Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-24-2018, 06:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Stevie has been involved with erase MS for awhile. Don Henley's wife has MS and I think Don got Stevie involved in the cause many years ago.
Old 04-27-2018, 09:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Flashback: Behind the scenes with Sheryl Crow & Stevie Nicks

This photo shows a small part of the walls and ceiling in the room where a Stevie Nicks / Sheryl Crow music video was being filmed.
Oddly enough there were only vague ideas for what was to be painted on the walls but nothing specific or approved. I had a notebook with about 20 pages of song lyrics but no additional data, so at last when I had no other options I just painted on the lyrics that I liked the most. (I painted all the graphics on 5 major walls in 3 hours, extremely fast.)
Stevie and Sheryl were around, in makeup or rehearsing and I finished painting everything at about 2 AM. At one point when Sheryl was taking a nap on the couch, Stevie came up to me and in a slightly serious manner asked me who had picked out the painted lyrics. Man, was I up against the wall. So I just told her the truth, that it was ME. She replied, “Those are my favorite lyrics too,” with a great smile. Boy was I relieved.

http://collinsvisualmedia.com/flashb...w-stevie-nicks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1385.jpg (56.2 KB, 25 views)

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 04-27-2018, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

observer.com/2018/04/fleetwood-mac-stevie-nicks-new-york-apartment-for-sale/

Stevie Nicks’ Former New York Crash Pad Is Back
By Morgan Halberg • 04/27/18 5:00pm

Stevie Nicks and John Elway both stayed in this apartment. Douglas Elliman
Stevie Nicks is preparing to go on a massive tour with Fleetwood Mac this fall when they visit over 50 cities in the United States. When she stops in New York next March, though, Nicks is going to have to rethink where she’ll be staying.
Nicks has reportedly crashed at a sleek three-bedroom, 3.5-bathroom apartment at the Jean Nouvel-designed 100 Eleventh Avenue, but the home is now back on the sales market. It seems the current owner, Larry Mueller, is determined to part with the 2,674-square-foot abode.

Stevie Nicks might have to look for a new crash pad. Ethan Miller/Getty Images
He’s relisted the apartment, located on the 19th floor, for $7.95 million, but he once had far more ambitious expectations for the West Chelsea home—it was asking $10.6 million in April 2016. Coincidentally, Observer checked out this exact unit back when it had the higher price tag and Corcoran was attached as the brokerage. Alas, there was no mention of a tie to Nicks at the time, so perhaps it was more of a secret then—or maybe she didn’t start staying here until the past year.
Aside from Nicks, former NFL quarterback and current Denver Broncos general manager John Elway also used to stay at this apartment, according to the New York Post. It just so happens to be on the same floor as Kelsey Grammer’s onetime residence in the building.

It’s the same floor where Kelsey Grammer once lived. Douglas Elliman
The apartment hasn’t changed much since Observer last saw it, at least not per the listing photos, though there has been a switch to Douglas Elliman brokers Andre Rouach and Raphael De Niro. The floor-to-ceiling windows are one of the most attractive parts of the apartment; the views of the Hudson River are striking.
There are terrazzo floors and 11-foot ceilings throughout, and the great room is equipped with a sparkling black-accented fireplace, which we were previously told was redone by the owner’s designer, Cheryl Lucas, from its original white color.
The kitchen’s stainless steel finish is offset by the glassy eating areas and breakfast bar. And it seems as if the seller is into vino, as there are two separate wine refrigerators. Each of the bedrooms has an en-suite bathroom, while the master features a walk-in closet and a bathroom with a separate stall shower and custom bathtub.

The kitchen is finished with stainless steel and glass. Douglas Elliman
We must say, though, the sharp, modern lines of this apartment don’t exactly scream Stevie Nicks—it seems little too slick, so we’re going to assume she used this as temporary lodgings. Alas, Nicks resides in Los Angeles full-time, where she owns at least two homes, and we don’t really see her as a potential buyer for the place.
In other Fleetwood Mac news, John McVie recently parted with his Hawaii retreat, as he’s making the move back to Brentwood. Hopefully, it won’t be too awkward if he runs into recently ousted former band member Lindsey Buckingham.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:06 PM

PREMIERE: The Shantics Release New Single “Stevie Nicks”

Following the release of their infectious single, Mind Pop, London boys The Shantics are keen to keep building momentum and release their next single, Stevie Nicks; a thrillingly riff-based, fast-paced indie banger.
Stevie Nicks is a song written about a strangely positive encounter they had with a wanted criminal who sold them their PA System. Some of the lyrics are almost direct quotes from their conversations with him. Of course, they didn’t know he was a thief at the time of buying the PA but found out after and felt compelled to write a song about their experience. “We wanted to make sure the song’s lyrical concept matched with the vibe of the music. The guitar riff was written to emulate footsteps to sound like a robber creeping around at night and the slightly discordant feel represents our mixed emotions towards him.”
The way that The Shantics came together could be translated into a modern-day band love story. It seems that the universe knew long before them that they were meant to play together; it just took a few near misses and little nudges to assure it.
At the centre, are two brothers; Jimmy and Harry Morris, who grew up in a musical household, learning guitar from the age of four. Add in drummer Mike Cosburn, and Jacob Nation the band’s bass player and you have the quintessential four-piece rock band that has a knack for crafting infectious songs, big in personality.
Determined to never become background noise, The Shantics teamed up with multi-platinum producer, Jake Gosling (Ed Sheeran, James Bay, The Libertines), and signed to his record label Goldun Egg Records.
The inner child in them enthuses the big dream of making music, the inner musician in them dedicates everything to making noise, the inner writer in them seeks inspiration from the little parts of every day, and the inner brother in them supports every move.

http://ventsmagazine.com/2018/05/03/...-stevie-nicks/
Old 05-17-2018, 07:30 AM

Stevie Nicks TV Block This Weekend For Her Birthday

AXS TV have announced that they will be celebrating Fleetwood Mac star Stevie Nicks' upcoming birthday with a career-spanning lineup packed with performances and profiles on her actual birthday, Saturday, May 26 starting at 1pE/10aP. They sent over the following details:

The festivities begin with an in-depth look at one of the band's most influential works, taking viewers behind the scenes and into the studio as Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, Christine McVie, Mick Fleetwood, and John McVie discuss the creative process behind Rumours in Classic Albums: Fleetwood Mac - Rumours.

An encore broadcast of Classic Albums will air at 6:30pE. The GRAMMY®-nominated 1986 concert Stevie Nicks: Rock A Little follows at 2pE, as Nicks takes the stage at the Red Rocks Amphitheatre for a powerhouse set featuring "Edge Of Seventeen," "Talk To Me," "Stand Back," and "Dreams," with guest appearances by Mick Fleetwood and Peter Frampton. An encore broadcast of Rock A Little will air at 7:30pE.

The day continues at 3pE with the 2014 profile series Rock Legends: Fleetwood Mac, compiling expert interviews, rare archive footage, classic concerts and more to tell the story of the band's incredible legacy. An encore of Rock Legends airs at 8:30pE. Then, at 3:30pE, Stevie breezes into The Windy City for an intimate evening, blending solo hits and Fleetwood Mac favorites in Soundstage: Stevie Nicks, with an encore at 9pE. And Nicks is back in action with Fleetwood Mac, as the band brings the Say You Will Tour to the FleetCenter for an unforgettable show featuring "Rhiannon," "Gold Dust Woman," "Go Your Own Way," and many more in Fleetwood Mac, Live In Boston at 4:30pE with an encore broadcast at 10pE.

The block comes to a close at 12aE, as Fleetwood Mac's dynamic duo reunites for a once in a lifetime event in Lindsey Buckingham With Special Guest Stevie Nicks. The hit-fueled set features Buckingham's priceless stories revealing the meanings-and controversies-behind some of the most beloved songs from his acclaimed career, before launching into an eclectic setlist that includes "Trouble," "Murrow Turning Over In His Grave," "Big Love," "Peacekeeper," and "Someone's Gonna Change Your Mind," headlined by an emotional duet with Nicks on the Fleetwood Mac signatures "Never Going Back Again" and "Say Goodbye."

http://www.antimusic.com/news/18/May...Birthday.shtml
Old 05-20-2018, 03:42 PM

Tom Petty's Former Encino Home Lists for $5 Million

Petty called the house on Encino Way his home for more than two decades.
When renovating the former home of a rock legend like Tom Petty, one is likely to encounter some peculiar amenities. The house on Encino Way, which Petty called home for more than two decades and which is now back on the market for $5 million, did not disappoint.

"There is still a secret ladder that connected the costume room to the master suite," says Jenna Mattison, who recently completed an 11-month overhaul of the 11,483-square-foot home. The exact reason for the ladder is unknown, but rumor has it that Fleetwood Mac's Stevie Nicks would hole up in the costume area for brief stints.

"Every inch of that house had to be reinvented and redesigned. It wasn't a disaster in that it was dilapidated, but it was definitely rock star bizarre," says Mattison, a film director who has a side hustle flipping homes. Mattison, along with her partner Donald Woolhouse, purchased the home out of foreclosure last year for $2.6 million and when they first walked in were struck by the leopard skin carpets and neon-blue tiling. "You definitely knew someone very eccentric had lived there."

It's impossible to tell from the staging photos, but the six-bedroom, 10-bathroom home that includes a special guest quarters survived everything from an arson attack, a foreclosure and a SWAT team invasion. And those are just the things that we know about.

Early one morning in 1987, Petty and his family were eating breakfast when an arsonist lit the wooden staircase on fire. Almost everything burned down except for the basement recording studio. The house was promptly rebuilt in a style that resembled a mountain cabin.

Petty's first wife, Jane Benyo, acquired the home in their 1996 divorce settlement. JPMorgan Chase would later foreclose on the home, but before it did, the property was reportedly rented out to a party planner who held a series of raucous parties there, which drew the ire of local neighbors. When the bank took possession of the home, a SWAT team was required to evict the tenant, who had refused to leave the premises and threatened the authorities.

The home sits on an enormous 38,000-square-foot lot and has a swimming pool and waterfall along with ample outdoor space and a nine-car garage.

"It's a really unique home, and you have to be a bit of a genius to get it," says Mattison. "It won't be for the average family with a Volvo in the garage. The person buying this house is probably going to be a creative type."

The home is being listed by The Agency's Craig Knizek and Ninkey Dalton, and for the those curious about a little slice of L.A. rock and roll history, the open house starts on Saturday.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...illion-1112904
Old 07-07-2018, 08:34 AM

Chrissie Hynde of the Pretenders wants you to put your **** phone away at live shows

Q: The Pretenders have an upcoming gig at Wrigley Field in Chicago opening for Journey and Def Leppard. Are you surprised to find yourself on the same bill as Journey?

A: I don’t know much about them, so I’m not surprised. I also just toured South America with Phil Collins. That was a surprise. I did a couple of tours with Stevie Nicks, also a surprise. I’ve been on the bill with all sorts of odd combinations. I’m not quite sure where I or anyone fits into it at the moment, because it’s a funny scene. It just feels like it’s wide open and anything goes.

https://eu.cincinnati.com/story/ente...nes/751660002/
Old 07-28-2018, 07:54 AM

'Equalizer 2' actor Pedro Pascal slams family separations: 'There's no justifying it'

Right after a movie press-day that the actor wrapped-up with a live Twitter Q&A session, actor Pedro Pascal spoke with NBC News wearing a Fleetwood Mac shirt that his sister got for him. When asked if he was a fan, the answer was a resounding "Yes!"

The actor confessed he had never been to one of their concerts, though he fondly remembers having a long conversation with Stevie Nicks, during which she held his hands the entire time.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/...here-s-n893821
Old 08-18-2018, 08:08 AM

Legendary Musicians Waddy Wachtel of Stevie Nicks and Bernard Fowler of The Rolling Stones to Headline AlertTheGlobe.com August 18th Event

Concert will be live streamed at http://www.AlertTheGlobe.com

VENTURA, CALIF. (PRWEB) AUGUST 16, 2018

Alert the Globe Productions along with Discovery Ventura are proud to present an evening with the legendary Waddy Wachtel Band on August 18th. The performance begins at 9:00 pm at Discovery Ventura, located at 1888 E. Thompson Blvd, Ventura CA.

The evening’s performance will also be available for viewing around the world LIVE courtesy of Alert the Globe at http://www.AlertTheGlobe.com

Waddy Wachtel is one of the most respected performers in the music industry. His career has spanned many years as a guitarist, producer and songwriter. Starting from his early days with Warren Zevon, Waddy went on to earn accolades performing alongside Linda Ronstadt, James Taylor and Jackson Browne to his current work with Keith Richards and Stevie Nicks, with lots of stops along the way.

The Waddy Wachtel Band has been performing since 2000 and includes some of the best known and most respected artists in the world today. Core members include Bernard Fowler (The Rolling Stones), Phil Jones (Tom Petty), Brett Tuggle (Fleetwood Mac), Al Ortiz (Stevie Nicks), Keith Allison (Paul Revere and the Raiders) and vocalist Jamie Savko. They frequently are joined by special surprise guests too, including Keith Richards, Robert Plant, Joe Walsh, Neil Young, Adam Sandler, Bobby Womack, Donovan, Eric Burdon, Leo Sayer, George Thorogood and many more.

AlertTheGlobe.com offers a unique and proprietary system that connects musicians and music lovers using a never before seen platform that offers instantaneous delivery to the world.

The All-Star group of Advisors who have been behind the AlertTheGlobe.com movement are Bernard Fowler, vocalist with The Rolling Stones; Waddy Wachtel, guitar legend and music director for Stevie Nicks; Roy Bittan, keyboard player for Bruce Springsteen’s band; Greg Bissonette, drummer with Ringo Starr’s band; Bunny Brunel, legendary bassist and Rob Shanahan, personal photographer to Ringo Starr just to name a few. “Our LIVE stream will change the way you see us and we see you,” says Fowler.

Tickets to the Discovery Ventura can be purchased in advance, visit https://nightout.com/events/waddy-wa...entura/tickets for more information.

Connect with AlertTheGlobe.com on social media; Facebook Fan Page at AlertTheGlobe, Twitter @AlertTheGlobe, and Instagram @alerttheglobe.
For media inquiries and interviews, please contact Kelly Bennett of Bennett Unlimited PR Kelly(at)BPUnlimited.com or (949) 463-6383.

About Alert the Globe: AlertTheGlobe.com was created to share music, promote brands and stream live high quality video and audio from stages all around the world. There are no borders concerning the interest and affinity for arts in all the varieties imaginable. Our mission is to bring the world together through music by connecting musicians live. For more information, visit http://www.AlertTheGlobe.com.

https://www.prweb.com/releases/legen...eb15691146.htm
Old 09-09-2018, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The September 14 issue of Entertainment Weekly has a piece on Cher's new album of ABBA songs, stemming from her role in Mamma Mia 2. They suggest other options for compilations based on her movie career, and their top pick is a Witches of Eastwick inspired album of Stevie Nicks covers.
Old 09-16-2018, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"Dance Like Stevie Nicks," the debut single from Scottish singer-songwriter Cameron Adam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2PX...ature=youtu.be
Old 10-31-2018, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default How to design your own Bella Donna outfit

Old 11-23-2018, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

On this week's Hollywood Game Night, they played a game where you connect one celebrity to another. One clue was, "This celebrity officiated Vanessa Carlton's wedding." The team correctly guessed Stevie. From there, it was "Stevie Nicks starred on American Horror Story alongside this celebrity's niece." The team correctly guessed Julia Roberts.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Captain Marvel’s hair was inspired by Stevie Nicks

Captain Marvel is the most powerful superhero in the Marvel Universe, and her hair was inspired by equally strong women in real life.
Because the just-released movie takes place in the ’90s, Camille Friend, head of the hair department for the film, and her team looked toward icons of that era for reference.
“One thing about the ’90s is that it wasn’t really a great hair period,” Friend told Page Six Style with a laugh. “For Brie [Larson, who plays the titular character], we wanted her to have a little edge. So we looked at the women who were rockers of the age, like Chrissy Hynde and the women of Fleetwood Mac.”
https://pagesix.com/2019/03/19/capta...stevie-knicks/

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 03-22-2019, 12:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
Captain Marvel’s hair was inspired by Stevie Nicks

Captain Marvel is the most powerful superhero in the Marvel Universe, and her hair was inspired by equally strong women in real life.
Because the just-released movie takes place in the ’90s, Camille Friend, head of the hair department for the film, and her team looked toward icons of that era for reference.
“One thing about the ’90s is that it wasn’t really a great hair period,” Friend told Page Six Style with a laugh. “For Brie [Larson, who plays the titular character], we wanted her to have a little edge. So we looked at the women who were rockers of the age, like Chrissy Hynde and the women of Fleetwood Mac.”
https://pagesix.com/2019/03/19/capta...stevie-knicks/
uh, I think the actual article says it was inspired by both Stevie AND Christine, as well as Chrissie Hynde. Misleading headline.
(critique of article, not a critique of the person posting it here)