User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-20-2004, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by teedee
idont think any one is saying that he isnt a great if not one of the best guitarists and producer around!
I was referring to the comment that Lux was grasping for straws when she said that Lindsey is one of the driving forces behind their lush execution.

Old 03-20-2004, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
It's great, but how come those tix didn't sell-out consistently and do much better, seeing as how Stevie is the biggest draw?
she is the biggest draw because if any of the other members of fm were to do a solo tour they would not sell as well. that makes her the biggest draw right?

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 03-20-2004, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by diamondsnake
All I was trying to say, was that you said that Stevie's solo tours were selling "like ****", but i still say that less then 100 and around 70 dollars is a lot of money!
I meant they sold like **** attendance-wise.

No one bought them on the scale that they bought Mac tickets.

Old 03-20-2004, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
she is the biggest draw because if any of the other members of fm were to do a solo tour they would not sell as well. that makes her the biggest draw right?
No!

Old 03-20-2004, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No!
explain, please.

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 03-20-2004, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Even the Enchanted tour, which followed The Dance by only a few months, was expected to be a pretty big tour, but it kinda flopped. Ticket sales lagged. The fact is, Stevie can't fill the arenas anymore (which is why she doesn't tour them), she can't even fill ampitheatres. The TISL tour had it problems, including Stevie's health, but lack of ticket sales were also another big problem. This has nothing to do with our love of Stevie, it has to do with hard facts.

welll the venues looked pretty full to me, you make it sound like the halls were half empty, and thats not the case, as for her being sick on tisl, she rescheduled those cancelled dates. and your right it has nothing to do with our love for her.
Old 03-20-2004, 11:14 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 03-20-2004, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
explain, please.
Oh my word, I thought that was what I was doing.

Read carefully:

If Stevie was the biggest draw, her solo tours would've done much better than way under $20 million. She can't fill arenas or ampitheatres in general. Fleetwood Mac can. And they can sell out on a consistent basis.

If Lindsey was not a part of the Mac and it was only Stevie, John, and Mick, that tour would sell like a Stevie solo tour.

If Stevie was not a part of the Mac, and it was only Lindsey, John, and Mick, that tour would probably sell like a Stevie solo tour: $14 million.

In summary, it is the combined chemistry of Lindsey, Stevie, Mick, and John that makes Fleetwood Mac touring so successful. Not Stevie, not Lindsey, ALL of them.

Old 03-20-2004, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
welll the venues looked pretty full to me, you make it sound like the halls were half empty, and thats not the case, as for her being sick on tisl, she rescheduled those cancelled dates. and your right it has nothing to do with our love for her.
Go look up the attendance numbers, doll.

A half-full venue looks almost full to the naked eye.

Old 03-20-2004, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh my word, I thought that was what I was doing.

Read carefully:

Okay, I'm not that stupid...

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 03-20-2004, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Okay, I'm not that stupid...
I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying that I've explained it ten-fold in the last half hour.

Old 03-20-2004, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

If Stevie was the biggest draw, her solo tours would've done much better than way under $20 million. She can't fill arenas or ampitheatres in general. Fleetwood Mac can. And they can sell out on a consistent basis.

If Lindsey was not a part of the Mac and it was only Stevie, John, and Mick, that tour would sell like a Stevie solo tour.

If Stevie was not a part of the Mac, and it was only Lindsey, John, and Mick, that tour would probably sell like a Stevie solo tour: $14 million.

In summary, it is the combined chemistry of Lindsey, Stevie, Mick, and John that makes Fleetwood Mac touring so successful. Not Stevie, not Lindsey, ALL of them.
But, correct me if i'm wrong, the biggest draw means who drwas the most people to a venue. if stevie's solo tours sell more then a lindsey solo tour, then that means that stevie has a larger fan following and draws more people to the concerts. that makes her the biggest draw out of lindsey and stevie.

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 03-20-2004, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But, correct me if i'm wrong, the biggest draw means who drwas the most people to a venue. if stevie's solo tours sell more then a lindsey solo tour, then that means that stevie has a larger fan following and draws more people to the concerts. that makes her the biggest draw out of lindsey and stevie.
I'm sorry, but that's a ridiculous rationale.

We have no way to assert how many people would attend a Lindsey Buckingham solo tour. We can't use numbers from the OOTC tour because that was more than ten years ago.

The biggest draw means who draws the most people to the venue. Who draws the most people? FLEETWOOD MAC.

Old 03-20-2004, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You're missing the point.

Since so many wanted to state that Stevie is the biggest draw to Mac shows, I compared attendance to her solo shows and the current Mac shows. If she was such a big draw, her solo shows would be sold-out and she'd make more than $14 million. If she was such a big draw, she would headline some arenas. If she was such a big draw, her ticket sales wouldn't lag, even when good seats are under $70.

And Lindsey didn't just tour as an opening act for Tina, he did that after his tour across the US in intimate venues.
i stand corrected on the lindsey/tina opening act. i wasnt aware that he toured completely for that cd, good for him, i loved that cd. and may i ask how did that tour do, how much did he gross and what were his ticket prices, just curious... as for what ever stevies venues she played , i think the attendance appeared to be full, i will admit i dont keep my nose in bill board for numbers of sales and tickets and such, but i just believe that if stevie wasnt involved with this fm tour it wouldnt be as successful..i know fm is all of them , and yes ppl want to see fm the whole package , but do you think honestly if stevie didnt tour they could get away with omitting her songs from the set, do you think the crowd would accept lindsey singing all stevies lead vocals, do you think they would accept a hired woman singer to try to replace stevie, or do you think an audience would be more accepting of having a new guitarist back up stevie on a fm tour .. like it was stated earlier this has nothing to do with the love we have for lindsey or stevie, just the facts. i do believe that lindsey s production with the mac, is best no doubt in my mind!!! he definately adds to fm .
Old 03-20-2004, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i stand corrected on the lindsey/tina opening act. i wasnt aware that he toured completely for that cd, good for him, i loved that cd. and may i ask how did that tour do, how much did he gross and what were his ticket prices, just curious... as for what ever stevies venues she played , i think the attendance appeared to be full, i will admit i dont keep my nose in bill board for numbers of sales and tickets and such, but i just believe that if stevie wasnt involved with this fm tour it wouldnt be as successful..i know fm is all of them , and yes ppl want to see fm the whole package , but do you think honestly if stevie didnt tour they could get away with omitting her songs from the set, do you think the crowd would accept lindsey singing all stevies lead vocals, do you think they would accept a hired woman singer to try to replace stevie, or do you think an audience would be more accepting of having a new guitarist back up stevie on a fm tour .. like it was stated earlier this has nothing to do with the love we have for lindsey or stevie, just the facts. i do believe that lindsey s production with the mac, is best no doubt in my mind!!! he definately adds to fm .
But do you believe that they'd be able to leave out Lindsey songs and tour successfully? Hell no. It is the combination of Stevie and Lindsey. If it was just Stevie it would bomb and Mick and John would have a ****ty income.

As for the OOTC prices, they were quite low. Under $50, I think. He only toured small clubs, but almost all of them sold out.

Old 03-20-2004, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm sorry, but that's a ridiculous rationale.

We have no way to assert how many people would attend a Lindsey Buckingham solo tour. We can't use numbers from the OOTC tour because that was more than ten years ago.

The biggest draw means who draws the most people to the venue. Who draws the most people? FLEETWOOD MAC.
But what year was OOTC? 92? i'll bet timespace was a more successful tour and that is regarded as her worst timeperiod in the business.

We were frail...
Save us...