User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-20-2018, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Those folks drop to the forest floor frozen and all that (side note: I seriously watched those movies just because of Stevie, and kept waiting for some winter forest scene whether they both collapse... LOL). I only knew about the SnL connection. I didn't realize that was some kind of Joe Walsh reference somehow... not sure I want to know more there...

However, the lyric it most remind me of was the one from Love Is: "And her heart broke down - she cried - she fell to the floor." Do we know who that is about? Or is "fall to the floor" just a way Stevie dramatically expresses feeling overwhelming emotion?
She said when Edward leaves in the second movie and Bella is all sad and depressed reminded her of a time in her life when someone left and she was all sad and depressed and just from how she talked about it I'm pretty sure that was about Joe. Other than that she did say that the Edward character reminded her of how Lindsey was because he's all dark and twisty and gorgeous.
I've always heard that Love Is is about the same thing as the FWIW situation.
And I think it's just a certain melodramatic Stevie thing.
Old 06-20-2018, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
She talked about this fall to the floor memory already when she was discussing Moonlight and how the Twilight characters were just like Lindsey and her....that was the first thing I thought of as she's mentioned this scenario before

But there has been A LOT of affairs with married men so it could be one of many she is thinking about....?
When I read "fell to the floor" my first thought was Love Is.
Old 06-20-2018, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

However, the lyric it most reminds me of is the one from Love Is: "And her heart broke down - she cried - she fell to the floor." Do we know who that is about? Or is "fall to the floor" just a way Stevie dramatically expresses feeling overwhelming emotion?
I do think Loved Is has a lot of Joe Walsh in it. I would be surprised if he was the only one though because she usually writes of composites.
Old 06-20-2018, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really like this song and Leann is such a great singer. I forget how great she is because you don't hear her on the radio. It's all the "country rock" male singers. There are places where they sound so good together and then places where the vocals don't mesh well at all. So as a duet, it's a little up and down for me. But I'm so glad to have this. I'm glad she's doing something besides touring all the time.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 06-20-2018, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
It’s a good duet but Stevie is kept in a three-four note register the entire time. I wish there was one point in the song to feature her breaking out a little more.
Yeah, I think the song is nice but it's not something I will play often. At least on the Lana duet Stevie got her own verse. This is like a Bananarama song where the girls sing together for the entire song. lol
Old 06-20-2018, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yay! Another surprise! This is why I think we cannot completely rule out a new FM or solo album. We had no idea this was going to come out.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Old 06-21-2018, 11:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I always like Stevie's country songs, so it's no surprise I like this one. The weird thing is that usually when Stevie is even only slightly on a song, she's all I really hear. But in this song, I'm having a really hard time hearing her. I hear Rimes a lot more. I wonder why that is. Anyway, it's nice to have something new to listen to. Thanks for posting this.

Kevin
Old 06-22-2018, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Aaaagh, I’m not a Ginger fan so missed this live on his show,
Thanks for posting.
Old 06-22-2018, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I wish there was one point in the song to feature her breaking out a little more.
Breaking out in what? A coughing fit? She's not capable of any strenuous vocals nowadays due to age, her years as a smoker, years of poor technique corrected too late, and the damage to her nose from her coke habit.
Old 06-22-2018, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000 View Post
Breaking out in what? A coughing fit? She's not capable of any strenuous vocals nowadays due to age, her years as a smoker, years of poor technique corrected too late, and the damage to her nose from her coke habit.
When the poster posted that comment, I had the same reaction. She can barely croak out a song now. This song was produced so that her voice would do the least damage to the song as possible.
Old 06-24-2018, 01:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newzchspy View Post
Good point @watchchain I'm sure, that even now, she's had her share of men wanting to court her. Something is just plain OFF in her relationships. Can't pin it down, BUT you'd think that even in the last 20 years, since she's been 50, that she'd want to "settle down" with someone she could talk to, go out with and just be around. There's plenty of guys, many successful, around her age who would just love to sit down and have a nice dinner and just talk to. Again, somethings just off there. Is it them or is it her??
the line that always sticks out for me is when she was talking about a guy she was dating some years back, he was younger, he had a couple kids, she said he was a very nice guy but he was not famous or anything and she said they couldn't be seen out together-- not at the market, not at a show, nothing... why? "Because I'm Stevie Nicks". and......because he's just Joe Blow?
Old 06-24-2018, 02:58 PM

http://crystallineknowledge.tumblr.com/post/175211804648/stevie-and-leann-rimes-recording-borrowed-via
Old 06-24-2018, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Love that we have this clip, and thanks for sharing it, but it sure is hard to make Stevie out!

Old 06-24-2018, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Love that we have this clip, and thanks for sharing it, but it sure is hard to make Stevie out!
I can make out that same shoulder less top that she's worn for 20 yrs now. It's her.