The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: What do you think of the new "Lady" video?
It's amazing! Dave did a great job! 13 14.77%
Like it..the video is a fine 27 30.68%
Nice concept, but not well executed 35 39.77%
I'm just not feeling it 11 12.50%
A hack job.... 4 4.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-06-2014, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just realized the video is "unlisted" - meaning the video can't be seen by anyone who doesn't have the link...

That's weird?
Old 09-06-2014, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I just realized the video is "unlisted" - meaning the video can't be seen by anyone who doesn't have the link...

That's weird?
Weird - I guess that explains why I couldn't find it via a search.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post

That's weird?
I think it's just because the video is meant to be provided "exclusively" by a certain website. It'll become listed eventually.

But the message that says "This video is unlisted. Think twice before you share it" comes off as a little snarly, coming from Youtube. You do know how your website works, right youtube?
Old 09-06-2014, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

So based on the poll results from Ledge fans, the actual video gets a thumbs down review overall.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I have been waiting for your Blah! again..it seems like it as been awhile..The last one I can accurately cite is when you found out Moonlight and Lady from the Mountain had been consolidated.
Huh, you're on crack. Your memory is gone. I like Moonlight, but it's too long and I like White Widow's version Lady from the Mountain the best.

I don't even know what you are talking about. Get off the pipe.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Huh, you're on crack. Your memory is gone. I like Moonlight, but it's too long and I like White Widow's version Lady from the Mountain the best.

I don't even know what you are talking about. Get off the pipe.
It is none of the above Gary..go back and check the thread where the sizzle reel was played and 6 songs from IYD were played at the event Stevie attended in San Diego which Ledgies Jamie and Sapphiresister also attended..You were bahing and blahing all over the place when it was revealed Lady from the Mountain had become Moonlight.

Old 09-06-2014, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It is none of the above Gary..go back and check the thread where the sizzle reel was played and 6 songs from IYD were played at the event Stevie attended in San Diego which Ledgies Jamie and Sapphiresister also attended..You were bahing and blahing all over the place when it was revealed Lady from the Mountain had become Moonlight.
ummm the whole songs weren't played right? Those were just snippets.

I'm not as judgmental over this album like a lot of these people. I think this is going to be a mishmash of good and bad. I'm just hoping more good then bad. My expectations are pretty realistic based on the demos she chose.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
ummm the whole songs weren't played right? Those were just snippets.

I'm not as judgmental over this album like a lot of these people. I think this is going to be a mishmash of good and bad. I'm just hoping more good then bad. My expectations are pretty realistic based on the demos she chose.
Six songs were played in their entirety one of them was Moonlight as I recall a third Ledgie who was also there Greatdarkwing spilled the beans about it .

Old 09-06-2014, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
Definitely. It came off as far too staged for the stark song that accompanies it. The whole thing just didn't really work for me. But when I listen to the song I have a mental image of Stevie wailing on her piano, and it's possible that any image of her singing this song that doesn't match that isn't going to work for me. Oh well.

It goes in the "not interested in watching again" pile, along with most of Stevie's videos. No big thang. But it's not a video I would use to introduce people to the song.
Well I sent the video to a friend who is a long-time Eurythmics fan, so he's very interested in her working with Dave. As you can see from his reply below, he loved it (even the knocking on doors pantomime).

That song is absolutely amazing. I even got a bit teary-eyed listening to it. "Sing it, Stevie," I said aloud. I like it when she knocks on the invisible door. I was excited to come home and listen to the new album with you but now it's become a top priority. If this song is any indication of the new material, we may be on the verge of hearing an album that tops "Bella Donna" and "the Wild Heart" in terms of sheer ear-pleasing brilliance. I am so pleased that she's having a late-career renaissance with Dave along for the ride. I think that he really brings out something epic from within her, something that still manages to seem honest, intimate and true at the same time. He helps her seem like an elder stateswoman for an entire genre of music without making her seem like an anachronism meant to be admired more than enjoyed.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Six songs were played in their entirety one of them was Moonlight as I recall a third Ledgie who was also there Greatdarkwing spilled the beans about it .
Yeah at the conference but I don't think they were played in their entirety. I never heard full song unil I got the album.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:18 AM
Senior Ledgie

Thumbs Up on the video for me!
Old 09-08-2014, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
So based on the poll results from Ledge fans, the actual video gets a thumbs down review overall.
Perhaps not totally fair as there were 3 negative choices in the poll to 2 positive ones. Technically should have been a neutral choice for the middle option instead of "not well executed", which is negative.