Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
I think this thread belongs in RUMOURS.
Old 01-29-2004, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by jwd

And to think that the President of the U.S would send in American soldiers, risking their lives, for a personal vendetta is just incredulous to me. I'm sorry, I just cannot buy that one. You'll never convince me that a president of this country, whether he's Republican, Democrat, liberal or conservative would be THAT cold hearted.
Joe
Then how do you explain this?

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp.../iraq_usa_dc_1

Bush Seeks to Deflect Calls for New Iraq Inquiry
Thu Jan 29, 9:52 AM ET Add Top Stories - Reuters to My Yahoo!

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Bush's national security advisor tried on Thursday to head off calls for an independent investigation into flawed intelligence about Iraq (news - web sites)'s weapons programs and said the United States may never learn the truth because of post-war looting.

The administration sought to put the blame for any intelligence gaps on looters and former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein (news - web sites), whom National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice (news - web sites) said was so secretive that "he allowed the world to continue to wonder" what weapons he still had.

Critics say the administration did little to secure sensitive sites after the invasion, undercutting efforts to find the alleged weapons at the center of Bush's case for going to war.

David Kay, who had led the U.S. team hunting for Iraq's weapons, told Congress on Wednesday he would support an independent investigation into the intelligence used by the White House to justify going to war.

He said it was highly unlikely Iraq had large stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction, as stated repeatedly by Bush and his top aides in advance of the war.

The White House brushed aside calls for an independent investigation.

Rice told NBC that the intelligence community had already launched its own investigation -- "a kind of audit of what was known going in and what was found when they got there."

A CIA (news - web sites) official said that investigation, headed by Richard Kerr, a former CIA deputy director, was under way.

Rice said Kay had raised "some questions that we will want to answer."

But the world "will never know fully" the extent of Iraq's weapons programs because documents and evidence were lost during the looting that took place when Saddam's regime collapsed, she said in an interview on ABC's morning news program.

Rice said the administration wants to get all the facts to compare what the White House thought would be found in Iraq and what was actually found.

"Nobody will want to know better and more about what we found when we got to Iraq than this president and the administration," she said.

Whatever the outcome, Rice said the administration would not change its position that Saddam had to go.

"The judgment is going to be the same: This is a dangerous man in a dangerous part of the world and it was time to do something about this threat," she said.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
CarneVaca:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by jwd
As much as liberal America hates W., it's got me thinking, he has to be doing something right.

Joe
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name it, funny guy.

I believe he's strong on national defense, he supports cutting taxes, and he signed into law the ban on partial birth abortions to name a few.
No joke.

Joe

Last edited by jwd; 01-29-2004 at 09:35 PM..
Old 01-29-2004, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
He lost him. OBL was trapped in a cave and they let him escape.

And Daddy Bush was having breakfast with the Bin Laden's the morning of 9/11.
Now Now let's not spin

We assume he was in the Tora Bora caves. No one can actually prove that.

And, OBL's family has had nothing to do with him for years and vice versa.

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 01-29-2004 at 09:14 PM..
Old 01-29-2004, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
And I remember Kay saying that Saddam was taking steps to comply with the resolutions. Then ChimpCo pounced on him.
Do you honestly belive this after 11 years of other false promises

Old 01-29-2004, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
dissention:

As for John Kerry, get your facts straight. His personal belief is that he isn't for gay marriages, but he's clarified that as his personal belief.
My words: "John Kerry does not believe in gay mariage".

Joe
Old 01-29-2004, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by jwd
[B

I believe he's strong on national defense, he supports cutting taxes, and he signed into law the ban on partial birth abortions to name a few.
No joke.

Joe [/B]
Bad, bad and none of his God damn business.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
dissention:

The thing that mystifies me about your position is that you don't seem to believe that ChimpCo should be held accountable for the faulty intel (if that's what it was and not complete fabrication like the African uranium joke). It is THEIR JOB to dig around and make abolutely sure that the intel was good. Instead, the supposedly just took it at face value. That makes the alarms go crazy because it shows they didn't do their job.
If you read the article from CNN that I posted previously in this thread, I'm not the only one who believes the intelligence was the major blame, as it has been for many years apparently. Personally I would like to find out what went wrong, what's been going wrong, and I think there should be a full investigation in to it. Quite frankly, I think it's real scary.

Joe
Old 01-29-2004, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
strandinthewind:

the govt. should not sanction marriage in any way, shape or form. Leave it to the churches!

Completely agree. I think the way to go is civil unions.

Joe
Old 01-29-2004, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
If two people love each other and they want to marry, why have legislation to prevent them from doing so on the basis of their sexuality?
But that is just my point. What if four people want to "marry?" By the same logic, its their choice Thus, I conclude the state should in no way comment on or sanction the effects of marriage and marriage should be a purely religious thing.

Old 01-29-2004, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by jwd
If you read the article from CNN that I posted previously in this thread, I'm not the only one who believes the intelligence was the major blame, as it has been for many years apparently. Personally I would like to find out what went wrong, what's been going wrong, and I think there should be a full investigation in to it. Quite frankly, I think it's real scary.

Joe
While we're at it, let's find out who leaked the name of Valerie Plame, where Bin Laden is and what Bush really knew before 9/11.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
But that is just my point. What if four people want to "marry?" By the same logic, its their choice Thus, I conclude the state should in no way comment on or sanction the effects of marriage and marriage should be a purely religious thing.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jwd
No joke.

Joe
I guess to you "strong on national defense" means losing a handful of Americans a day in a criminal war that he claimed was over eight months ago. As for cutting taxes, don't make me laugh. And as for the abortion issue, I won't even go there with you. You know something? I'll discuss abortion with the woman who's been in the situation, or might be. I'd rather empathize and lend an ear than pass judgment on her. And Dubya should stay the hell out of it too

At ease.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
CarneVaca:

I guess to you "strong on national defense" means losing a handful of Americans a day in a criminal war that he claimed was over eight months ago.
Strong national defense to me means not having been attacked again like we were on 9/11.

Last edited by jwd; 01-29-2004 at 10:28 PM..