The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-23-2004, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Arrow Stevie on an E! Special last night...

E! had a special on last night at midnight called "Starved: The High Price of Fame" where they talked about the weight issue in Hollywood and the various methods used to shed pounds. They talked about the top three diets in Hollywood (The Zone, Atkins, Macro-Biotic). When they got to the Atkins, they mentioned Stevie as a follower and showed a TISL-era videoclip of her wearing the Italian widow dress. Besides for the dress, she looked *fantastic* and I've never seen the clip before; it looked like it was some kind of movie premiere or awards show.

Old 02-23-2004, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Someone please have recorded so we get a pic!!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 02-23-2004, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Stevie on an E! Special last night...

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
E! had a special on last night at midnight called "Starved: The High Price of Fame" where they talked about the weight issue in Hollywood and the various methods used to shed pounds. They talked about the top three diets in Hollywood (The Zone, Atkins, Macro-Biotic). When they got to the Atkins, they mentioned Stevie as a follower and showed a TISL-era videoclip of her wearing the Italian widow dress. Besides for the dress, she looked *fantastic* and I've never seen the clip before; it looked like it was some kind of movie premiere or awards show.
Oy, she's wearing it out on the town.

- Jake
Old 02-23-2004, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Stevie on an E! Special last night...

Quote:
Originally posted by darklinensuit
Oy, she's wearing it out on the town.

- Jake

Like I said, she probably had just come from a Mob funeral.

I'm going to check out TV Guide online to see if it's going to air again.

Old 02-23-2004, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, I saw that a while ago. Stevie must have a lot of will power. I can't go three hours without carbs!

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 02-24-2004, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am on the Atkins diet and we do eat carbs so Stevie is fine. It is not a no carb diet it is a low carb diet and when you get to Mainteanance which I am sure Stevie is on you can add in whole grain bread, oatmeal, brown rice and the occasional potato. So dont worry she is still eating carbs and it most likely healthier now than ever. I would really like to see this special though and will have to when they replay it again.

Rock On!
Old 02-24-2004, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by kak125
I am on the Atkins diet and we do eat carbs so Stevie is fine. It is not a no carb diet it is a low carb diet and when you get to Mainteanance which I am sure Stevie is on you can add in whole grain bread, oatmeal, brown rice and the occasional potato. So dont worry she is still eating carbs and it most likely healthier now than ever. I would really like to see this special though and will have to when they replay it again.

Rock On!
Yeah, I was on Atkins, too. It's so expensive, though.

The first two weeks (ketosis) was pure torture. I dreamed of food, my friend. I licked my TV when pizza commercials aired. One time I ordered a burger, took a bite and spit it out just so I could taste it. I did it for about six months with very little carbs, but then worked in some. I still keep it at a minimum by buying everything labeled "low carb."

Old 02-24-2004, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That's "benign ketosis" to you buddy I did the Atkins thing - my doctor told me my kidneys were failing from lack of carbs. Now, I just eat half of whatever I am given and snack twice a day on raw vegtables and I am fine.

Old 02-24-2004, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hello again everyone. Yeah I buy some of the low carb stuff myself. That carb smart ice cream is really good but I have upped my carbs considerably because I workout all the time. I am still doing atkins but really enjoy being able to eat oatmeal all the time now for breakfast and totally love the low carb bread.

I have heard that some people have the kidney problems while on Atkins but I thought it had something to do with not drinking enough water. I remember reading that when you are on atkins you need to drink a ton of water which I always do anyway but I hope you are ok.
Old 02-24-2004, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hello again everyone. Yeah I buy some of the low carb stuff myself. That carb smart ice cream is really good but I have upped my carbs considerably because I workout all the time. I am still doing atkins but really enjoy being able to eat oatmeal all the time now for breakfast and totally love the low carb bread.

I have heard that some people have the kidney problems while on Atkins but I thought it had something to do with not drinking enough water. I remember reading that when you are on atkins you need to drink a ton of water which I always do anyway but I hope you are ok.
Thanks - I am fine. I am not dissing the diet. If it works for someone - bully for them. I just have found it easier to eat less and not cut anything out, wlthough even I still opt out of "bad" carbs like processed potatoe chips when possible. But, I will still eat a plain baked potatoe and I LOVE raw potatoes.

Old 02-24-2004, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The low-carb wraps from Subway are to die for. They rock.

Old 02-24-2004, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
That's "benign ketosis" to you buddy I did the Atkins thing - my doctor told me my kidneys were failing from lack of carbs. Now, I just eat half of whatever I am given and snack twice a day on raw vegtables and I am fine.
You have to drink LOTS of water, Jason. LOTS. At the height of my Atkins frenzy, I was drinking almost two gallons a day. The more water you drink while on the diet, the better you will benefit and the more weight you'll lose. I drink lots of water anyways, so it wasn't very hard for me to do.

Two things that you can't even touch while on Atkins is alcohol and soda. Those will kill you.

Old 02-24-2004, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
I LOVE raw potatoes.
Eww. You'll get worms.

Old 02-24-2004, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
You have to drink LOTS of water, Jason. LOTS. At the height of my Atkins frenzy, I was drinking almost two gallons a day. The more water you drink while on the diet, the better you will benefit and the more weight you'll lose. I drink lots of water anyways, so it wasn't very hard for me to do.

Two things that you can't even touch while on Atkins is alcohol and soda. Those will kill you.
I even quit boozing it up and reduced my beloved Diet Coke (no carbs) to one a day from like three a day. I even quit smoking. Let's just say I was hungry and having nicotine fits. I was not a pleasant person to be around Now, I only sometimes smoke when I have cocktails, which is not that often anymore as cocktails are just empty calories and if I have more than two, I cannot resist the carb/fat fest called MCDonald's at two in morning!!!!!! Getting old sucks!!!!!

Old 02-24-2004, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There's no way someone could PAY me to be on the attkins diet...I LOVE carbos!!! LOVE THEM!! hahaha..but it's cool...I work out a lot and keep a balanced healthy diet that includes all of the food groups

There's no way I'd ever be strong enough to do atkins...the thought makes me shudder haha...I love my carbs!