User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-08-2018, 06:32 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Ohhh I have a better video myself!!! I took it on an actual camera I sort of snuck in (actually I assume it was okay at United Center. I did get in trouble at another concert recently but uh... I have medical equipment and it allows me to stash my camera out of sight haha). I was in a great row of people at this show too. All first timers who were so excited to be there and so friendly so I didn’t pull out my big camera until later because there was so much dancing around me. But I got a close up full HD video of All Over Again for sure.

And I’m so excited to be able to share with everyone. That said, I don’t have a working computer at the moment and am still physically beat from the concert plus health issues but dang it, anyone who wants the video let me know. I already have someone I promised it to on Twitter.

And ha, the camera in question has a huge memory card and two shows from the last tour on it so if I ever get a chance to upload stuff... I have treats!!! I’m so ticked that while my phone surprised me some amazing video I originally recorded a bunch through Snapchat for a couple of personal friends and didn’t realize how awful Snapchat is with video. So my stuff is three different quality levels. Oops. Lesson learned. If my health were better and I had a car I would love to go to Grand Rapids. Bonding with fans yesterday and today even people who have similarly mixed feelings to me, and getting to share videos and thoughts has been maybe the best part of all. And I’m just paying it forward for a previous Ledgie who gave me permission to keep and print their photos several years ago when I forgot my camera at another show. I may love the fan community as much as the band itself right now.
Old 10-08-2018, 06:40 AM
Senior Ledgie

Clip from “Isn’t It Midnight”. My personal highlight of the show. I am dying for a full recording but it was my high and I was too busy enjoying and was surprised to find I got this much of it. Doesn’t Christine sound great? You can tell she’s actually singing and certainly her voice has changed but as someone commented on Twitter, sounded like an 80s show. And compared to how she sounded a little over a year ago on the Buckingham McVie date I saw, I am just in awe. She really was the highlight. And this was my first time sitting on her side so as conflicted as I still feel- I am so thrilled I got to enjoy Christine and this show elevated my appreciation and admiration of her.

https://instagram.com/p/BopmZ9Qn8ad/

Posted this on twitter as well as my instagram. If there’s any issues getting it to play- my instagram is Tzipora, Twitter is Tzipity. Still going through what I’ve got but I’ve been posted whatever people have asked for. If there’s anything you’re wanting to see, let me know. I only recorded the full song on a couple of songs (All Over Again and Storms for sure) because my row was standing and dancing most of the show and it was a little tight but I grabbed a minute or two of most songs and am quite happy with how my phone did.
Old 10-08-2018, 07:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You Make Loving Fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFZzXdag7mk
Old 10-08-2018, 07:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You Make Loving Fun:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cFZzXdag7mk" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-08-2018, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeCastASpell View Post
Clip from “Isn’t It Midnight”. My personal highlight of the show. I am dying for a full recording but it was my high and I was too busy enjoying and was surprised to find I got this much of it. Doesn’t Christine sound great? You can tell she’s actually singing and certainly her voice has changed but as someone commented on Twitter, sounded like an 80s show. And compared to how she sounded a little over a year ago on the Buckingham McVie date I saw, I am just in awe. She really was the highlight. And this was my first time sitting on her side so as conflicted as I still feel- I am so thrilled I got to enjoy Christine and this show elevated my appreciation and admiration of her.

https://instagram.com/p/BopmZ9Qn8ad/

Posted this on twitter as well as my instagram. If there’s any issues getting it to play- my instagram is Tzipora, Twitter is Tzipity. Still going through what I’ve got but I’ve been posted whatever people have asked for. If there’s anything you’re wanting to see, let me know. I only recorded the full song on a couple of songs (All Over Again and Storms for sure) because my row was standing and dancing most of the show and it was a little tight but I grabbed a minute or two of most songs and am quite happy with how my phone did.

Chris sounds great for her lately, but the backing vocals are pretty meh. You'd think at least either Sharon or Marilyn could hit the higher notes. Otherwise it makes the chorus sound really flat on an otherwise good performance.
Old 10-08-2018, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Chris sounds great for her lately, but the backing vocals are pretty meh. You'd think at least either Sharon or Marilyn could hit the higher notes. Otherwise it makes the chorus sound really flat on an otherwise good performance.
One of the reviews mentioned the show having THREE back-up singers. I am wondering if that was a mistake, or if maybe they are referring to one of the auxillary musicians singing as well.
Old 10-08-2018, 11:21 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Totally agree with all of the above. Before reading this, I thought the same thing when listening. What are they coming along for if not to do just that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
To my ear, Chris sounds pretty solid here on YMLF. Did they lower it from how it was performed last FM tour or during BuckVie? I hope Chris can hear the arena singing along with her... that was the best part, tbh.
Old 10-08-2018, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I was completely surprised that we got this forum.
It was a nice surprise and you and I can take the credit for the Mods realizing it was needed. Now there needs to be no more discussions about which thread to put the current lineup into. I have a great idea. Since you and I (and who knows else will come along too), want to be the ones to create the video threads for the tour, why don't we take turns. You start the next one after the show on the 10th and then we can alternate, and I'll start the thread on the show after that and so on and so forth. What do you think?
Old 10-08-2018, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I Got You:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfhoQHYrt7I
Old 10-08-2018, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Black Magic Woman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpgcz0fHbEs
Old 10-08-2018, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Gold Dust Woman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1hO7zVtr_Y

Rhiannon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE_ZziZDtmM

Say You Love Me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_V-MCxCx90

Last edited by vivfox; 10-08-2018 at 11:44 AM..
Old 10-08-2018, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thx to you and gldswmn for getting this forum started.

My sig other (it feels stupid to say boyfriend when you're not 20) surprised me with a ticket for the Chicago show. I'm pretty bummed about Lindsey and I had no intention of going to this show. He sprung the ticket on me Friday and I just sat there. Imagine my shock when he proceeded to use my arguments against me! Here's a sample: What if this is the last tour, what is someone dies, what if this or that, you'll regret not going to see it for yourself, youtube videos are not the same as being there, if you change your mind you'll have to drive to a show further away, etc. He was adamant that I experience it for myself. He said I was making a mistake by not seeing this version of the band I've loved all my life. He was all serious and doing the "I know you/I know how you are" thing so I went. I'll post my review right after this
Old 10-08-2018, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Methinks OGB is getting too many bits of other people’s songs to sing this tour.

Having said that, this song’s rescue from oblivion is long overdue.
Old 10-08-2018, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My seat was on the R side Sec 120, Row 8, Seat 1. It felt weird not being on the floor up close where I'd normally be. I couldn't see some of the screen stuff very well and never saw John till the end when he moved out of his spot. I'm not sure how to describe the show--it was very emotional for me. I don't mind being angry, depressed, happy but all 3 at the same time was too much. Ultimately he was right----I feel satisfied that I experienced it live and and I'll never wonder about it.

Christine sounded uneven to me all night. She looked like she was enjoying herself esp on "Tell Me", she was smiling, bouncing up and down. It sounded like Stevie shouted a lot to me. She doesn't have much nuance in her voice anymore. I didn't hear Sharon and Marilyn much and I was on their side. Mike did a good job esp on the pre 1975 songs. Neil did a good job too--I don't think he's phoning it in at all--he seems to be making an effort to sing the songs well and in a way we're used to hearing. John sounded great as always esp during Hypnotized.

I dunno--maybe I'll say more about it tonight when I'm at work and I have some quiet time. It's just that small things that I love were missing. When Lindsey yelps "yea" during the chorus of YMLF or the stuff he plays during GDW. I wanted to hear Isn't it Midnight with his vocals not Neil's. GYOW sounds very hard rock to me live but not during this show.

Whenever a pre FM5 song would start up I got excited cause I want to hear those songs live just not like this.

I haven't posted or read much here lately because I've been consumed with work issues. When I got the ticket on Friday I had to skim thru as much as I could to catch up. The Tulsa show could have been better so I think they wanted to bring it big time to Chicago. The United Center looked filled to me and I saw/heard lots of happy people around me and on my way out afterwards. Mike Campbell got a huge cheer when he was introduced as did Neil Finn. That surprised me a little (the Neil cheer) and when he started Don't Dream the audience cranked up on the first Hey Now. I expected a sing along but I thought it would take longer for the audience to chime in--I was wrong. Heard many positive comments about Freefallin and the tribute to Tom Petty. Even with the older songs most people stuck around. I think that's because Oh Well and Tell me are fast paced. Storms sounded good and I enjoyed the duet with Chris and Stevie at the end.
Old 10-08-2018, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
Methinks OGB is getting too many bits of other people’s songs to sing this tour.

Having said that, this song’s rescue from oblivion is long overdue.
Completely agree on both counts.

THE Stephen Hopkins