Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:59 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default On With the Show Tour

Ok, so...I used to be a member here forever ago but can't remember my username or password.

Either way, I am a rabid Fleetwood Mac fan, ALWAYS go and see them whenever they come to Australia, and was bitterly disappointed when they cancelled late last year due to poor John and was then hugely excited when they rescheduled WITH Christine for a US tour right when I would actually BE in the US! (for the first time ever)

I booked my partner and I tickets to the October 6 show at Madison Square Garden, and then...my partner cannot get her US visa in time. SIGH. So we can't go and have to cancel our entire 5 week trip including the Fleetwood Mac show!

I'm waiting to see if the Ticketmaster people can help me out, but if not, is anyone interested in buying my two tickets!? I can verify. I am also not looking to make any sort of profit. The seats are not amazing, but at least they're something.

Anyone interested, let me know, and sorry if this is illegal on here! I don't want empty seats at a show I would've LOVED to have gone to!
Old 07-24-2014, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If i had the cash to buy you tickets and flights to the US to see F/Mac i would without hesitation... I also had great seats to see them in Brissy last year, pretty devastated to say the least ..

Actually all day today i have been sitting by the phone, trying to enter in a radio competition to win tickets to see them at Maddison Square Garden. Wish me luck everyone
Old 07-24-2014, 01:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by feetwood_hat View Post
Ok, so...I used to be a member here forever ago but can't remember my username or password.

Either way, I am a rabid Fleetwood Mac fan, ALWAYS go and see them whenever they come to Australia, and was bitterly disappointed when they cancelled late last year due to poor John and was then hugely excited when they rescheduled WITH Christine for a US tour right when I would actually BE in the US! (for the first time ever)

I booked my partner and I tickets to the October 6 show at Madison Square Garden, and then...my partner cannot get her US visa in time. SIGH. So we can't go and have to cancel our entire 5 week trip including the Fleetwood Mac show!

I'm waiting to see if the Ticketmaster people can help me out, but if not, is anyone interested in buying my two tickets!? I can verify. I am also not looking to make any sort of profit. The seats are not amazing, but at least they're something.

Anyone interested, let me know, and sorry if this is illegal on here! I don't want empty seats at a show I would've LOVED to have gone to!
So sorry your plans fell through. Can't you find another friend or someone else who has a visa? I don't think it's illegal or inappropriate to inquire about it here. I suggest you post the offer on Craig's List online, to reach a more centralized, New York market.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have often sold extra tickets on craigslist. If you aren't familiar with it, it's an online board which has everything, including tickets. You are not allowed to scalp, so make sure that the price you list is the amount that you actually paid. (you can include service charges). You may want to charge a little less than face value if the show isn't sold out and if you don't have really good seats. At least that way you would get most of your money back.

I'm really sorry you and your partner can't go.

If you need any help figuring out craigslist, let me know and I"ll be glad to help.

Kevin
Old 07-24-2014, 09:11 AM
Senior Ledgie

Where are the seats!? I wasn't able to buy any - I got shut out - and would definitely be interested. I live in NYC and need to buy them for my myself and my mom! DM me if you need!
Old 07-25-2014, 01:30 AM
Junior Ledgie

Thanks so much for these posts!

I might try Craigslist if nothing else eventuates, and no, none of my friends or family can afford to go with me on a 5 week trip, nor can they take that much time off work, or they don't WANT to be stuck with me for that long. lol
Old 07-25-2014, 05:16 AM
Junior Ledgie

Actually, craigslist is out. It won't let my listing go live as I don't have a US phone number.

Because I'm in Australia, it wants me to post in Australia. Which is virtually pointless as the tickets are for a US event!!!
Old 07-30-2014, 10:57 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default pre-concert meet ups

I'm a casual fan who is new to this board and a novice on FM history. On past tours have there been posts on traveling fans getting together for dinner before the show? I will be attending the Indianapolis show on 10/21 and would be interested in meeting up with some rabid fans before the concert to absorb all I can about the band. Also, if anyone is familiar with Indy and can suggest a nice place to meet or at least eat in the vicinity of the Bankers Life Fieldhouse I would appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 07-31-2014, 01:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Why do you need a US phone number? I've posted on CL many times without a phone number.
There are other on line ticket sites like stub hub. Can you try though them?
Kevin
Old 07-31-2014, 01:55 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacFan77 View Post
I'm a casual fan who is new to this board and a novice on FM history. On past tours have there been posts on traveling fans getting together for dinner before the show? I will be attending the Indianapolis show on 10/21 and would be interested in meeting up with some rabid fans before the concert to absorb all I can about the band. Also, if anyone is familiar with Indy and can suggest a nice place to meet or at least eat in the vicinity of the Bankers Life Fieldhouse I would appreciate it. Thanks!
Welcome this sounds like so much fun. I will be traveling to Phoenix,
And would love to meet fellow FM fans. My friends will finally realize I'm not the only one, who is this "crazy" about the band. Best of luck getting together with fellow Ledgies.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

NEWSDAY: CHRISTINE MCVIE TALKS FLEETWOOD MAC'S 'UNPRECEDENTED' RETURN AHEAD OF MADISON SQUARE GARDEN CONCERTS .
http://www.newsday.com/entertainment...erts-1.9458766

Oct 03 2014 15:37:16 By Glenn Gamboa Newsday

Oct. 03--Fleetwood Mac didn't think they would ever be at full strength again.

In 1998, when singer-keyboardist Christine McVie retired from touring, that seemed to be the end of an era -- the finale for Fleetwood Mac's "Rumours"-era lineup of Christine McVie, drummer Mick Fleetwood, bassist John McVie, guitarist Lindsey Buckingham and singer Stevie Nicks.

They had a legendary run, especially with "Rumours," which remains the ninth- biggest-selling album in history after 19 million copies were sold in the United States alone. But part of the Mac's legend was also its contentiousness. After all, it was built on two couples that had broken up.

When McVie left the band, not out of contentiousness, but because she didn't feel she could continue physically or mentally, the band accepted it.

"It was multiple reasons why I thought, 'I've had enough. I wanna go home and live in the country and get a Range Rover and get the dogs, the Wellie boots and the scarf and cook for the YMCA' or whatever," McVie recently told CBS News. "And I sort of had this misguided idea that that was the life that I wanted, you know? And to some degree, I enjoyed it for a few years."

Nicks saw that her friend was happy in her new life, but always held out hope she would change her mind. When McVie sold her pianos because she thought she wouldn't need them, Nicks secretly bought them and kept them in storage. Just in case.

Nicks says Fleetwood Mac has always been about doing the best set it possibly can, but without McVie, all the classics she sang on became off-the-table.

"We are totally willing to try anything, and that's what we do," Nicks says. "You can kind of feel what works and what doesn't work. The unfortunate thing is, we haven't fared well in doing Chris' songs. We don't sound like Chris. I don't sound good singing lead on her songs. Lindsey doesn't sound good singing lead on her songs."

While Fleetwood Mac was working on moving on without her, McVie was working on moving on herself. She went for therapy to deal with her phobia of flying and eventually worked through it. Her first flight was to visit Fleetwood at his home in Maui.

McVie surprisingly joined the band for its London show at The O2 arena last year. "It was so comfortable being back onstage with them, as if no time had passed, and then we all started talking, and it feels like the time is right," she says. "I'm really happy."

And there were no doubts from the rest of Fleetwood Mac. "As far as we're concerned, she's never really left," the band said in a joint statement. "We are overjoyed to have Christine back on stage with us."

The band has already been in the studio this year, working on new music, though the fruits of their labor probably won't be heard until next year. However, the simple reunion of the Rock and Roll Hall of Famers seems to be enough of an event for everyone. Their new tour, which stops at Madison Square Garden tomorrow and Tuesday, will mark only the second time all five members of the band have toured together in the past 30 years.

The last time came after the brokered peace following their decision to play at President Bill Clinton's inaugural gala in 1993, a collaboration that brought Buckingham back into the fold for what eventually would become "The Dance" album and tour.

It's no wonder the band sees the new "On With the Show" tour as a cause for celebration and plans to enjoy it.

"This is sort of pretty unprecedented, really, that someone should leave such a high-status group as Fleetwood Mac and then return," McVie told CBS News. "If you're not gonna have fun then, you're never gonna have any fun. So I'm sure that the whole band is in agreement that we wanna have a really good time and celebrate our friendship and our lives together."

WHO Fleetwood Mac

WHEN -- WHERE 8 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, Madison Square Garden

INFO $49.50-$199.50; 800-745-3000, ticketmaster.com

---

KEEPING UP

Part of what keeps Fleetwood Mac strong 47 years after drummer Mick Fleetwood first teamed up with bassist John McVie is the way their individual projects feed into the band as a whole. Here's what The Mac's members have been up to recently:

MICK FLEETWOOD

MOST RECENT PROJECT His autobiography, "Play On: Now, Then and Fleetwood Mac," will be released Oct. 28, where Fleetwood tells the story of his career and his band.

ALSO WORKING ON His restaurant, Fleetwood's on Front Street, on the island of Maui, with specialties like cioppino and grilled shutome (swordfish).

STEVIE NICKS

MOST RECENT PROJECT Her new album, "24 Karat Gold: Songs From the Vault," will be released on Tuesday, featuring the single "The Dealer" and other previously unreleased songs.

ALSO WORKING ON The "24 Karat Gold" photo exhibit, featuring self-portrait Polaroids she has taken for decades while on tour, will open at the Morrison Hotel Gallery in Manhattan next Friday.

LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM

MOST RECENT PROJECT "One Man Show," his first solo acoustic live album, combining Fleetwood Mac classics with solo material such as "Trouble."

ALSO WORKING ON Songs for the new Fleetwood Mac album.

CHRISTINE McVIE

MOST RECENT PROJECT She put out a solo album "In the Meantime" in 2004 that she was proud of, but because of her fear of flying at the time could not promote.

JOHN McVIE

MOST RECENT PROJECT He's been focused on his health after being diagnosed last year with an unspecified cancer, resulting in the cancellation of the band's Australian tour last fall.

Old 10-09-2014, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Buck County Courier Times

http://www.buckscountycouriertimes.c...29d899a8f.html

Posted: Thursday, October 9, 2014 12:15 am

By MARTY FRANZEN Correspondent

Fleetwood Mac regroups for a world tour

Some artists tell you this is their final tour, but with others, you just never know.

This week, two shows are essential for music fans, a third is highly recommended and the fourth is an exciting pairing of former boy band rivals.

FLEETWOOD MAC

Back in 1998, Christine McVie, one of the three lead singers in Fleetwood Mac, quit the band and its possible tours.

She was tired, having been a group member since 1970. So that was it. The classic lineup of McVie, her ex-husband John McVie, Mick Fleetwood, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks would never appear together again.

Until now.

Earlier this year, Fleetwood Mac — which appears Saturday at the Prudential Center at 165 Mulberry St. in Newark and Wednesday at the Wells Fargo Center at 3601 S. Broad St. in Philadelphia — announced it had fully regrouped and had completed recording most of a new album. A world tour would be next, followed by the 2015 album release.

Since that announcement, more details have come forth. One significant detail is Christine McVie has written or co-written a majority of the disc’s songs so far.

That should keep her interested since, in her absence, there was talk of the original Mac lineup getting together, one that would have included Jeremy Spencer, Peter Green, Fleetwood, John McVie and Danny Kirwan. But that was just talk.

So far, the band isn’t debuting any new songs on tour, choosing instead to revive songs like “Little Lies,” “Everywhere” and “Seven Wonders” from the 1990 album “Tango in the Night.” Fans will get to hear many of their favorites, including “Landslide,” “Tusk,” “Gypsy,” “Dreams” and “Rhiannon.”

Show time at Prudential: 8 p.m. Tickets: $49.50 to $199.50. Information: 973-854-8760.

Show time at Wells Fargo: 8 p.m. Tickets: $49.50 to $179.50; Information: 800-298-4200.
Old 10-11-2014, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nashville Scene by Adam Gold, October 10, 2014

http://www.nashvillescene.com/nashvi...thers-nominate

In similar news: Yesterday Daltrey and Townshend’s fellow sexagenarian stadium gladiators Fleetwood Mac announced a Nashville date on their own 2015 Golden Years Revived Not Necessarily Relived Tour (unofficial title).

The Mac makes way to Bridgestone March 18, where they last played in 2009, during the arena’s Sommet Center days. It was, despite a solid-as-**** set list and Lindsey Buckingham’s awesomely uncomfortable guitargasm faces, a plodding, lackluster show that made The Spin feel, “like we were 15 again, bored and squirming in our seats.” But this time around, ringer singer Christine McVie is, following a 16-year furlough, back in the band. So maybe that’ll make all the difference. Tickets for that rock ’n’ roll celebration of social security cost $45-$175 and go on sale Oct. 27 at 10 a.m. here.

To be clear, there’s nothing wrong with still rocking into old age (case in point: Bruce Springsteen, who as of last month, is eligible for social security); but let’s put into perspective just how ****ing old these bands are.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Nashville Scene by Adam Gold, October 10, 2014

http://www.nashvillescene.com/nashvi...thers-nominate

In similar news: Yesterday Daltrey and Townshend’s fellow sexagenarian stadium gladiators Fleetwood Mac announced a Nashville date on their own 2015 Golden Years Revived Not Necessarily Relived Tour (unofficial title).

The Mac makes way to Bridgestone March 18, where they last played in 2009, during the arena’s Sommet Center days. It was, despite a solid-as-**** set list and Lindsey Buckingham’s awesomely uncomfortable guitargasm faces, a plodding, lackluster show that made The Spin feel, “like we were 15 again, bored and squirming in our seats.” But this time around, ringer singer Christine McVie is, following a 16-year furlough, back in the band. So maybe that’ll make all the difference. Tickets for that rock ’n’ roll celebration of social security cost $45-$175 and go on sale Oct. 27 at 10 a.m. here.

To be clear, there’s nothing wrong with still rocking into old age (case in point: Bruce Springsteen, who as of last month, is eligible for social security); but let’s put into perspective just how ****ing old these bands are.
Are government benefits only available to over-65s in the US? You don't have an unemployment benefit or a youth allowance payment?
Old 10-11-2014, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think this tour is going beyond June 2015.