User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-11-2014, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Nothing on SA was as strong as Stevie ever recorded. Already the Dealer and Lady are better than anything on that album.
I agree. SA was by far Stevie's weakest album.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I am very pleased with her vocal on this song and pleased with the music also. YES!!!!
Hi Viv! I'm pleased to know you're pleased;I'm pleased too! It's a very pleasing time to be a Stevie fan. She must be pleased too, and that pleases me!

What pleases me more is that I was able to obtain much better seats for Fleetwood Mac's performance in Portland . 4th row center! Sheer luck!
Old 09-11-2014, 01:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
Well that is the general consensus, and Stevie will agree. I still enjoy it for what it is, despite it's low rank.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 09-11-2014 at 01:30 AM..
Old 09-11-2014, 05:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
OSOTM is, for me, her weakest album. I love me some SA.

Although 24KG is deffo coming across as the weakest, based on what we know so far. It's an album of songs that didn't fit anywhere that Stevie didn't have anything else to do with. It's also a complete rush job with poor vocals and dated production choices. A complete contrast to IYD.
Old 09-11-2014, 06:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWILDheart View Post

Although 24KG is deffo coming across as the weakest, based on what we know so far. It's an album of songs that didn't fit anywhere that Stevie didn't have anything else to do with. It's also a complete rush job with poor vocals and dated production choices. A complete contrast to IYD.
That's one way to look at it, But we haven't really heard enough to make a genuine assessment. I find it refreshing that she's taken a different approach.Who says albums have to be made the same way, all the time? Prolific artists always have loose ends; work that is left undone or things that never found a place. That doesn't reflect at all on the viability of the material.

The album will be a polarizing work between fans -- some will love it, some will not. Over time, opinions may change. That it what art is all about. It will spark a reaction. The thing an artist doesn't want is indifference. Contrast is good.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 09-11-2014 at 06:40 AM..
Old 09-11-2014, 07:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Hi Viv! I'm pleased to know you're pleased;I'm pleased too! It's a very pleasing time to be a Stevie fan. She must be pleased too, and that pleases me!

What pleases me more is that I was able to obtain much better seats for Fleetwood Mac's performance in Portland . 4th row center! Sheer luck!
That's great! Did you go through the secondary market? (Stubhub etc.) I'm still crossing my fingers that they will add a date/venue that is closer to me so I can go.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I find your perspective so interesting! From what I've heard so far, and based on the tracklist, I am beyond thrilled with how this album is shaping up, and think that it's on track to become one of her finest albums. The production choices actually sound fresh and crisp to me, with a great blend of musical styles. Her vocals are strong, and for the first time in a while, I'm really hearing the textures and nuances of her voice come through.

SA, on the other hand, is in a completely different league for me. For many years it was unlistenable. More recently I've grown to appreciate a handful of songs, but I still view it as a dull, sometimes painful album to hear.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If that's the case, I sorta hope that any songs she records from now on are "rush jobs with poor vocals and dated production choices." I think the two songs we have are easily better than most of her catalog since The Wild Heart, and generally on par with that record.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:12 PM
Senior Ledgie

How can you judge a whole album before it is released by the tiny song snippets we have heard? It seems like there is alot more industry talk and press about 24K than there was for IN YOUR DREAMS...I am looking forward to hearing each song in it's entirety...and the entire album!
Old 09-11-2014, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can we get back to the topic of this thread, which is the "Blue Water" snippet...and take discussions about judging the album as a whole to the 24KG thread? Thanks.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Love the vocal on this snippet but this is one where I really need to hear more..like the harmonies and hopefully some strings IMO this song needs some enhanced production .What worked for Lady may not necessarily work for Blue Water.

Old 09-11-2014, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've said that I was not going to listen to the clips but Blue Water was temping .

Nah.I wait until I get my copies.Thats if it does not get canceled.

I forgot.Which album Blue Water supposed too go on.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 09-11-2014, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I've said that I was not going to listen to the clips but Blue Water was temping .

Nah.I wait until I get my copies.Thats if it does not get canceled.

I forgot.Which album Blue Water supposed too go on.
I believe it was written in 1976/77, when Stevie vacationed in Hawaii during the recording of Rumours. Not sure whether it was ever officially considered for an album, which if it wasn't, that's a tragedy.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLight View Post
I believe it was written in 1976/77, when Stevie vacationed in Hawaii during the recording of Rumours. Not sure whether it was ever officially considered for an album, which if it wasn't, that's a tragedy.
OK .Thanks.It was just one for the demo box.I'm glad that she yanked it out of the box for 24K.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 09-11-2014, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Blue Water is a nice little song. I like it's straightforwardness. I hope they keep the harmonies.