User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-22-2013, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I keep expecting this to be a gag on us... Christine returning just seems too good to be true.
Same. I'm looking for the catch here..
Old 11-22-2013, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStevie View Post
ALL ABOARD!

Choo Choo.

Please Lindsey, compromise is a good thing. Let Christine rejoin, and let her use a tour bus whenever possible. I'd have the dates w/ Chris spread out over several months, than dates without her.

If they record an album, Chris can do her bit from England if she's good with technology.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder when this interview was done. Maybe Stevie went back to England after the Amsterdam show. But, hell yeah!!! I hope she comes back. I would like to see this line up one more time

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 11-22-2013, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess the clues were there- Christine looking just so happy and at ease in public recently; she can still nail it vocally; those cagey remarks about her new songs possibly being for a solo album; Mick talking about how her return "would be entertained" before they "knock it on the head".

She sounds as if she would tour as well as record- I can't believe that Lindsey would block her return after his (only) nine-year break. John's health willing, I believe this is really going to happen. That meteor that hit Russia last year- wasn't it really just a small asteroid, anyway?
Old 11-22-2013, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really doubt that Lindsey is against Christine rejoining the band. I mean, its impossible for him not to know how much the fans miss her, plus she was in the band before him, plus she wrote half of their hits, plus he left the band, and came back after 10 years. In case he really is, he gives the ahole a whole new meaning.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
A new Fleetwood Mac album is the last thing I want. Unless Christine is part of it!
I'm in complete agreement. Christine's presence is sorely lacking in the band dynamic. I really hope this comes to fruition. And I really, really hope egos and "business things" don't get in the way.

Meanwhile, I'm also thrilled to hear her speaking so optimistically regarding John's health and prognosis.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes !!!! I hope they do a new CD first and then tour as they could really milk the new CD and then the tour. Tickets will hopefully not be as expensive as Eagles or Stones Ticket prices. I presume they would all welcome her back. I just hope they do it soon as they are all getting on in age.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really hope the 5 can get back together for another LP and Tour. If it is all true and she does rejoin it would make a very happy 2014 for me. First of all though I hope John makes a speedy recovery.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
It really does not matter what Christine wants...It's what Stevie and Lindsey want and if they don't want her back then it's not going to happen...Right now "Buckingham/Nicks" IS Fleetwood Mac are they going to give that up?
In a heartbeat.

Lindsey has said he would love her to come back. The article's mention of his discomfort with her return is out of context. That relates purely to the London shows, not to a full-time return.

And I don't know of too many fans who would prefer her not to be there.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 11-22-2013 at 06:17 PM..
Old 11-22-2013, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The last thing Lindsey actually said was that he would be shocked if she wanted anything to do with FMac again. "Shocked and pleased.
Precisely.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
Exciting news!! Its great to hear what Christine has to say about her recent appearance with the band, and possibilities of the future. And more positive news about John.
Yes, I'm thrilled it was a good experience for her. I don't think The Dance was and it sounds like she was really happy those two nights. It felt like old times to me and from her side of the stage it did as well. It makes me feel really good.

Also, there's no point in her joining if they aren't going to do an album, so I think when she spoke she had that in mind and that ... even though she indicates that nothing is in the works yet, I think they HAVE all discussed this. Maybe not all 5 of them together, but I think they have discussed it in pairings among them. I don't think she was just expressing hopes. I suspect there are tentative plans. I feel confident about an album and I am "so excited."

Michele
Old 11-22-2013, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The last thing Lindsey actually said was that he would be shocked if she wanted anything to do with FMac again. "Shocked and pleased.
You're making me moan here and it's unseemly, given my surroundings. Tantalized.

Michele
Old 11-22-2013, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
You're making me moan here and it's unseemly, given my surroundings. Tantalized.

Michele
Moan Songbird!!
Old 11-22-2013, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, I'm thrilled it was a good experience for her. I don't think The Dance was and it sounds like she was really happy those two nights. It felt like old times to me and from her side of the stage it did as well. It makes me feel really good.

Also, there's no point in her joining if they aren't going to do an album, so I think when she spoke she had that in mind and that ... even though she indicates that nothing is in the works yet, I think they HAVE all discussed this. Maybe not all 5 of them together, but I think they have discussed it in pairings among them. I don't think she was just expressing hopes. I suspect there are tentative plans. I feel confident about an album and I am "so excited."

Michele
Yes, her songs which Ken Bruce asked her about may in fact be tracks on a potential FM album. Maybe she was cagey about it when asked because she had spoken to Mick or Stevie and knew it was a possibility.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is the happiest news I've ever read today. I'm not hopping on the "Lindsey is a dick" train this time because she wants to join full time.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie