The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-07-2014, 05:23 AM
Senior Ledgie

In the Autralian iTunes store the banner only came up for the deluxe version, not the standard one.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:31 PM
Registered

Stevie has disappeared off the all music charts on itunes in the US

The Dealer and 24K Gold are no longer in the top 20 itunes rock either
Old 08-08-2014, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I rather see the Billboard chart rankings.I think the iTunes,Amazon charts are BS .Billboard has been around for ages and trusted.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 08-08-2014, 09:26 PM
Senior Ledgie

She's still on the iTunes' charts in the US....

#172 in Music

and

#23 in Rock
(followed by Fleetwood Mac's Greatest Hits at #26 and Rumours at #71)
"It was, because we demanded it from the very beginning. You can't be a wimp, and then one or two years later decide not to be a wimp anymore. Because people will always treat you like a wimp, once they have decided that's what you are. So you can never be that. You have to be strong, tough, smart, and know who you are. So, people will get that. Then, they're always going to be great to you. Then, they listen to you; they listen to your songs. They give you a chance. Otherwise, you get nowhere."
Old 08-08-2014, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She has two months to sale the album and I'm sure she has something up her sleeve.
Old 08-09-2014, 04:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
She has two months to sale the album and I'm sure she has something up her sleeve.
Like a strong second single. Figures crossed.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:24 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetofRhiannon View Post
She's still on the iTunes' charts in the US....

#172 in Music

and

#23 in Rock
(followed by Fleetwood Mac's Greatest Hits at #26 and Rumours at #71)
It only goes up to 150
Old 08-09-2014, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
It only goes up to 150
I'm pretty sure that's just what they report, some websites that access it will let you go out to 200.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It appears that Amazon and iTunes have separate numbers for each album and single, depending on whether they are deluxe or not. And any debut sales numbers will take all pre-orders into account. So I don't give too much weight to these digital pre-order numbers.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it's pretty common for an artist like Stevie and that with being a bit older than today's pop culture of music, that she may have a strong start but will steadily decline over the weeks. Considering that this is just a single it's really no surprise that it held for about a week. I don't see her really promoting the hell out of this project, she's pretty much dedicated it to the fans. It's a good boost of sales for FM albums too, and I'm sure she's making bank just fine.

When the album comes out itself I think it'll hold a bit longer in the charts.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by krrrby View Post
I think it's pretty common for an artist like Stevie and that with being a bit older than today's pop culture of music, that she may have a strong start but will steadily decline over the weeks. Considering that this is just a single it's really no surprise that it held for about a week. I don't see her really promoting the hell out of this project, she's pretty much dedicated it to the fans. It's a good boost of sales for FM albums too, and I'm sure she's making bank just fine.

When the album comes out itself I think it'll hold a bit longer in the charts.
Tbh, I would prefer a really strong debut over a long stay in the top 40. But I don't know how those numbers translate to Stevie. Tom Petty debuted at number 1 on the US 200 charts. It would be really cool to see Stevie have a strong debut as well.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoursAndHours View Post
Tbh, I would prefer a really strong debut over a long stay in the top 40. But I don't know how those numbers translate to Stevie. ��Tom Petty debuted at number 1 on the US 200 charts. It would be really cool to see Stevie have a strong debut as well.
I would prefer that too. Petty's 'Hypnotic Eye' debuted with sales of 131,000 which is amazing but that's including sales from concert ticket purchases or something. Apparently though 'Hypnotic Eye' is going to take a battering in its second week as according to Hits DD it's going to be at #7 when the Billboard 200 is published on sales of 32,000 which is a colossal 75% drop in sales.
A #5 placing for Stevie would be great on sales of around 40,000. Maybe it could sell more, I don't know. I think when The Voice is aired and we see what promotion the album is getting then we can guess more accurately as to what the album will do chart position and sales wise. I just think that with the numerous formats of the album and with an ever increasing number of fans (also social media), the album will do well.
How fantastic would it be if Stevie could reach the top 3 in the US for the first time since 1981?
Old 08-12-2014, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
How fantastic would it be if Stevie could reach the top 3 in the US for the first time since 1981?
Exactly. Since the debut week is the only week we can expect really high sales, I hope it debuts at number 1, obviously, but if I can't have that, I at least hope it charts at number 4 (higher than TISL or TWH).
Old 08-12-2014, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
I would prefer that too. Petty's 'Hypnotic Eye' debuted with sales of 131,000 which is amazing but that's including sales from concert ticket purchases or something. Apparently though 'Hypnotic Eye' is going to take a battering in its second week as according to Hits DD it's going to be at #7 when the Billboard 200 is published on sales of 32,000 which is a colossal 75% drop in sales.
A #5 placing for Stevie would be great on sales of around 40,000. Maybe it could sell more, I don't know. I think when The Voice is aired and we see what promotion the album is getting then we can guess more accurately as to what the album will do chart position and sales wise. I just think that with the numerous formats of the album and with an ever increasing number of fans (also social media), the album will do well.
TP & The Heartbreakers tied each concert ticket sold with a free download of "Hypnotic Eye." I bought two tickets for his upcoming tour and got two download links. Madonna did the same with her last record, MDNA. Technically, I consider this sorta cheating, but I guess it's allowed. Madonna, too, sufferred a colassal 80+% drop in her 2nd week sales of MDNA. And her album barely passed gold sales in the U.S. It wouldn't even have achieved "gold" status if she didn't initially tie record sales to her concert ticket sales. I doubt that "Hypnotic Eye" will even go gold. Consider that only 4-5 records have sold "gold" in the U.S. so far in 2014! There are far more platinum singles than record/albums than ever before.

So with the music industry sales in the toilet, Stevie should be proud if she even comes close to IYD sales. Yeah, her celebrity profile is bigger than ever, but that doesn't necessarily translate to bigger record sales. See Madonna & Cher's recent records. Though, don't feel sorry for Stevie, she's made it to the top of the mountain. Sheryl Crow, Melissa Etheridge, or even older rock stars peers; Debbie Harry, Pat Benatar, Heart, etc., would kill to have Stevies legacy and star profile. No doubt, Stevie is the long distant winner! .

24 Karat Gold will debut in the Top 10. And possibly even debut #1 without cheating. The Rock 'n' Roll HOF will have a hard time denying her induction as a solo artist after 24 Karat Gold.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoursAndHours View Post
Exactly. Since the debut week is the only week we can expect really high sales, I hope it debuts at number 1, obviously, but if I can't have that, I at least hope it charts at number 4 (higher than TISL or TWH).
Exactly. The headline 'Stevie's highest chart position since 1981' would be fantastic and she doesn't exactly have to bend over backwards to get it. This weeks #4 album has sold less than 40,000 and I know it isn't like that every week but on average it is. She only needs to sell around 20,000 to make the top 10 for God's sake.
I'm surprised by how many people think this album is going to do rather well and will debut high. Optimism is what's needed and we'll hopefully see the results in October!

Last edited by James89; 08-12-2014 at 06:36 PM..