Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:44 AM
Registered

Default "Lady" and "The Dealer" Singles

Has either single charted on any Billboard charts (Mainstream Rock, Adult Contemporary etc.)

I mean if it reached #2 on the iTunes rock charts it should reach the top ten in some rock charts.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
Has either single charted on any Billboard charts (Mainstream Rock, Adult Contemporary etc.)

I mean if it reached #2 on the iTunes rock charts it should reach the top ten in some rock charts.
Unfortunately, 'The Dealer' didn't peak high enough or sustain its run on the iTunes chart so there was very little chance of it charting. However, 'Lady' spent virtually two days within the top 100 and around #2 on the Rock Songs chart. It has since left the top 150 Rock Songs chart but hopefully its initial sales were strong enough for it to make a chart appearance on next weeks Billboard charts.

The only chart I can see 'Lady' possibly making an appearance is the top 50 Rock Digital Songs on Billboard. Let's hope we see it there next week. If it is then I would think it'll be very close to #50.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just don't understand the obsession on this board with Stevie or the band making the charts, who cares, why is it even relevant anymore. Are you listening to Stevie for your own personal enjoyment, or so you can boast about her chart movements, to whom, the majority don't even care. For god sakes look at the charts, why would you want Stevie or Fleetwood Mac to be included with that crap.

Last edited by justcrazylove; 08-29-2014 at 10:15 AM..
Old 08-29-2014, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
I just don't understand the obsession on this board with Stevie or the band making the charts, who cares, why is it even relevant anymore. Are you listing to Stevie for your own personal enjoyment, or so you can boast about her chart movements, to whom, the majority don't even care. For god sakes look at the charts, why would you want Stevie or Fleetwood Mac to be included with that crap.
Couldn't have said it better myself!
Old 08-29-2014, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I just don't understand the obsession on this board with Stevie or the band making the charts, who cares, why is it even relevant anymore. Are you listening to Stevie for your own personal enjoyment, or so you can boast about her chart movements, to whom, the majority don't even care. For god sakes look at the charts, why would you want Stevie or Fleetwood Mac to be included with that crap.
Because chart success likely means Nicks continuing to release music. It's not the only thing driving that, but it definitely helps. I don't get upset when she doesn't make the charts - she's a legacy act, after all - but it's still nice to see.

From my understanding both "The Dealer" and "Lady" have been promotional singles, released digitally to pump album sales. Lana Del Rey did the same with four songs from her 'Ultraviolence' album - only "West Coast" was released as an official single.

Nicks did get two singles in or close to the Adult Contemporary Top 20 with her last two albums:

"Every Day" #17 from 'Trouble In Shangri-La'
"Sorcerer" #21 from 'Trouble In Shangri-La'
"Secret Love" #20 from 'In Your Dreams'
"For What It's Worth" #25 from 'In Your Dreams'

So it would be great if '24 Karat Gold' managed something similar. And of course a Top 10 debut for the album would be fantastic, too.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thank you! The obsession comes with good intentions; for Stevie to appear current. Yet, she's a cultural icon, with a staying power far above and beyond most of the fleeting artists who are on the charts now.

Many seasoned artists of her generation don't sell consistently as they did in their heydays, yet they continue to maintain their careers and fan base by performing and producing good music. Their demographic is not the youth market anymore.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Good news to myself. The Dealer has really stuck with me. I think it is a good first single with a good groove. In my opinion these singles are stronger than the first two from IYD.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:56 AM
Senior Ledgie

I just heard the dealer on 93.5 the AV classic rock station!
Old 09-01-2014, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gssmith View Post
I just heard the dealer on 93.5 the AV classic rock station!
No way! That's really good. Hopefully we'll see it or Lady on the charts soon.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

'The Dealer' was played for the second time on UK radio today. It was played by Ken Bruce on BBC Radio 2 (surprise surprise!) and he said after the song that "that's new from Stevie Nicks'.
This must mean that either BBC Radio 2 is going to add the song to their playlist meaning good exposure and promotion for the album or, they're just going to play it now and again which is pretty meaningless really.
Oh well, nice to hear it on the radio!
Old 09-03-2014, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
'The Dealer' was played for the second time on UK radio today. It was played by Ken Bruce on BBC Radio 2 (surprise surprise!) and he said after the song that "that's new from Stevie Nicks'.
This must mean that either BBC Radio 2 is going to add the song to their playlist meaning good exposure and promotion for the album or, they're just going to play it now and again which is pretty meaningless really.
Oh well, nice to hear it on the radio!
They played it again - great! I'd begun to think that they were only going to play it that once I'm sure the songs and the album will get more exposure as it gets nearer to the release date.

edit: sue - maybe your e-mail to the bbc had something to do with this

Last edited by MoonSister75; 09-03-2014 at 04:03 PM..
Old 09-03-2014, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
They played it again - great! I'd begun to think that they were only going to play it that once I'm sure the songs and the album will get more exposure as it gets nearer to the release date.

edit: sue - maybe your e-mail to the bbc had something to do with this
I've sent about 3 more since then, to various DJ's nudging them, by saying "did you know Stevie Nicks has a new single out-----how's about playing it ?"
Not one reply and I notice The Dealer still isn't on the BBC Playlist......philistines.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So true!! Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks' careers are far beyond the possibility of having a Billboard Top 10 pop single. While their new albums may debut in the top 10, their days of having hit pop singles have been over for a long time... And frankly, who cares (other than Stevie). These iconic musicians are beyond trying to prove their worth by courting radio programmers and chasing after hit singles in today's bland market.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I understand that chart figures are of no interest to some people, but the sales figures are very important. The more records Stevie sells, the happier Warner Brothers is, and the happier Stevie is. She is more likely to continue releasing music in the future if this album sells well.
I think the enthusiasm on this board for chart positions seems to be from those who want this album to be a success. I don't see anyone stating figures just so they can boast. They seem to have a genuine interest in how well the album is doing, and are celebrating the fact that it has entered various charts.
Surely anyone who makes an album wants it to sell as many copies as possible, and would be pleased to find themselves in the charts. Any exposure that helps sales, including radio play, must be a good thing.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

KGSR in Austin is playing "The Dealer."