Old 09-25-2012, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lexington, KY November 14th

IT'S OFFICIAL - PASS THE WORD!

An Evening with LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM
Wednesday Nov 14 Lexington Opera House
7:30 showtime Tickets on sale Fri Oct 5
TICKETS: call 859-233-3535

The volunteers of the Troubadour Concert Series and Highbridge Spring Water are proud to present a special event solo performance by LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM, guitarist and male lead singer of the supergroup FLEETWOOD MAC on Wednesday Nov 14 at the historic Lexington Opera House. As a member of Fleetwood Mac, he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998. In 2011, Buckingham was listed by Rolling Stone magazine as one of "The 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time". In Fleetwood Mac's heyday, Buckingham was known for his finger picking guitar style and wide vocal range as well as the famous (sometimes tense) chemistry between himself and former girlfriend and band mate Stevie Nicks.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't see it listed yet, but here's the venue site: http://www.lexingtonoperahouse.com/index.php

Or the website from the ad: http://troubashow.com/
Old 09-25-2012, 04:33 PM
Ledgie

Thank You Jesus. 20 Minutes Away From My House.

Freaking Out Here.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
the website from the ad: http://troubashow.com/
An Evening with

LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM

Wednesday Nov 14
Lexington Opera House
7:30 showtime
Tickets on sale Friday Oct 5

TICKETS: call 859-233-3535 or www.TicketMaster.com

The volunteers of the Troubadour Concert Series and Highbridge Spring Water are proud to present a special event solo performance by LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM, guitarist and male lead singer of the supergroup FLEETWOOD MAC on Wednesday Nov 14 at the historic Lexington Opera House.

Lindsey Buckingham has accomplished almost everything that can be done in rock 'n' roll, earning a spot in the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame with Fleetwood Mac, winning countless awards, selling out venues around the world, and helping define the sound of rock for the last 3 decades. He's the predominant musical force behind such Mac albums as Rumours and the innovative Tusk, and has created a critically acclaimed body of solo work that yielded the hits, "Trouble," "Go Insane," and "Holiday Road."

Aside from his tenure with Fleetwood Mac, Buckingham has also released six solo albums and two live albums. As a member of Fleetwood Mac, he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998. In 2011, Buckingham was listed by Rolling Stone magazine as one of "The 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time". In Fleetwood Mac's heyday, Buckingham was known for his finger picking guitar style and wide vocal range as well as the famous (sometimes tense) chemistry between himself and former girlfriend and bandmate Stevie Nicks.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-25-2012, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll be there! Bout time one of them made their way to KY
Old 09-25-2012, 11:36 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldDustGypsy View Post
Thank You Jesus. 20 Minutes Away From My House.

Freaking Out Here.
Awesome for you

I am freaking out a bit with all of the concert date postings -- I am going out of town Nov 15-18 for work and I'm just crossing my fingers that there will not be any dates in Kansas scheduled (doesn't seem likely, but I will kick myself so hard for volunteering to go on this trip if it does.)
Old 09-26-2012, 08:36 AM
Ledgie

It's just so unexpected! I didn't think he would come back this way after already doing those Ohio/Tennessee dates.....but hey, I'm not complaining!
Old 09-26-2012, 08:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's just so unexpected! I didn't think he would come back this way after already doing those Ohio/Tennessee dates.....but hey, I'm not complaining!
right? Come Lindsey, a bit more east? Fillmore in Silver Spring, for example?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-26-2012, 02:37 PM
Ledgie

I think Lindsey should stick to this general area

So far I'm DEFINITELY going to the Lexington one (like I would miss that, ha) and I'm going to try to make the Knoxville and Asheville dates as well....basically anything that takes under 5 hours to get to.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think Lindsey should stick to this general area

So far I'm DEFINITELY going to the Lexington one (like I would miss that, ha) and I'm going to try to make the Knoxville and Asheville dates as well....basically anything that takes under 5 hours to get to.
well, apparently he listened to you - all new dates are now announced (see other thread) and he doesn't get much further east, but he's going back to WI and TN.

Old 09-26-2012, 04:42 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
well, apparently he listened to you - all new dates are now announced (see other thread) and he doesn't get much further east, but he's going back to WI and TN.
Well we are best friends.

I figured he would announce a Louisville date, glad he did! The thing I love about Lindsey concerts is that if you have the means to get there, you can go to as many shows as you want because the tickets are so reasonably priced.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
right? Come Lindsey, a bit more east? Fillmore in Silver Spring, for example?
But he has no clue what/where that is Elle!!!!
Old 09-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well we are best friends.

I figured he would announce a Louisville date, glad he did! The thing I love about Lindsey concerts is that if you have the means to get there, you can go to as many shows as you want because the tickets are so reasonably priced.
Yes!!!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll be there. I think this is the first time Stevie/Lindsey/FM has hit Lexington since the 80s.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Glen Campbell's, Lindsey Buckinham's careers often coincided but never converged

Published: November 9, 2012 , Kentucky.com (LexGo)

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/11/09/2...#storylink=cpy

Careers often coincided but didn't converge

By Walter Tunis — Contributing Music Critic

In what other world would you imagine viewing Glen Campbell and Lindsey Buckingham side by side? In what other pop universe, would you even consider it? And yet, here they are — two veterans of pop eras past playing Lexington almost as neighbors.

This week, they perform at the Lexington Opera House on successive nights. The back-to-back bookings make a compare-and-contrast study between the two seem more unavoidable than unlikely.

In one corner we have Campbell, a country-pop stylist who has inhabited his hits of the '60s and '70s so fully that you almost can't help but consider their titles as aliases for his musical persona. No, he didn't write them. But for all practical purposes, Campbell is the Wichita Lineman. He is the Rhinestone Cowboy.

But on a very different artistic plane sits Buckingham, the guitarist/vocalist/ songsmith who in 1975 — roughly the time Campbell was riding high on the pop charts with a good-natured cover of Allen Toussaint's Southern Nights — helped catapult Fleetwood Mac from a neo-psychedelic blues alliance with revolving-door membership to one of the most bankable pop-rock forces on the planet. Listen to any of his underrated solo recordings, though, and the guy comes across like a mad scientist, a California hybrid of Brian Wilson and Captain Beefheart.

This week, one night after the other, both will play for you.

The 'Goodtime' guy

My first encounter with Campbell's music came in 1968. Gentle on My Mind, his hit version of John Hartford's breezy folk classic, had introduced Campbell to the world a year earlier. But when he became the Sunday night summer replacement for The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour, one of the favorite TV programs in our house, a more personal notice was taken.

Of course, everything snowballed for the singer about that time thanks not to television exposure — and a resulting variety series called The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour that ran for three years — but through a trio of landmark hits all written by Jimmy Webb.

By the Time I Get to Phoenix, Wichita Lineman and Galveston took Campbell to the top of the pop charts in 1967, 1968 and 1969. They were sublime hits in terms of composition, arrangement and the thoroughly amiable vocal delivery that made Campbell the new country-reared sound of middle-of-the-road pop.

There were hits and misses after that. Rhinestone Cowboy and Southern Nights triggered a commercial renaissance in the mid-'70s, only to be followed at the dawn of the '80s by a stormy, heavily publicized relationship with country star Tanya Tucker that made them fodder for the tabloids.

Today, Campbell, 76, is bowing out almost against his will. Diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease more than a year ago, he has released Ghost on the Canvas, an album of downcast songs by an array of unexpected contemporary pop and rock celebrities (among them, Billy Corgan, Chris Isaak and Paul Westerberg) and has sailed into what seems to be the final stages of his lengthy Goodbye Tour.

"Once a purveyor of highly successful country crossover hits that shone with slickness and confidence, he's in deteriorating form now, ragged even at his best," Jon Caramanica wrote in The New York Times' review of a concert by Campbell in January.

On Tuesday, we will see how the Rhinestone Cowboy fares at his final Kentucky roundup.

One man Mac

The last time Lindsey Buckingham played in Lexington was fall 1982. The pop warhorse he co-piloted, Fleetwood Mac, was in the midst of its third Rupp Arena concert in five years. To give you a sense of the time, Men at Work was the opening act.

You could sense the shift already. Where the appeal of Fleetwood Mac up to that point was divided more or less evenly between his songs and the music that Stevie Nicks and Christine McVie brought to the band, the '82 show clearly put Buckingham in the driver's seat. He turned the non-hit Not That Funny, a fractured bit of pop mayhem from 1979's Tusk, into a trio rampage with group founders Mick Fleetwood and John McVie that largely flew in the face of the band's sleek, radio-friendly image.

Fleetwood Mac still exists. In fact, a tour is in the works for next year. But the recent rush of solo albums Buckingham has released (five in six years) points to the kind of agitated pop craftsman he remains at heart. The 2006 album Under the Skin, the best of the solo records, boasts dizzying, finger-picking guitar joy rides (the opening Not Too Late) as well as luxurious contemplations (the Brazilian-flavored finale Juniper). The tunes also come dressed with vocals that sound alternately stressed, possessed and enchanted.

"His stamina kept the music's energy fresh and volatile," wrote Ben Ratliff in The New York Times of a performance that followed Under the Skin's release. "At times, he seemed to be nearing a state of hypnosis while booming away on voice and guitar."

Voice and guitar also define Buckingham's newest album, a digital-only concert recording titled One Man Show, which will be released Tuesday, and the solo acoustic performance he will give this week at the Opera House.

But if One Man Show is any indication, the latter will be anything but a polite, folky affair. At 63, Buckingham is a pop soul pursuing his muse with the most restless and reliable accompanist he could find: himself.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/11/09/2...#storylink=cpy