The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-02-2004, 01:05 PM
joe

Default Oddest Baby Name Ever--Or New Trend?

Oddest Baby Name Ever--Or New Trend?

The baby's name is Jon Blake Cusack 2.0. Not Junior. Not the II. It's Version 2.0. Parents Jon Blake Cusack and his wife, Jamie, wanted to name their son something different. They did just that. Daddy, a self-described "engineering geek," talked his wife into the unusual name that mimics the naming process for new versions of software, reports The Associated Press.

"I wanted to find something different to name him besides Jon Blake," Cusack, who is self-employed with Westshore Design and Cusack Music, told The Holland Sentinel. Version 2.0 was born on January 27 in Holland, Michigan. Baby and mother are doing just fine.

Daddy Cusack admitted that talking his wife into the name took several months, and Mommy Cusack didn't concede until a week before Baby Cusack was born. She told The Sentinel that since she had picked out the theme of the baby's room and done other things, "I decided to let Jon have this." Naturally, the birth announcement to friends and family was sent electronically.
Old 02-02-2004, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Weird baby names are the thing now. One cousin of mine just named her baby Paisley--hell, I don't even like Paisley prints! Another named her son Price. The poor children.
Old 02-03-2004, 02:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here is one for you.

A friend of my brother works in a pediatric ward in the local hospital. A women came in and gave birth to a little girl. when the nurses came in to get the info for the birth certificate they asked for the babbie's name. The women said she couldn't think of a name, but found the perfect name on her chart. She pronounced it Go-noria. The word on her chart was Gonorrhea.

*sigh*

Watching the drama of the Ledge since 2001.
Old 02-03-2004, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by seeker007nmss
Here is one for you.

A friend of my brother works in a pediatric ward in the local hospital. A women came in and gave birth to a little girl. when the nurses came in to get the info for the birth certificate they asked for the babbie's name. The women said she couldn't think of a name, but found the perfect name on her chart. She pronounced it Go-noria. The word on her chart was Gonorrhea.

*sigh*

Poor kid
Old 02-05-2004, 12:01 AM
Ledgie

I just got back from dinner and we were talking about this very thing... I work in a infant class at a kindercare where the yuppies bring there kids and mine all have odd names like Daphne, Oliver, Carver and Huxley.

But the funny name i have is a girl i went to school with who is named Rainbow Trout. She has a sister named lindsey... I always wonder how ripped her parents were when they were deciding on her name.
Old 02-05-2004, 12:22 AM
Senior Ledgie

my avant-garde friend has two children, but they have no names. instead, he "described" (his word) them with colors. when he wants to beckon one of them, he holds up one of his two colored flags. his girl child is "mauve" and his boy child is "cornflower blue". he has one mauve and one cornflower blue flag. on the birth certificates, the name fields are filled in with the appropriate color rendered in a streak of oil paint.

Last edited by misterbug; 02-05-2004 at 12:34 AM..
Old 02-05-2004, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by misterbug
my avant-garde friend has two children, but they have no names. instead, he "described" (his word) them with colors. when he wants to beckon one of them, he holds up one of his two colored flags. his girl child is "mauve" and his boy child is "cornflower blue". he has one mauve and one cornflower blue flag. on the birth certificates, the name fields are filled in with the appropriate color rendered in a streak of oil paint.
No offense, but that's pretty stupid, and it kinda pisses me off. Talk about setting these poor children up to get their asses kicked on a regular basis in school.

And I thought I was being crazy when I named my daughter NoThaFunny (3:08) ...
Old 02-05-2004, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
No offense, but that's pretty stupid, and it kinda pisses me off. Talk about setting these poor children up to get their asses kicked on a regular basis in school.

And I thought I was being crazy when I named my daughter NoThaFunny (3:08) ...
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-05-2004, 01:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Talk about setting these poor children up to get their asses kicked on a regular basis in school.
except they are being home-schooled (surprise, surprise)
Old 02-05-2004, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by misterbug
except they are being home-schooled (surprise, surprise)
It all makes sense now.
Old 02-06-2004, 09:49 AM
joe

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca

you're not kidding....i'm not laughing at the prospect of the kids' ass's being kicked....but it's the truth of it all...i think parents are really selfish when they do stuff like that.

but, on the other hand, if i ever have a daughter i'm going to name her "sara (edit)".....or, wait, how about "edge of seventeen (previously unreleased live version)".
Old 02-06-2004, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

LOL to all of this!

I work with a girl who's sister's name is turquoise. YUCK.
Old 02-06-2004, 01:29 PM

Joe, I think you should go with something like, "Lindsey's Song #1(Take 23)."
Old 02-06-2004, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This whole freak name business bugs in the extreme. At a certain point I wonder why people don't just get neon signs installed on their foreheads saying "Different, and therefore SPECIAL." Especially those who change their own names as they become adults.
But, the corker is the two names (and there is a third that escapes me) that a friend of mine witnessed in Alabama on a trip. One was a sales girl at (get THIS) a drugstore. Her name was Modess. There was another girl in the same mini mall named Benadryl (pronounced beNAYdrill). Where, you may wonder, was the famous cousin Arrid Extra Dry ? There's another one, and when my rattled brain recalls it, I will post it.
Old 02-06-2004, 07:24 PM
Senior Ledgie

I actually saw a wedding announcement this week and the girl's name is Blueberry.