User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-26-2004, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
So the videotape I've got of the concert is just side two of the laserdisk? I never knew that.

But Macfan, you and I GET that talent has alot more to do with ability, than spinning around like a drunken sailor. Pity the drones that don't get it.
Homer, there was both a videotape AND a laser disc that were released. The concert on side 2 of the laser disc is a shortened version, only about 40-45 minutes. The video album on video tape is an hour long. I have the 1 hour video tape & a video tape version of the laser disc.

And, yes I think you and I are on the same wavelength when it comes to Christine. Talent always beats all the silly superficial stuff in my book.
Old 09-26-2004, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsygem81
I agree. I love watching her interviews - she's so witty and entertaining. I was watching some sort of documentary which was behind the scenes on the Rumours tour and she was brilliant - people always seemed to be around her to listen to what she had to say. She was like a story teller. It's the one where she's making fun of some of the interviews that she's had and she's always asked the same questsions - so she's kind of interviewing herself and asking herself questions. One of them is when she says 'whats it like being a sex symbol in rock and roll?' and then she says, 'I don't know - ask Stevie Nicks'. And then she has a fit of laughter. It's brill.

Love Gem
That's the Rumours documentary from Japan. Most of the footage from that video is pretty mundane. But, Christine's interviews are priceless, even if she was pretty drunk. That quote about Stevie was hilarious. I think she was half kidding & half serious when she said that.
Old 09-26-2004, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr
will you tape this for me? I would love to see it. OK i'm drooling now. I remember the doc, but it's been so long i forgot.
I would love to, but I only have 1 VCR. About 3 years ago, I traded for this video with someone here on the Ledge. They somehow copied it directly from the laser disc. Unfortunately, she is no longer trading.

Hopefully, someone else here has this video & has an extra VCR to tape it for you.
Old 09-26-2004, 08:11 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

>>That's the Rumours documentary from Japan. Most of the footage from that video is pretty mundane. But, Christine's interviews are priceless, even if she was pretty drunk. That quote about Stevie was hilarious. I think she was half kidding & half serious when she said that. >>

I LOVE that footage of Chris. Gotta love a buzzed (OK, a smashed) Chris. The little snort she makes after that Stevie comment is hysterical, when she is laughing so hard. It cracks me up every time I watch it!!

-Lis
Old 09-26-2004, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
I would love to, but I only have 1 VCR. About 3 years ago, I traded for this video with someone here on the Ledge. They somehow copied it directly from the laser disc. Unfortunately, she is no longer trading.

Hopefully, someone else here has this video & has an extra VCR to tape it for you.

I have it on DVD. Maybe I can find a DVD burner and help you out. I'll keep ya posted on that.

-Curt
Old 09-27-2004, 08:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
>>That's the Rumours documentary from Japan. Most of the footage from that video is pretty mundane. But, Christine's interviews are priceless, even if she was pretty drunk. That quote about Stevie was hilarious. I think she was half kidding & half serious when she said that. >>

I LOVE that footage of Chris. Gotta love a buzzed (OK, a smashed) Chris. The little snort she makes after that Stevie comment is hysterical, when she is laughing so hard. It cracks me up every time I watch it!!

-Lis
I know - and I love how she goes on about how Stevie's antics onstage add to and enhance the band's performance so they are cool. I also love how she goes on about her, I think dog (its been awhile ) - I think that interview segment is the brilliantly witty and pithy side of CM that the rest of FM seem to love and talk about - I can see where they are coming from because I certainly loved seeing it!!!!!

As for the 1984 performance - CM has never been and willingly admits that she is not a dynamic - center stage kind of performer. I think she is great despite that though and I like the 1984 thing.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 09-27-2004, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
I also love how she goes on about her, I think dog (its been awhile )
Yes, if I remember correctly, she mentions that her dog is gay. Both interview segments with Christine on that tape are hilarious.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Why don't those of you with the laserdisc of the documentary shot in Switzerland trade it with some of the other fans so that it makes the rounds?

Most of us -- if we have it at all -- have a poor-quality videotape of it. All I remember of it is Chris playing "The Challenge" on her Yamaha with Todd in a hotel room somewhere. And then there's another scene with Lenny (or Russ?) in a telephone booth, mugging through some corny dialog.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
That's the Rumours documentary from Japan.
Eh, it's more like internal single-camera footage stolen by Frank Harding, transferred sloppily to videotape & sold online to buncoed bidders.
Quote:
Most of the footage from that video is pretty mundane.
Plenty of addled, surreal moments, such as cutaways to Japanese housewives shopping for eggplant interspersed with a Tokyo performance of "Gold Dust Woman."

Priceless! It wasn't just Fleetwood Mac doing drugs -- the entire organization was on blow!!