Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-13-2004, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Which 'Law and Order' Are You?

Which one do you like the best?

-The original
-Special Victims Unit
-Criminal Intent

I think the original needs to retire; it sucks these days. Criminal Intent is good, but the few episodes I've seen are rather boring. I love SVU because most of them are unpredictable, the stories come from left field, and it has the best acting.

Old 02-13-2004, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Never seen any of them.

- Jake
Old 02-13-2004, 02:10 PM
Senior Ledgie

I only watch SVU. The courtroom scenes in the original really get boring after awhile and the crimes are more predictable. I just plain don't watch CI because I don't like a lot of the people in it.
Old 02-13-2004, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know if I AM one of these shows, but I have watched so many I may as well turn into one of the characters.
I am a big fan of the original, though some of the first few seasons with Paul Sorvino are a little cheesy. I think they shot it on tape, and the prints are not aging well. Either that, or they used cheap film. The show got much better after they got the annoying Jill Hennessey out and brought in Carey Lowell. Even better with the beautiful Angie Harmon. That woman is a knockout. And a terrific actress. Plus, Briscoe and Greene are a riot. I am a sucker for this show. I watch hour after hour of it.

CI is rendered useless by the twitching, squinting, head tilting, purse lipped over acting of Vincent D'Onofrio. He has to be one of the most mannered actors in the history of television. Love Kathryn Erbe - she was great on "Oz" too. But she can't compensate for that partner of hers. He ruins the show for me.

The big winner is SVU ! Always interesting, frequently surprising, and the best actors of all the shows. Mariska Hargitay is so unsung. She can break your heart with a glance. I think she is out of this world. Chris Meloni, another Oz veteran, is great as well. Doesn't hurt that he is sexy as all get out. Dann Florek has gotten so much beter since his L & O days, and the character has gotten much more interesting. Love Belzer's smirking Munch, and Ice-T is a nice counterpoint as Tutuola. The one supreme drag is the loss of Stephanie March this season. These shows go through ADA's with alarming speed. She was a riveting performer.
Tough as nails, and world class looks. She will be missed. I always enjoyed her performances - there was a lot of moral struggle she portrayed without a word.
Her replacement, I fear, was a casting mistake. Very weak actress. I don't think she'll last more than a season. She looks shockingly like Heather Mattarazzo from "Welcome To The Dollhouse." So much so that I can't help but call her Wienerdog.
A small weak spot in what is otherwise my favorite non-HBO show.
Old 02-13-2004, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sparky
The big winner is SVU ! Always interesting, frequently surprising, and the best actors of all the shows. Mariska Hargitay is so unsung. She can break your heart with a glance. I think she is out of this world. Chris Meloni, another Oz veteran, is great as well. Doesn't hurt that he is sexy as all get out. Dann Florek has gotten so much beter since his L & O days, and the character has gotten much more interesting. Love Belzer's smirking Munch, and Ice-T is a nice counterpoint as Tutuola. The one supreme drag is the loss of Stephanie March this season. These shows go through ADA's with alarming speed. She was a riveting performer.
Tough as nails, and world class looks. She will be missed. I always enjoyed her performances - there was a lot of moral struggle she portrayed without a word.
Her replacement, I fear, was a casting mistake. Very weak actress. I don't think she'll last more than a season. She looks shockingly like Heather Mattarazzo from "Welcome To The Dollhouse." So much so that I can't help but call her Wienerdog.
A small weak spot in what is otherwise my favorite non-HBO show.
Much and Fin crack me up.

In last weeks Parade from the Sunday paper, Stephanie March said she left because it was the first acting job she got out of college and that she got sick of playing a lawyer. Loved her, but she needs to eat a pork sandwich.

I went over my mom's house last week and we watched an episode together. Halfway through it, they showed Meloni at home, getting ready for bed with nothing but a damned pair of Speedo's on. She starts making these "whoo whoo" sounds and I just about jumped in my car and drove home.

The new DA was actually on an old episode! She was accused of raping some male stripper.

Old 02-13-2004, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I like them all and have since they all started. I think that Jane Mansfield's daughter is both beautiful and talented. I also think the guy in the CI one that looks like Vince Caughn is strange but good. I watch probably at least two episodes a day as the current state of television scares me a la AI3 and "who wants to watch my hemmorroid surgery"

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 02-13-2004, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Special Victims Unit!!! Without a doubt!!!

Although Vincent D'Onfrio (sp?) is SO good, SVU wins hands down-- I mean, come on! Richard Belzer, Mariska Hargitay, Chris Meloni, and Ice T?

Man, come on. Hands down. SVU is the best. I watched the one the other night with my brother (it was a repeat with the liquid cocaine in the baby formula cans) and we were amazed at Ice T's oneliners. He is just so good it's almost laughable.
Old 02-13-2004, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
I like them all and have since they all started. I think that Jane Mansfield's daughter is both beautiful and talented. I also think the guy in the CI one that looks like Vince Caughn is strange but good. I watch probably at least two episodes a day as the current state of television scares me a la AI3 and "who wants to watch my hemmorroid surgery"

Not me, that's for damn sure!!!!!!!!

Yeah, all of the L&O's are on for a combined 24 hours a day.

Old 02-13-2004, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Merf
Special Victims Unit!!! Without a doubt!!!

Although Vincent D'Onfrio (sp?) is SO good, SVU wins hands down-- I mean, come on! Richard Belzer, Mariska Hargitay, Chris Meloni, and Ice T?

Man, come on. Hands down. SVU is the best. I watched the one the other night with my brother (it was a repeat with the liquid cocaine in the baby formula cans) and we were amazed at Ice T's oneliners. He is just so good it's almost laughable.
Ice T is hilarious. All the scenes he has with Belzer are wonderful.

The new one that was on last week (the slave children from Africa) was heartbreaking. Anyone see that one? And the one that was on Tuesday night with Jane Seymour was just nasty.

Old 02-13-2004, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
I went over my mom's house last week and we watched an episode together. Halfway through it, they showed Meloni at home, getting ready for bed with nothing but a damned pair of Speedo's on. She starts making these "whoo whoo" sounds and I just about jumped in my car and drove home.

The new DA was actually on an old episode! She was accused of raping some male stripper.
I remember the one where Wienerdog was on trial with her friends for tagging the stripper. She was much better in that show than she is now....

No kidding on that underwear scene...I'm with your Mom. You ought to turn her onto "Oz". Tons of Meloni butt shots in the shower, not to mention all the rest of him
Old 02-13-2004, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sparky
I remember the one where Wienerdog was on trial with her friends for tagging the stripper. She was much better in that show than she is now....

No kidding on that underwear scene...I'm with your Mom. You ought to turn her onto "Oz". Tons of Meloni butt shots in the shower, not to mention all the rest of him
OMG!!! No wonder she has "Oz" on DVD!!!

Wienerdog! LMAO!

Old 02-13-2004, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart The Original

The Original all the way. Brisco and Green are fine detectives and I have a crush on Jack. Although I miss Adam so much. He was my favorite DA. L&O SUV is OK but I hate the child cases. And L&O Criminal is not my cup of tea. I don't care for the guy detective he thinks he's such a smarty pants. I also love CSI Las Vegas but have never watched CSI Miami.

"Everyone born in the month of February thinks they are right!" Quote from a lady at the table next to us at Don Pablo's!!

http://www.myspace.com/catherinetuliano
Old 02-13-2004, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
Ice T is hilarious. All the scenes he has with Belzer are wonderful.
Don't even get me started in Iced-T - how in the heck did he get on that show?

"Everyone born in the month of February thinks they are right!" Quote from a lady at the table next to us at Don Pablo's!!

http://www.myspace.com/catherinetuliano
Old 02-13-2004, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I liked the Original as well.

Shamus
Old 02-13-2004, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My favorite now is SVU. I'm tired of the regular L&O but I really used to like the second half of the show when they did the part in court. A lot of times they brought up good issues and made you think a little. I like watching reruns of SVU on USA when there is nothing else on TV.