The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-16-2006, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller
But isn't he just doing his job? I mean, I'm sure it's not his fault that he has to work at 7:30 on a Saturday morning, I'm sure he'd rather not! Anyway, this same thing happened to me one time, I was f*cking pissed because some construction workers were hammering (yes, HAMMERING LOUDLY) on a house across the street at like 7:00 on a Saturday morning. I was tired and not very happy about it, but what can you do? I just put a pillow over my head and prayed a little pray that it would stop .

Well, then, his job needs to be scheduled either later on Saturday, or on a weekday like normal construction. Most places have weekend noise ordinances or something. Also, he could save the loud work for the afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretonbanquet
Cool story

I got woken up only this very day at 8am by my next-door neighbour mowing his damn lawn. At 8am. Who the hell does that? Mind you, it rained pretty soon after, so maybe he had a hotline to the Man Upstairs. Anyway, he pissed me off.

And my little van is in the midst of an engine failure, so I can't work and I can't afford to fix it
Oh, no! that is terrible! You have to get a loan from someone. I mean, if you need to work to fix the van, and you need the van to go to work...
People like my really anal grandma mow at 8 am. Does the man upstairs get arthritis before it rains or something???

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 05-16-2006, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretonbanquet
Mowing your lawn after dark is surely, surely a sign of creeping insanity

Nah, they're just so busy all day long trying "keep up with the Joneses" that they run out of time at the end of the day. Like, they'll be working all day, then take the kid to baseball practice, then run errands, then it's 9pm & they decide they must mow the lawn & weed-whack cuz the people across the street did, then it's 11pm & the kids are still up & nobody's eaten dinner so they go to McDonald's.

This happens litereally almost every day, and I am not exaggerating one bit. Well, they don't mow their lawn every day, but you get the gist of it.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Oh, no! that is terrible! You have to get a loan from someone. I mean, if you need to work to fix the van, and you need the van to go to work...
Yeah exactly - right now my van IS my work - I'm an independent delivery van guy. My degree really counts for a lot these days I'm taking the van to a garage tomorrow to see what the cost is going to be - then I'll decide whether the money I have to scrounge from someone will be spent on a new van or on fixing the old one

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
Nah, they're just so busy all day long trying "keep up with the Joneses" that they run out of time at the end of the day. Like, they'll be working all day, then take the kid to baseball practice, then run errands, then it's 9pm & they decide they must mow the lawn & weed-whack cuz the people across the street did, then it's 11pm & the kids are still up & nobody's eaten dinner so they go to McDonald's.

This happens litereally almost every day, and I am not exaggerating one bit. Well, they don't mow their lawn every day, but you get the gist of it.
That is hilarious. Completely tragic, and terribly irritating for the neighbours, but still perversely hilarious