The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Excerpts from Rolling Stone's review of this season of AHS (which they feel is easily the best so far):

Fact: It's not a real coven until Stevie Nicks shows up. So American Horror Story: Coven takes us to a cabin, somewhere deep in the Lousiana swamp, where two witches are cranking some vintage Fleetwood Mac. A gawky teen witch named Zoe is getting her mind blown by her mysterious new friend, Misty, who plays her Rhiannon and explains the genius of Stevie. Zoe gets confused. "That's Stevie Nicks from American Idol?" "The white witch!" Misty raves. "This song was her anthem. Doesn't it just penetrate your soul and tell the truth about everything you ever felt in your whole life?" Zoe smiles. "Yeah, totally." Stand the hell back!

The Stevie-worshipping Misty is a perfect example of how Coven gets the occult details right, which is why her scenes are so scary, funny and moving at the same time. As Misty, Lily Rabe rocks the feathered hair with dark roots, the leather bustier, Eighties raccoon eye makeup--she doesn't look like the actual Stevie so much as the archetypal Stevie fan, which is why she hits home. She moves like a cat in the dark, and then she is the darkness.

All the gold-dust women of Coven are a bloody great time: Jessica Lange, Angela Bassett, Kathy Bates, Patti LuPone and more arrivals every week.

Coven understands why we get so scared of witches: because they're cooler than us. Not to mention louder, sexier and Stevie-er.

Last edited by MikeInNV; 11-10-2013 at 09:57 AM..
Old 11-10-2013, 02:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedhour26 View Post
Here's a picture of Misty from the episode last night.
When I watched Coven and saw her at the end, all I could think of was 1982.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heres an other chance for Stevie to do some acting.She should go on the show.

She was awesome on Up All Night.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-12-2013, 03:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
Excerpts from Rolling Stone's review of this season of AHS (which they feel is easily the best so far):

Fact: It's not a real coven until Stevie Nicks shows up. So American Horror Story: Coven takes us to a cabin, somewhere deep in the Lousiana swamp, where two witches are cranking some vintage Fleetwood Mac. A gawky teen witch named Zoe is getting her mind blown by her mysterious new friend, Misty, who plays her Rhiannon and explains the genius of Stevie. Zoe gets confused. "That's Stevie Nicks from American Idol?" "The white witch!" Misty raves. "This song was her anthem. Doesn't it just penetrate your soul and tell the truth about everything you ever felt in your whole life?" Zoe smiles. "Yeah, totally." Stand the hell back!

The Stevie-worshipping Misty is a perfect example of how Coven gets the occult details right, which is why her scenes are so scary, funny and moving at the same time. As Misty, Lily Rabe rocks the feathered hair with dark roots, the leather
bustier, Eighties raccoon eye makeup--she doesn't look like the actual Stevie so much as the archetypal Stevie fan, which is why she hits home. She moves like a cat in the dark, and then she is the darkness.

All the gold-dust women of Coven are a bloody great time: Jessica Lange, Angela Bassett, Kathy Bates, Patti LuPone and more arrivals every week.

Coven understands why we get so scared of witches: because they're cooler than us. Not to mention louder, sexier and Stevie-er.
LOVE THIS. the Misty Day character is great. Sometimes, when it all just gets to be too much you got to summon the magic, you just gotta turn up the music and spin

Last edited by Phoenix; 11-12-2013 at 03:46 AM..
Old 11-12-2013, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

@MrRPMurphy

Guess who's visiting the Coven? The legendary Stevie Nicks!

-

TVLine has interpreted this and reported this as her actually guesting, not just visiting the set etc.

http://tvline.com/2013/11/12/ahs-cov...-stevie-nicks/

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"

Last edited by nicole21290; 11-12-2013 at 11:05 AM..
Old 11-12-2013, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Zap2It By Andrea Reiher November 12, 2013

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...ite-witch.html

On Wednesday's (Nov. 13) episode of "American Horror Story: Coven," Misty Day gets upset because someone "breaks Stevie," a.k.a. breaks her radio that she uses to play her Stevie Nicks songs.

But later in the season, she'll get to meet the real thing, so that's probably better.

Creator Ryan Murphy tweets, "Guess who's visiting the Coven? The legendary Stevie Nicks!"

Nicks' music, including "Rhiannon," "Sara" and "Leather and Lace," has been used so far to great effect for everyone's favorite swamp witch Misty, who is obsessed with Stevie -- the "white witch," as she calls her.

There were always rumors surrounding Nicks' real-life interest in witchcraft and mysticism, so her music fits right in on the FX drama. But we wonder just how Nicks herself will fit into the world -- will she appear as herself? Will she be a fictionalized version of her real self, one who maybe has witchy powers? Or will she be an actual character?

If she's a fictional character, Nicks definitely looks enough like Lily Rabe to play Misty's mom. Just sayin'.

We cannot wait to see her. "American Horror Story: Coven" airs Wednesday nights at 10 p.m. ET/PT on FX.

Follow Zap2it on Twitter and Zap2it on Facebook for the latest news and buzz
Old 11-12-2013, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Zap2It By Andrea Reiher November 12, 2013

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...ite-witch.html

On Wednesday's (Nov. 13) episode of "American Horror Story: Coven," Misty Day gets upset because someone "breaks Stevie," a.k.a. breaks her radio that she uses to play her Stevie Nicks songs.

But later in the season, she'll get to meet the real thing, so that's probably better.

Creator Ryan Murphy tweets, "Guess who's visiting the Coven? The legendary Stevie Nicks!"

Nicks' music, including "Rhiannon," "Sara" and "Leather and Lace," has been used so far to great effect for everyone's favorite swamp witch Misty, who is obsessed with Stevie -- the "white witch," as she calls her.

There were always rumors surrounding Nicks' real-life interest in witchcraft and mysticism, so her music fits right in on the FX drama. But we wonder just how Nicks herself will fit into the world -- will she appear as herself? Will she be a fictionalized version of her real self, one who maybe has witchy powers? Or will she be an actual character?

If she's a fictional character, Nicks definitely looks enough like Lily Rabe to play Misty's mom. Just sayin'.

We cannot wait to see her. "American Horror Story: Coven" airs Wednesday nights at 10 p.m. ET/PT on FX.

Follow Zap2it on Twitter and Zap2it on Facebook for the latest news and buzz

Wow This sounds like me at the old job when the idiot co-workers turn down or shut off my boom box or iPod as Stevie tunes are playing.

Maybe the next couple of night I end up having a flashback dream sequence that Stevie appeared at my old job and slap some co-workers around for screwing around with my boombox and have a couple words with them and walkout.. LOL.

I'm so glad for Stevie is getting TV time.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-12-2013, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So now I've seen reports that Leather and Lace and Gypsy have both been used. Those haven't aired yet, right? I think I'm up to date with my viewing.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So now I've seen reports that Leather and Lace and Gypsy have both been used. Those haven't aired yet, right? I think I'm up to date with my viewing.
Not unless they're featured in this week's episode. Just "Edge" and "Rhiannon" in Ep 2 and "Sara" in Ep 3.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:43 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Leather and Lace played tonight. No Gypsy though, perhaps the next episode?

On a side note, apparently Stevie is supposed to appear in episode 10. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 11-14-2013, 01:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I with they would Nightbird, Trouble in Shangri La or The Wild Heart or You may be the One… Something a little more obscure.

Has Anyone Ever Written Anything for You would be perfect for Misty. How about atmospheric song like Outside the Rain, Still of the Night, Sable on Blonde, New Orleans...
Old 11-14-2013, 06:45 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default AHS Coven What?!

Ok supposedly Stevie will be on the show. I saw it on Buzzfeed from an interview with Lily Rabe,does anyone else have any other sources?
Old 11-14-2013, 08:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedhour26 View Post
Leather and Lace played tonight. No Gypsy though, perhaps the next episode?

On a side note, apparently Stevie is supposed to appear in episode 10. Can anyone confirm this?
All the news reports are saying Episode 10. What Episode number was last night's show?
Old 11-14-2013, 09:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

last night's episode was number #6.
great article here with Lily Rabe about the Stevie cameo.
spoiler alert though for anybody that hasn't seen last nights episode.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jaimieetkin/...or-story-coven
Old 11-14-2013, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceface View Post
Ok supposedly Stevie will be on the show. I saw it on Buzzfeed from an interview with Lily Rabe,does anyone else have any other sources?
You might not have seen it but there are two threads about Stevie's AHS involvement in the "Stevie section"

I originally posted in a thread started by "staceface" in the Rumors" section...
I see the Mods have merged it with this one...

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 11-14-2013 at 11:12 AM.. Reason: Merged Thread