new album might sound like. I have a feeling that it's going to sound a lot like SYW, minus Stevie, plus Christine. So mostly Lindsey-sounding.
I bet the only reason why Mick and John aren't touring with them is to make a point that this isn't "Fleetwood Mac". (And that's a shame - as I said before, I wish they would just say this is another incarnation of Fleetwood Mac.)

Jamie
Nah, I don't think so. Say You Will was two albums stuck together really- a bit like Speakerboxxx/The Love Below. Buckingham McVie is a proper collaborative album by the sounds of it. It seems most of the songs were properly written and worked on together (perhaps at different times, but nevertheless both of them). They both therefore have ownership over the songs.

I'm not surprised John wont be involved much. His involvement on the album may have been quite limited- perhaps just the instrumental stuff that Lindsey worked on with Mick and John (several years ago). John might now be saving himself for the big tour. Poor thing.

very surprised and disappointed Mick wont be involved in any live shows- that's a curious one.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 03-15-2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
How great would it have been to have had Christine's voice giving backing vocals on Peacekeeper and Miranda? It would have been a very, very different record had they allowed her to participate. I think Lindsey even said something about that once.
Those songs scream for her augmentation. Keys and voice.

Entertainment Weekly:

Now, the definitive Mac roster is back for Say You Will, the band’s first full studio album since 1987’s forgettable ”Tango in the Night.” Well, 80 percent of the roster is, anyway: Christine McVie has opted to sit this one out. And while the album’s highlights shine brightly, the absence of the group’s least heralded songwriter ultimately proves a significant obstacle.

But who would have guessed just how important Christine McVie was to the Mac mix? Though overshadowed by her bandmates’ star power, her songs (”Say You Love Me,” ”Over My Head,” the effortless ”Tusk” gem ”Think About Me”) were the glue that held the best Fleetwood Mac records together. Christine’s husky vocals and clear emotions linked the band back to its blues base and grounded the quirk-and-quirkier team of Buckingham and Nicks.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 03-15-2017 at 10:44 AM..