Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.skopemag.com/2012/10/26/l...igital-release

LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM ANNOUNCES DIGITAL RELEASE
October 26, 2012 By Skope

Legendary guitarist, singer/songwriter, Grammy winner, producer and Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame member Lindsey Buckingham will release his first ever solo acoustic live album, Lindsey Buckingham: One Man Show, on November 13th, 2012. The album will be available digitally on iTunes as Buckingham concludes his year long trek of sold out solo acoustic shows that garnered rave reviews across the US (remaining tour dates below). The intimate and stripped down setting on the road truly displayed the immense talents of this legendary performer. The album, recorded live and in one take from his Hoyt Sherman Place show in Des Moines, Iowa on September 1st, is a raw and unmixed performance that includes many of his hits.

www.lindseybuckingham.com

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-28-2012, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
Yeah, it's pretty great. Selling every show would be mindblowing but to get a document of every tour is fantastic - especially for those of us who can't make it across the Atlantic!
in fact, there's another show from this tour that he should make available, but with all 4 encores he did (and we know he'd never do that, since he thinks the way he does requests is uncontrolled / haphazard) - second Chicago show!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-28-2012, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yeah i remember you saying that.

either way, 2 live albums, 2 different tours, plus a studio album, all within less than 2 year time span - how great is that?!
Ok I'm not quite as up on LB as Stevie, but I still thought I was aware of all his official releases... TWO live albums in less than two years? Someone please clue me in....
Old 10-28-2012, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Ok I'm not quite as up on LB as Stevie, but I still thought I was aware of all his official releases... TWO live albums in less than two years? Someone please clue me in....
Songs From The Small Machine - Live In L.A. (Live At Saban Theatre In Beverly Hills, CA / 2011) came out in November 2011:
http://www.amazon.com/Songs-Small-Ma...sey+buckingham

plus digital version came out May 1, 2012:
http://www.amazon.com/Songs-From-The...=dmusic&sr=1-8

and of course Lindsey Buckingham: One Man Show is coming out Nov 13, 2012.

so i guess it will be practically within a year.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:40 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
Me too!!! It was a great show!
The only thing that would make this even greater is if there was a DVD to accompany the audio recording.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetta07 View Post
The only thing that would make this even greater is if there was a DVD to accompany the audio recording.
Agreed! I do have videos of most of the show, but an official DVD would be much better than my crappy camera recordings
Old 10-31-2012, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.artistdirect.com/entertai...medium=twitter

Lindsey Buckingham to Release "One Man Show" on November 13
Wed, 31 Oct 2012 13:35:29

Lindsey Buckingham Videos
more lindsey buckingham videos »

Legendary guitarist, singer/songwriter, Grammy-winner, producer and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame member Lindsey Buckingham will release his first ever solo acoustic live album, Lindsey Buckingham: One Man Show, on November 13, 2012.

This is a BIG deal!

The album will be available digitally on iTunes as Buckingham concludes his year-long trek of sold out solo acoustic shows that garnered rave reviews across the U.S.. The intimate and stripped down setting on the road truly displayed the immense talents of this legendary performer. The album, recorded live and in one take from his Hoyt Sherman Place show in Des Moines, Iowa on September 1, is a raw and unmixed performance that includes many of his hits.

Buckingham says, "As an artist, you need to seek out what is essential and discard what is inessential, to always keep an eye on what lives at the center. That was the impetus for this performance. My center has always been voice and guitar, and as I've evolved, I've looked to broaden the range and vocabulary of that center. So when I decided to tour in 2012, it suddenly felt as though I'd been working towards something, that I'd arrived at a new place. I sensed it was time to do something I'd never done: A one man show. This performance is from a single night in Des Moines, Iowa, taken right off the console mix, with a couple of room mikes added in. It's live and raw, with no post-production. I love it! It captures not only the spirit of the performance, but also the spirit of where I now live as an artist.

Track Listing:

1. Cast Away Dreams
2. Bleed to Love Her
3. Not Too Late
4. Stephanie
5. Come
6. Shut Us Down
7. Go Insane
8. Never Going Back Again
9. Big Love
10. So Afraid
11. Go Your Own Way
12. Trouble
13. Seeds We Sow

What track do you most want to hear?

—Amy Sciarretto
"Like" ARTISTdirect on facebook to get more news and info on Lindsey Buckingham
Tags: Lindsey Buckingham

Old 10-31-2012, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.k-hits.com/musicnews/story.aspx?ID=1801525

MUSIC NEWS

LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM RELEASING FIRST LIVE ALBUM NEXT MONTH

10/31/2012

Lindsey Buckingham will release his first ever solo live album via iTunes on November 13th. The 13-song collection, Lindsey Buckingham: One Man Show, was recorded on September 1st in Des Moines, Iowa at Hoyt Sherman Place, and chronicles the set Buckingham has been playing on his current solo acoustic tour. The album features Buckingham tapping into his solo work with tracks like "Go Insane" and "Trouble," Fleetwood Mac with "I'm So Afraid," and "Go Your Own Way" -- and even a rare dip into the Buckingham Nicks catalogue with "Stephanie."

The tracklisting for Lindsey Buckingham: One Man Show is: "Cast Away Dreams," "Bleed To Love Her," "Not Too Late," "Stephanie," "Come," "Shut Us Down," "Go Insane," "Never Going Back Again," "Big Love," "I'm So Afraid," "Go Your Own Way," "Trouble," and "Seeds We Sow."

We asked Lindsey Buckingham if he was ever been jealous of his late '70s colleagues Peter Frampton and Neal Schon, who came to symbolize the guitar heroes of the era, while his own groundbreaking work was buried under the drama of the Fleetwood Mac myth: "To some degree, the way the average person judges guitar is sort of guitar for its own sake. And I guess, I've always tried to make guitar in service of the song, and maybe that makes it a little less obvious to the average listener. Part of what I judge success as being, in terms of good record making is when the guitar work -- or any instrumentation kind of melds to the song and becomes not something that you're aware of, just becomes part and parcel with the whole."

Lindsey Buckingham tour dates (subject to change):

November 3 - Oklahoma City, OK - Academy Of Contemporary Music at University Of Central Oklahoma
November 4 - Overland Park, KS - Carlsen Center
November 5 - Little Rock, AR - Juanita's Cantina Ballroom
November 7 - Chattanooga, TN - Track 29
November 8 - Nashville, TN - War Memorial Auditorium
November 9 - St. Louis, MO - The Pageant
November 11 - Asheville, NC - The Orange Peel
November 12 - Knoxville, TN - Bijou Theatre
November 13 - Louisville, KY - Headliners Music Hall
November 14 - Lexington, KY - Lexington Opera House
November 16 - Saugatuck, MI - Saugatuck Center For The Arts
November 17 - South Milwaukee, WI - South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center
November 18 - Madison, WI - Barrymore Theatre
November 19 - Eau Claire, WI - State Theatre
November 20 - Minneapolis, MN - Dakota Jazz Club & Restaurant

Old 11-01-2012, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^

Tour dates SUBJECT TO CHANGE???????????????

They better not change!!!!!!!
Old 11-01-2012, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
^

Tour dates SUBJECT TO CHANGE???????????????

They better not change!!!!!!!
What a weird thing to to say!
Old 11-01-2012, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
What a weird thing to to say!
Maybe just covering their backsides as winter weather is approaching???????
Old 11-06-2012, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.noise11.com/news/lindsey-...medium=twitter

Lindsey Buckingham Releases Live One Man Show On Digital
by VVN MUSIC on NOVEMBER 7, 2012

Lindsey Buckingham is one of our greatest guitarists.

Unfortunately, that sometimes is missed when he plays in a band like Fleetwood Mac or on his solo tours. That’s why it is so exciting to finally get Buckingham solo, just his guitar and his voice, on One Man Show, coming on November 13 via digital download only.

The album was recorded live, in one take, on September 1 at Hoyt Sherman Place in Des Moines, Iowa. Buckingham said “As an artist, you need to seek out what is essential and discard what is inessential, to always keep an eye on what lives at the center. That was the impetus for this performance. My center has always been voice and guitar, and as I’ve evolved, I’ve looked to broaden the range and vocabulary of that center. So when I decided to tour in 2012, it suddenly felt as though I’d been working towards something, that I’d arrived at a new place. I sensed it was time to do something I’d never done: A one man show. This performance is from a single night in Des Moines, Iowa, taken right off the console mix, with a couple of room mikes added in. It’s live and raw, with no post-production. I love it! It captures not only the spirit of the performance, but also the spirit of where I now live as an artist.”

Buckingham will also be touring during November promoting the release.

Track List:

Cast Away Dreams
Bleed to Love Her
Not Too Late
Stephanie
Come
Shut Us Down
Go Insane
Never Going Back Again
Big Love
So Afraid
Go Your Own Way
Trouble
Seeds We Sow

Old 11-08-2012, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Has anyone else seen the cover for the GYW single? (here: http://nickslive.blogspot.com.au/201...ingham-ft.html )

I find it an unfortunate choice.....
Old 11-08-2012, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Has anyone else seen the cover for the GYW single? (here: http://nickslive.blogspot.com.au/201...ingham-ft.html )

I find it an unfortunate choice.....
I completely agree. I hope that's not what he's using for the album.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Was hoping it had dropped early. But it didn't. Still: So excited!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.