Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-02-2004, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

One of the talk radio stations out here is having a debate if Janet's boobs are real or fake.

Now what does everyone think?
Old 02-02-2004, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok - now I am gonna ask as stupid question . . . but do people wear "clamps" like that under clothes all the time? It just seems pretty ornate to be wearing if you aren't planning on showing it off . . .

Well, someday when we're older
And my hair is silver gray
Unbraid with all of the love that you have
Like a soft, silver chain . . .
Old 02-02-2004, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad4stevie
Ok - now I am gonna ask as stupid question . . . but do people wear "clamps" like that under clothes all the time? It just seems pretty ornate to be wearing if you aren't planning on showing it off . . .
My guess is this is like a piece of jewelry. She probably just wears a generic one normally.
Old 02-02-2004, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by WelshWitchPMD
One of the talk radio stations out here is having a debate if Janet's boobs are real or fake.

Now what does everyone think?
Tear shaped saline implants, I think. Probably through the armpit, or the abdomen, maybe underneath the boob itself. You can't see that part.
Old 02-02-2004, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
Tear shaped saline implants, I think. Probably through the armpit, or the abdomen, maybe underneath the boob itself. You can't see that part.
Yeah I am no expert on them but they look fake to me.
Old 02-02-2004, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
If you follow the sequence, as depicted in the link below, there's no way you can think it was an accident. (Warning, if you click on the link you are going to see a breast. If that offends you, do not click: )

http://www.dyn-apps.com/dev/janet.html

Even that editing and direction was choreographed. Fireworks, right after the implant shot - what a coincidence !
Old 02-02-2004, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sparky
Even that editing and direction was choreographed. Fireworks, right after the implant shot - what a coincidence !
I know. And then the lights go out.
Old 02-02-2004, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah - I only saw this on a replay - what happened after the boob shot? Was the performance over and what did Janet do?

Old 02-02-2004, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad4stevie
Yeah - I only saw this on a replay - what happened after the boob shot? Was the performance over and what did Janet do?
Little boy Timberlake was interviewed by Access Hollywood right afterwards and said the stunt was "hot."

I guess the surprise appearance that the Superbowl ads kept touting was Janet's right tit.

Old 02-02-2004, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
But the questionable content of the commercials is OK for kids? Grandpa beating up grandma to get to a bag of chips. That's OK? For that matter, the inherent violence in the game itself is OK?

I'm not knocking football or justifying Janet's stupid stunt. But I think we need a sense of perspective.
Normally I would have had some issues with some of the commercials that were aired--how about the one where the monkey was hitting on the girl--that's just too icky to contemplate--then out struts Kid Rock wearing an American flag as a poncho and I was having some issues but then along came J&J and the Boob show and that was pretty much the kicker for me. I know I'm turning 40 this year, but I have now become old enough to be shocked by this stuff. And yes, Johnny Stew, I vividly remember LiveAid and the Mick & Tina thing. But somehow, that was classy in comparison to this!
Old 02-02-2004, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh and another thing---anybody notice right as they were about to play after the half and they cut away from the field and didn't explain at what was going on and why they'd cut away from the field but you could see one of the coach's laughing? Well turns out that they had a male streaker! Now if we could see Janet's boob why couldn't we see Mr. Streaker? Women (and gay men of America) demand equal nudity! Again, double-standard-female nudity okay--male nudity NOT. Damn!
Old 02-02-2004, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
I think the problem here is that some idiots out there are going to think that it's okay to go around trying to rip girls tops off.
That thought crossed my mind too.

Commercials during the superbowl have become tackier and tackier. I actually didn't watch them, or the game itself, and didn't hear about this "incident" until watching the news!

But I can understand why people would be upset by this, even if they didn't cry "Oh, the humanity!" after viewing the horrific violence that is the Superbowl Pringles commercial.

In my opinion, it's inappropriate to bare a woman's breast on network TV, no matter what the context. This woman was being sexually objectified for the benefit of the overwhelmingly male audience and it offends me. And yes, it happens other places. Does that mean I have to accept it everywhere? I don't understand why people who feel the same way as I do are deemed hypocritical "prudes."

So, who is allowed to react negatively without being viewed as hypocritical? People who boycott sports where anyone might get hurt? People who never watch TV or movies because they're full of sex and violence? People who never get a laugh out of some slapstick? Good luck finding someone that pure. So should we all just give up objecting to anything because none of us are perfect enough to object to everything?

To me, the hypocrites are the ones who designed this stunt, then disavowed it when they saw people weren't eating it up. Why? Because they're only pretending to be prudes.

Old 02-02-2004, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sodascouts
That thought crossed my mind too.

Commercials during the superbowl have become tackier and tackier. I actually didn't watch them, or the game itself, and didn't hear about this "incident" until watching the news!

But I can understand why people would be upset by this, even if they didn't cry "Oh, the humanity!" after viewing the horrific violence that is the Superbowl Pringles commercial.

In my opinion, it's inappropriate to bare a woman's breast on network TV, no matter what the context. This woman was being sexually objectified for the benefit of the overwhelmingly male audience and it offends me. And yes, it happens other places. Does that mean I have to accept it everywhere? I don't understand why people who feel the same way as I do are deemed hypocritical "prudes."

So, who is allowed to react negatively without being viewed as hypocritical? People who boycott sports where anyone might get hurt? People who never watch TV or movies because they're full of sex and violence? People who never get a laugh out of some slapstick? Good luck finding someone that pure. So should we all just give up objecting to anything because none of us are perfect enough to object to everything?

To me, the hypocrites are the ones who designed this stunt, then disavowed it when they saw people weren't eating it up. Why? Because they're only pretending to be prudes.
Good points.

While I personally am not offended by a bare breast, I can say that I was shocked that this occurred on network TV. For me, it is more about the context of the show than anything. If I was a parent, I can't say that I would be overjoyed with the thought of my kids seeing this. No matter whether this kind of nudity is right or wrong, our society puts certain parameters on this kind of display. I can't imagine that anyone in the viewing audience would have expected this kind of "showing".

Old 02-02-2004, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by DeeGeMe
And yes, Johnny Stew, I vividly remember LiveAid and the Mick & Tina thing. But somehow, that was classy in comparison to this!
My point exactly.

I think the "legends" need to start giving some pointers to the current pop-stars.
Old 02-02-2004, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
My point exactly.

I think the "legends" need to start giving some pointers to the current pop-stars.
Yeah - to think that Stevie was up in arms about the Britney/Madonna kiss!

I wonder what she is thinking of this fiasco?