Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-06-2016, 09:46 AM
Registered

Mohegan sun prices

are they only selling upper arena seats ?
US $69.00 US $89.00
Old 09-06-2016, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I"m really surprised at the large venues. I kind of thought both Stevie and the Pretenders were downsizing, which is awesome for fans. It's also strange because when you have two groups together like this, you get a lot of fans who come for just one of the performers, which usually means that they stick to very middle of the road setlists so the non fans will at least have heard some of the songs. But if Stevie really is going to do a lot of songs from 24 Karat (or is it Karak? ) Gold, it will mean all the Pretenders fans may get bored. But I'm still super excited to be able to hear some of 24 KG live.

Kevin
Old 09-06-2016, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This new website is going through some growing pains. But I'm actually not bothered by it at all. The Stevie Nicks organization is a non-techie group, so it kind of reminds me of the people I help out at work with their new smartphones and tablets

(On this page, the text and background colors are both white.)

Old 09-06-2016, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLN1 View Post
what I know
tour with Pretenders
new album
Dave is out
Major Producer in
New Gypsy in Major Movie
FMac tour '17
Stevie still has not contributed as of yet
few hints at other projects
THIS is more interesting news to me than a tour. A new album??? As in a new solo album, without Dave? New producer? Screw the tour. I want ALL the details on this!!!
Old 09-06-2016, 11:31 AM
Senior Ledgie

I was really expecting smaller, more intimate venues. I really don't see this combination filling up large arenas in most of the markets outside of LA and NYC. Also hoping that her setlist this time truly is "from the vault."
Old 09-06-2016, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMacAttack View Post
I was really expecting smaller, more intimate venues. I really don't see this combination filling up large arenas in most of the markets outside of LA and NYC. Also hoping that her setlist this time truly is "from the vault."
She probably wanted to replicate the Heart & Soul Tour. I hope this time there will be more songs shared by the co-headliners.
Old 09-06-2016, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Live Nation promo video

https://www.facebook.com/LiveNation/...?hc_ref=SEARCH
Old 09-06-2016, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfan View Post
I"m really surprised at the large venues. I kind of thought both Stevie and the Pretenders were downsizing, which is awesome for fans. It's also strange because when you have two groups together like this, you get a lot of fans who come for just one of the performers, which usually means that they stick to very middle of the road setlists so the non fans will at least have heard some of the songs. But if Stevie really is going to do a lot of songs from 24 Karat (or is it Karak? ) Gold, it will mean all the Pretenders fans may get bored. But I'm still super excited to be able to hear some of 24 KG live.

Kevin
i'm surprised at Nicks/the Pretenders combo, somehow i don't see people who like their music or their fan bases gelling very well. i don't think most Pretenders' fans know any of SN hits, other than Landslide, probably GDW and Edge, so it doesn't really matter what she plays, i suspect they'll leave either way. if they even come at all considering what seems to be close seats small theater prices for far away arena seats.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-06-2016, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I never really understand the presales. I mean, I get the AMEX one is for people who have amex cards, but what is the VIP presale? Also, I'd be hesitant to pay too much for Stevie VIP tickets only to have people from the nosebleeds bum rush the stage. It would be like paying $500. bucks just for the "exclusive" t shirt.
Old 09-06-2016, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Will they add more dates?
Old 09-06-2016, 04:03 PM
Junior Ledgie

The VIP tickets cover the first 20 rows . I have been to a lot of different venues and I doubt there will be folks bum rushing the stage when its reserved seating. Security will help you find the seat you paid for I am sure.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Any chance the tour will be extended for Europe? :/
Old 09-07-2016, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just noticed that the start time is 7 PM. I was worried that we wouldn't be getting a full set from Stevie, but it looks like we will. So at least there is that.

Kevin
Old 09-07-2016, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie's trending again...
Old 09-07-2016, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've never had such mixd feelings about a Stevie tour. She has talked for awhile about wanting to tour with a deeper set list and do songs she's never done like kind of woman, sable on blonde , a title song medley etc.. And I've always felt a tour called "tour from the vault to accompany the 24 KG album was the perfect time to do that. I also felt that fall. 2016 was the perfect time to do that! Then fleetwood Mac could finish the album in Mach/April.

And now it appears she s "kind of" doing just that. If the rumours are true, this set will be very heavy on new songs . And honestly with 24kg songs she kind of kills 2 birds by playing a "new" song and a lost. Classic all at the same time as far as fans like us are concerned.

But the venue is all wrong. This should be a theatre tour, with no pretenders. Come on Stevie's, artists even more popular and we'll respected then you have gone the theatre route. And those about at her level Alldo theaters. There would be no shame. I can't see this arena shi* going well. No matter how you slice it.either she will play it way safer the we're being told due to the larger mind audience or she'll actually have the balls to give us what we want and her ego won't be able to take the rejection she'll surely receive . If we were dealing with someone who doesn't care what people think so much this wouldn't be an issue but unfortunately stevie does. Or a third scenerio where the tour gets scraped due to such low ticket sales.

And then there's the damn article that. Baffles the crap out d me more then anything stevie has ever said or done before. NOTHING ELSE TO DO stevie . The other 4 need to grow some balls and address this. Stevie is out of control at the moment. The fact she didn't even acknowledge her lack of involvement in the album tie unacceptable.

He Will Burn You Down