Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-08-2020, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Talking Wild Heart tour stop Bristol, RI

OMG
We have read about the urban legend of the pineapple fight between Stevie and fans at this show. Sure enough, if you scroll to the last few seconds of this concert, Stevie stops mid-song and says "I hear you......OK, so please don't trash the stage." Then the tape cuts off.

Who was there? Is this when Stevie wanted to go down into the crowd and fight and throw pineapple back at them?

After ALL these years of reading these stories finally something on tape!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbh5LxwQ4j8

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-08-2020 at 01:45 PM..
Old 07-09-2020, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was the one who first reported about the pineapple all those years ago. Mind you, I was not at this show but a very good friend of mine was there and as she told it to me she said: A male fan was heckling Stevie and after a good amount of time she grabbed one of the stage props, a pineapple, and threw it at him. My friend was probably trashed drunk cause that was her m.o. at that time so maybe that's not what really happened but that is how she recanted the incident to me.
Old 07-10-2020, 03:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I was the one who first reported about the pineapple all those years ago. Mind you, I was not at this show but a very good friend of mine was there and as she told it to me she said: A male fan was heckling Stevie and after a good amount of time she grabbed one of the stage props, a pineapple, and threw it at him. My friend was probably trashed drunk cause that was her m.o. at that time so maybe that's not what really happened but that is how she recanted the incident to me.
That fits perfectly with this audio. You cant hear any heckling but Stevie says while taking a break from singing "I can hear you"
You put that in context perfectly

The crowd sounds fairly normal on the recording but Stevie keeps commenting during the show that she has never "heard" anything like this in the 10 years she has been performing.
So she is probably referring to the guy heckling. She also makes a joke about it and says its inspirational. She is sort of freaked out about this show because at the end of Edge, she jokes that she is going home to write a song. But I think the guy threw the pineapple back because Stevie tells the crowd to "please don't trash the stage"

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-10-2020 at 03:15 AM..