User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
Annie is Dave's "other half". They had a million hits in the 80's with a band called Eurythmics before Annie went solo in the 90's.
Which reminds me, I still need a UK pressing of her solo debut, Diva. Such a great album.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 09-15-2014, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
I tend to assume people are older than they may actually be... A couple that I'm friends with - I was shocked and appalled to find out they were born in 1990 and 1992.

I was all like, OMG I'M SO OLD.
I was born in 1990 and have been told by numerous kids in the high school where I teach that I'm positively ancient so this amuses me quite a lot.

Also, I LOVE Annie's music and image. My introduction to her music (bar The Eurythmics, which I already knew), however, was kind of solely because at age 15 I was in love with Hugh Laurie and he appears in one of her music videos...

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 09-15-2014, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
because at age 15 I was in love with Hugh Laurie and he appears in one of her music videos...
I LOVE that video!!! "Walking On Broken Glass" ~ great song as well!!!
Old 09-15-2014, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Which reminds me, I still need a UK pressing of her solo debut, Diva. Such a great album.
SUCH a great album, and so hard to find on vinyl! My husband and I just took a quick trip to London, and that was on the top of our list of records to find - alas, no such luck.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Barbra Streisand has one dropping tomorrow, which I ordered. It's called 'Partners" and it has duets with big names like Billy Joel, Lionel Richie, Stevie Wonder among others.

She's on Jimmy Fallon tonight and I think they're going to do a funny duet like the one he did with Ms. Nicks.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, that album is one of my all-time favorite records ever, and Cold is such a good song.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Streisand is promoting her album in a way I never thought she would, really good job.
I've heard the album and even though I think she has the world's most beautiful voice, I wasn't too thrilled to listen to the same songs now sung with a bunch of male singers I don't care about, still, I have no doubt she's going to sell very well due to good publicity mostly.

I have to say it took the Nicks/Stewart partnership to remind me of how amazing Annie Lennox is and I'll certainly buy her album.

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoursAndHours View Post
Yes, that album is one of my all-time favorite records ever, and Cold is such a good song.
Yes, for sure!
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 09-16-2014, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I dont know about Pinks tunes .I'm not into her tunes but its nice to see Annie is coming out with a new album.

Wow.Tony Bennett.He is my parents favorite.I enjoy his tunes too.Its very interesting to see Lady Gaga is with him.I wish that Stevie record some classic tunes with Tony and other artists of his generation before its to late in the game.
That would be a great idea!
Old 09-16-2014, 12:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
Barbra Streisand has one dropping tomorrow, which I ordered. It's called 'Partners" and it has duets with big names like Billy Joel, Lionel Richie, Stevie Wonder among others.

She's on Jimmy Fallon tonight and I think they're going to do a funny duet like the one he did with Ms. Nicks.
Please let me know what you think of the CD. I have heard bits of it and have my own opinion, but it sounds like you are more of a fan so I'd love to know what you think.

Kevin
Old 09-16-2014, 01:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
That would be a great idea!
Yes definitely. I rather see her collaborate with classic artists her age and older then with young ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post

I love Barbra Streisand .Her voice and her music.I got to check her new CD out.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 09-16-2014, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Yes definitely. I rather see her collaborate with classic artists her age and older then with young ones.
I agree with that. Stevie represents old school classic rock. She's an ancient relic in comparison to the "now" generation. Tony Bennett is in his eighties, and still cool. Stevie collaborating with him would make her seem the youthful one! She really should stay clear of the likes of Taylor Swift and that entire demographic.

That said, I was really surprised when I saw Fleetwood Mac on their previous tour. The majority of the audience was probably 35-65 in age( lot of gray heads), but there were more 20 -somethings than I expected -- a small demographic of smart "youngsters" who appreciate the older bands and music many generations behind them.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 09-16-2014 at 12:17 PM..
Old 09-16-2014, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't think of a WORSE idea than Stevie collaborating with Tony Bennett or doing an album of standards. Boo! Just my humble opinion, as always.

Stick to Rock & Roll, Stevie! Keep writing your own stuff!
Old 09-16-2014, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfan View Post
Lucinda Williams too. And if any of you are Lu fans, it's a double CD. They have previewed a few tracks and I like the two that I heard a lot. Believe it or not, she has already recoded a 3rd CD and will release it probably next year.

Kevin
I LOVES me some Lucinda Williams !!! June bug VS. hurricane---2 Kool 2 B Forgotten....Lucinda is a force of energy. Everything I cross the bridge on a visit to New Orleans, I ALWAYS blast "Crescent City". I can't wait for the new DOUBLE CD from Lu.

Don't get me started on Patty Griffin.....she is just an angel !!!!!
Old 09-16-2014, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
I can't think of a WORSE idea than Stevie collaborating with Tony Bennett or doing an album of standards. Boo! Just my humble opinion, as always.

Stick to Rock & Roll, Stevie! Keep writing your own stuff!
What was I thinking? You're so right.

I guess I was referencing Tony Bennett's duet with Amy Winehouse (one of the last things she did before dying). But she was in an entirely different musical wheelhouse than Stevie.