User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-31-2004, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by darklinensuit
And before anybody bashes you for that, I'll add that I love Stevie though I've never actually met one.

- Jake
I love Lindsey. A rabid one jumped on me on 9/28/03. It was quite exciting
Old 01-31-2004, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by darklinensuit
BTW, I have to ask. What's with the panda hatred?
- Jake
Quote:
Originally posted by DrummerDeanna
LOL...I was wondering that myself, I've never known soemone to hate Pandas...I love pandas,though I've never actually met one
a picture worths a thousand words:

pandas supporting child labour:

pandas causing worldwide terror:

descendants of the devil-

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
Old 01-31-2004, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

and there's even more!

a mad panda on the loose viciously attacks madonna-

THE NAKED TRUTH-

the pandas are actually FAR from extinction.
[IMG]http://lightning.prohosting.com/~yizhar/images/****ingpandas.gif[/IMG]
pandas can be great for the circus tho,

and they are both yummy and nutritious! they're great for stews.

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
Old 01-31-2004, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by tommer
and there's even more!

a mad panda on the loose viciously attacks madonna-

THE NAKED TRUTH-

the pandas are actually FAR from extinction.
[IMG]http://lightning.prohosting.com/~yizhar/images/****ingpandas.gif[/IMG]
pandas can be great for the circus tho,

and they are both yummy and nutritious! they're great for stews.
None of your pictures are showing up!
Old 01-31-2004, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by DrummerDeanna
None of your pictures are showing up!
yeah, somehow it got f****d, you can see it all here you won't get anything from what is written, but still the pics could tell you most of the story.

(and still i think the whale died for a good cause)

Old 02-01-2004, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
it's not like i don't like animals (i hate only dogs and pandas really), but i don't think there's any difference between a whale to a chicken or the next cow to be eaten at mcdonald's and provide us all with cool leather jackets in the process.

i reckon that an animal who's death resulted so much amusement for so many people, didn't exactly die for no reason.
Which is why I've protested against KFC, McDonalds, and Wendys.

And don't even get me started on hunting.

Old 02-01-2004, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love the onlooker in the photo with his hand over his face as he stands idly in the blood and guts...it's like, get out of there!!
Old 02-01-2004, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
Which is why I've protested against KFC, McDonalds, and Wendys.

And don't even get me started on hunting.
If you eat any kind of meat (or fish for that matter), don't get me started on hunting We had a slaughterhouse on our land. Let me just say being killed unknowingly in the wild is FAR preferable and humane. If you do not believe me, go to a slaughterhouse one time.

Interestingly, I love the argument that plants have rights too I am serious. I had this crazy liberal friend in college who, along with other crazy people , used to go off about how we should not eat plants or animnals. I was like, well - talk to mother nature

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 02-01-2004 at 03:39 PM..
Old 02-01-2004, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
If you eat any kind of meat (or fish for that matter), don't get me started on hunting We had a slaughterhouse on our land. Let me just say being killed unknowingly in the wild is FAR preferable and humane. If you do not believe me, go to a slaughterhouse one time.

Interestingly, I love the argument that plants have rights too I am serious. I had this crazy liberal friend in college who, along with other crazy people , used to go off about how we should not eat plants or animnals. I was like, well - talk to mother nature
I've stopped eating meat and I think hunting is absolutely despicable. It serves no purpose and, I'm sorry, being killed unknowingly and out of the blue isn't humane; anyone who hunts is not humane, for that matter. Slaughterhouses? I get sick to my stomach when I even see the word; it brings me to tears.

As for plants? What in the hell did your friend eat?!

Old 02-01-2004, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've stopped eating meat and I think hunting is absolutely despicable. It serves no purpose and, I'm sorry, being killed unknowingly and out of the blue isn't humane; anyone who hunts is not humane, for that matter. Slaughterhouses? I get sick to my stomach when I even see the word; it brings me to tears.

As for plants? What in the hell did your friend eat?!
I never really got that out of my friend. They would eat this powder stuff with water.

As for animals, including fish, as a food source - I agree, it is horrifying. It sort of taps into that whole Darwinian thing of the strongest survive, etc. I mean human teeth were designed to eat meat or at least they became that way over time. Plus, a meat eating animal is not unnatural as many exist, etc. Yet, humans have brains and can feel remorse, etc. So, it seems like they should realize that plants do not, we assume, feel being cut down like an animal fees being stuck and then bleeding to death (again hunting is far more humane in my book) or fish having their guts ripped out while alive or being boiled to death while alive. Yet, we as a whole still eat meat and fish without remorse.

I had this silly dream once where I was forced to eat one of my dogs because I had no food. It was just horrifying but in the dream I had to do it to survive.

Yet, I still eat meat - so go figure.

As for hunting and fishing, these are not necessary in our society as game is grown in usually horrible conditions and then slaughtered. My problem with non-hunted meat or fish is the animals clearly know what is going on and usually watch until it is their turn. That is why I say hunting is more humane. At least that way, the animal has a few good years in its natural habitat and then a few moments of unexpected pain. But, I agree, all animal killing is horrible. Yet - I eat meat, fish, etc. Also, I just can't stomach a world where you are forced to buy everything from the store and are prohibited from catching your own prey in the wild. That is too big brother for me and smacks of "soylant green"

Last edited by strandinthewind; 02-01-2004 at 04:12 PM..
Old 02-01-2004, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

but still there IS a question to be asked here,
if animals were not meant to be eaten, then why are they made of meat???

Old 02-01-2004, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
but still there IS a question to be asked here,
if animals were not meant to be eaten, then why are they made of meat???
I think animals, including us by bacteria, are meant to be eaten in the food chain. But, I think our minds give us the choice to eat them. We certainly can exist on plants alone. So, I do not begrudge anyone for eating meat. I just struggle with it.

Old 02-01-2004, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Also, I just can't stomach a world where you are forced to buy everything from the store and are prohibited from catching your own prey in the wild. That is too big brother for me and smacks of "soylant green"
That's a tad far-fetched for me to swallow, doll.

People do not *need* to hunt and ruthlessly kill innocent animals, they just don't have to, it isn't a necessity. If it's available to buy at the store, but it, don't go out and kill just to kill.

I'm sorry, but any harm inflicted on an animal is detestable. As with KFC, the things they do to their chickens is heartbreaking. They torture the poor things and it isn't right. I think we can all turn a blind eye to it and spout off about the food chain, but the fact is that their are alternatives these days and it is no longer necessary to cause such destruction and pain towards animals.

Old 02-01-2004, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think animals, including us by bacteria, are meant to be eaten in the food chain. But, I think our minds give us the choice to eat them. We certainly can exist on plants alone. So, I do not begrudge anyone for eating meat. I just struggle with it.

Old 02-01-2004, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
People do not *need* to hunt and ruthlessly kill innocent animals, they just don't have to, it isn't a necessity. If it's available to buy at the store, but it, don't go out and kill just to kill.
I agree the govt. is not yet using dead people as the food supply

But, there are more sides to the problem of not wanting to buy store bought food and then being forced into it. Unlike the meat from a deer I shoot in the woods, almost all of the meat bought at the store contains some kind of horrible thing that was fed to the animal to ward off disease, make the meat better for cooking, develop faster, etc. Those things do not exist for the most part in the wild. A good non-meat example is vegatables and fruits. A home grown tomatoe tastes like a tomatoe ought to taste when compared to the far less tasty and bland store bought ones. Why? I think it is because of all of the chemicals fed to the tomatoe plant and then put on the tomatoe after to preserve it long enough to reach the market and then sell.

So, in sum, I think hunting for non-food, wall mounting, trophy game (lions, bears, big fish, etc.) is sick. But, I do not begrudge anyone for hunting game they are going to eat. I think it is the same as buying it in a pretty package at the store (after it has been genetically mutated and then slaughtered) and probably is a whole lot better for you without the unhealthy additives that the store bought meat most certainly will have. Note: I come from an area, S.W. Louisiana, where hunting for food (deer, fish, duck, etc. ) is common. So, I guess I have a different perpsective than most, esp. city dwellers that do not have the choice of hunting. Also, some people live in remotre rural areas (like the TN mountains) and literally live off of their land. They should not IMO be forced to go to Kroger to buy lesser quality food than they can hunt or fish for on their land or grow on their land.

Last edited by strandinthewind; 02-01-2004 at 05:22 PM..