Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-20-2017, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I am not one who wishes they'd never perform again as Fleetwood Mac and only do their own thing. There's nothing like the power of the full band, going into The Chain... hearing fantastic song after fantastic song. I enjoy the other shows, but after Fleetwood Mac... well, songs like "Little Lies" and "Gold Dust Woman" in those solo shows just don't cut it. Plus, all those amazing songs we'd never hear again if Fleetwood Mac called it quits...

No, the best of both worlds is what I like, what we're getting now - their solo stuff for a while, then the Mac for a while. If this is the Mac's last go-'round, I'll understand, but I'll miss it terribly. I'll treasure those solo shows, but I'll always miss the Mac.

Perhaps the length of the tours would be better if shorter, so they could have a better attitude about it.

Last edited by sodascouts; 07-20-2017 at 11:03 AM..
Old 07-20-2017, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I don't think so. I personally think they can't stand each other.

What was it in Mick's book, during the fight when Lindsey was leaving the band? 'Get this crazy bi*ch out of my face', or something very close to that?

Yeah, you're right...they get along just fine.
I agree that they don't seem to be lovey-dovey nowadays but seriously.... that gem is 30 years old! The fact that you have to go back that far for a truly venomous quote is actually circumstantial evidence their relationship has improved.

Oops.

Old 07-20-2017, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I agree that they don't seem to be lovey-dovey nowadays but seriously.... that gem is 30 years old! The fact that you have to go back that far for a truly venomous quote is actually circumstantial evidence their relationship has improved.

Oops.
They play nice now for the paycheck. And they're too old to fight. So there.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:47 AM

In my opinion, I just don't care about their relationship. That bond is old and tired.

I do care about BuckVie having a trust and a kindred spirit kind of relationship. It shows on this new album. I believe that if they did another album from scratch, it would only get better and better.

As for the full band, I thought they sounded great.. and that was just youtube..
I saw Stevie being very playful w/ Christine.. I think these two are bff's. That's nice, too.

I hope they switch the set list up for the 2018 tour. It would do them and the fans some good.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
WHEN do you think was the last time Stevie and Lindsey went out to dinner, just the two of them? 1974?
I read somewhere that during last tour in England, someone saw them having dinner, but they guy knew nothing about FM, so he couldn't remember if it was the whole band or just the two of them

I love when they start fighting in Destiny Rules, and Lindsey says: "JESUS CHRIST!". That's who they really are.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think so. I personally think they can't stand each other.

What was it in Mick's book, during the fight when Lindsey was leaving the band? 'Get this crazy bi*ch out of my face', or something very close to that?

Yeah, you're right...they get along just fine.
Well, I wouldn't put much into what Mick says. He know juicy drama sells more, and if I remember correctly, he said: "f*ck you all!" to everybody, not just Stevie.

To be a fly on the wall of Christine's house that day...
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 07-20-2017, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I read somewhere that during last tour in England, someone saw them having dinner, but they guy knew nothing about FM, so he couldn't remember if it was the whole band or just the two of them

I love when they start fighting in Destiny Rules, and Lindsey says: "JESUS CHRIST!". That's who they really are.
That was an authentic moment. It spoke volumes.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
That was an authentic moment. It spoke volumes.
It's clearly very difficult for them to maintain a healthy, adult relationship, and it must be frustrating. I'm sure it got better with time (I'd like to believe they're not still fighting like they used to. Although with these two you will never know).

I think profesionally the gap got wider with time, and Lindsey's current association with Christine probably made the personal gap wider too.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:12 PM

Quote:
It's clearly very difficult for them to maintain a healthy, adult relationship, and it must be frustrating. I'm sure it got better with time (I'd like to believe they're not still fighting like they used to. Although with these two you will never know).

I think profesionally the gap got wider with time, and Lindsey's current association with Christine probably made the personal gap wider too.
I'd have to agree. Stevie HAS to be the boss. And she doesn't want Lindsey telling her what to do professionally. Christine is happy to collaborate, co-write and have a producer.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 07-20-2017 at 01:22 PM..
Old 07-20-2017, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'd have to agree. Stevie HAS to be the boss. And she doesn't want Lindsey telling her what to do professionally. Christine is happy to collaborate, co-write and have a producer.
THIS is it, of course. Old Mama has most of the power now, and she's NOT gonna let him tell her what to do. She really should just Go Her Own Way now, since she doesn't want to be a team player.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'd have to agree. Stevie HAS to be the boss. And she doesn't want Lindsey telling her what to do professionally. Christine is happy to collaborate and have a producer.
It's unbelievable, you know? If I were Stevie, I'd be happy to have someone guiding me (even if it's someone with Lindsey's personality )

And if I were Christine, I'd probably make my opinion heard more often. I'm not saying Christine is soft, but sometimes I see her deal with Stevie and Lindsey (together or individually) and I feel truly sorry for her.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
THIS is it, of course. Old Mama has most of the power now, and she's NOT gonna let him tell her what to do. She really should just Go Her Own Way now, since she doesn't want to be a team player.
Papa Lindsey was a visionary. He wanted to kick her ass since 1977.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:43 PM

Quote:
It's unbelievable, you know? If I were Stevie, I'd be happy to have someone guiding me (even if it's someone with Lindsey's personality )

And if I were Christine, I'd probably make my opinion heard more often. I'm not saying Christine is soft, but sometimes I see her deal with Stevie and Lindsey (together or individually) and I feel truly sorry for her.
I kind of feel like Christine needed someone to guide her back in after her long vacation and rehab stint etc.

In the old days, she did what she wanted. She fought Lindsey on a lot.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How much fight could you have left at 74?

I think she's just enjoying doing what she's doing, and is HAPPY that Lindsey is the leader.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I kind of feel like Christine needed someone to guide her back in after her long vacation and rehab stint etc.

In the old days, she did what she wanted. She fought Lindsey on a lot.
But ultimately she valued/values his opinion.

I also think Lindsey's way of communicating his ideas/knowledge is entirely different when he's talking with Christine than when he's talking with Stevie. Let's face it: Stevie wants to be the boss but Lindsey isn't exactly the most understanding and patient person in the world.