Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-01-2004, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Stevie's not sociopathic (she has a surfeit of feeling & empathy for other people). But what you see as openness with her decades of discussing one problem of hers after another & how she fought back from this & dealt with that (o/~ Ooh, in all of her wisdom ... o/~) strikes others as self-indulgence & self-obsession.

It could be argued that for Christine to casually toss off a self-depreciating but revealing comment like "those pictures are airbrushed" is as revealing & "open" as Stevie spending years pointing out her drug use or Lindsey continually emphasizing how leaving the band was a "survival move."

Have you ever had a friend or an acquaintance who just wasn't inclined to spill his or her guts, but who one day -- out of the blue -- made some brief revealing comment, & you thought, "Whoa"?
I completely know what you mean, David... and I thought Christine's comment was pretty gutsy, too. And especially impressive because she's not prone to being particularly revealing.

I just think it's odd to take what should have been a conversation solely about Christine, and try to throw in a dig towards Stevie... and, at that, a dig which doesn't even have strong legs.
What was the point? What was the purpose? Her name never had to be mentioned (or not-so-subtly self-censored ).

But, of course, I know why the comment was made... Homer has happily admitted that he likes to throw out little digs to rile the Stevie Fans. Unfortunately, Jason took the bait. So my comment was directed at Jason, assuring him that he doesn't need to bother.

I say that if we're going to talk about Christine (and we should talk about her, and often), then let's do so without snide digs at anyone else in the band. Christine is refined and sophisticated... I assume she's above such pettiness.
Old 10-01-2004, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But, of course, I know why the comment was made... Homer has happily admitted that he likes to throw out little digs to rile the Stevie Fans. Unfortunately, Jason took the bait. So my comment was directed at Jason, assuring him that he doesn't need to bother.
Ya know, we ARE on the Christine board. Twirling's not allowed here(sorry Johnny).
Unless, of course, that's how you mix drinks...
Old 10-03-2004, 02:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr
and your point is?
touche, my friend, touche

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 10-03-2004 at 02:16 AM..