Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-14-2017, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mick Fleetwood Interview

Discusses Buckingham Mcvie and more

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ev...ove-that-burns

Last edited by AlexD; 03-14-2017 at 09:38 PM.. Reason: I was being bad
Old 03-14-2017, 10:01 PM

“The crafting of the album became so specifically about Chris and Lindsey, really, some time ago,” Fleetwood says. “It came under the heading of music that had to come out. We had a lot of fun and Chris is full of vim and vigor, which in itself is mind-blowing. And I’m really happy for Lindsey, because this is what he most likes to do, putting something together. This relationship is a real expression of a musical powerhouse that’s come to the fore, and we’re all happy about that. And [the music] is really cool; I think they’ll be walking down some red carpets with this one."
Old 03-14-2017, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Also, it says that John and Mick won't be touring with them. Maybe Lindsey's solo group will be joining them? NEIL FTW!!
Old 03-14-2017, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
Discusses Buckingham Mcvie and more

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ev...ove-that-burns
thanks! some initial discussion on the info in this interview also here, posted by Tango - http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...=56766&page=49

special love for a possibility of the Buck/McVie tour raised by Mick.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-14-2017, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
thanks! some initial discussion on the info in this interview also here, posted by Tango - http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...=56766&page=49

special love for a possibility of the Buck/McVie tour raised by Mick.
I got so excited, I didn't even see the 'red carpet' comment.
Old 03-14-2017, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
“The crafting of the album became so specifically about Chris and Lindsey, really, some time ago,” Fleetwood says. “It came under the heading of music that had to come out. We had a lot of fun and Chris is full of vim and vigor, which in itself is mind-blowing. And I’m really happy for Lindsey, because this is what he most likes to do, putting something together. This relationship is a real expression of a musical powerhouse that’s come to the fore, and we’re all happy about that. And [the music] is really cool; I think they’ll be walking down some red carpets with this one."
I'm hoping to enjoy the music--as much as I enjoyed ITM and the three Lindsey solo albums since 2000. But there's another part of me that hopes this endeavor gets MEGA accolades from critics and is awarded something. It would be a fantastic testament to their combined talents. So, yeah, that red carpet comment is amazing.
Old 03-14-2017, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I'm hoping to enjoy the music--as much as I enjoyed ITM and the three Lindsey solo albums since 2000. But there's another part of me that hopes this endeavor gets MEGA accolades from critics and is awarded something. It would be a fantastic testament to their combined talents. So, yeah, that red carpet comment is amazing.
Mick also said in the Destiny Rules documentary that the songs Stevie wrote for SYW were the best she's wrote since Rumours or something like that
Old 03-14-2017, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mick also said in the Destiny Rules documentary that the songs Stevie wrote for SYW were the best she's wrote since Rumours or something like that
Actually, I agreed with him on that. I know I'm in the minority, but...
Old 03-14-2017, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Actually, I agreed with him on that. I know I'm in the minority, but...
Say You Will is probably my favorite album. I'm not crazy about the Stevie songs, except Destiny Rules
Old 03-14-2017, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Say You Will is probably my favorite album. I'm not crazy about the Stevie songs, except Destiny Rules
I really really dig five of them: Destiny Rules, Throw Down, Everybody Finds Out, Say You Will, and Illume.

The other three are garbage.
Old 03-14-2017, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I really really dig five of them: Destiny Rules, Throw Down, Everybody Finds Out, Say You Will, and Illume.

The other three are garbage.
Lindsey needs to change up his wardrobe. That guys been wearing a leather jacket with a black V-Neck for almost 10 years
Old 03-14-2017, 11:21 PM

For Stevie, those were some of the best songs she's ever written. The problem is they both wrote in a vacuum. Instead of B/N it was Lindsey Buckingham featuring Stevie Nicks.
Old 03-15-2017, 12:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It would be cool if Billy opened the shows to promote his new album, then joined the band for the B/M set! I also wouldn't mind seeing Todd Sharp tour with them, but I think he's pretty much semi retired.

One thing....the article said TANGO was March 24th....did it get pushed up a week??
Old 03-15-2017, 05:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it's good that Mick and John won't be joining them. It's clearly out of respect for Stevie and so people won't just think it's extremely odd that she's the only one not there.

Clever move.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
I think it's good that Mick and John won't be joining them. It's clearly out of respect for Stevie and so people won't just think it's extremely odd that she's the only one not there.

Clever move.

Agreed! This was the right thing to do considering the album is not titled as a Fleetwood Mac album.