User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-24-2007, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
She can definitely afford a driver. However, since she was high and apparently drunk it would seem that this plan was not well thought out.
sadly a little planning would prevent a lot of heartache. it's not as if she goes out not knowing she's going to drink/get high
Old 07-24-2007, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeschmike View Post
I don't want to hate her, nor do I hate her. There was a time when I did feel bad for her. That was about three rehab stints ago, so now I'm just under the impression that she doesn't want to help herself. On top of that, no one close to her can seem to get her to realize what she's doing to her life. (That walking pharmacy she calls a mother)

I don't want her dead by any means, but I'm just not in the crowd that thinks all of this is somebody else's fault and she's a victim of being young in Hollywood.
Touche' my friend!

In the end - I feel sorry for like I feel sorry for any addict unable to come out it. With her though - I think the glaring light makes her seem like she does not want to come out of it. In my experience, almost all addicts are like that.

But, maybe she will haul herself through it.

On edit - apparently, she is not going back to Promises, which I submit is rather a joke of a rehab facility. Hopefully, she will get some tough love at the new place and it will work.

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 07-24-2007 at 01:22 PM..
Old 07-24-2007, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
What she did is dumb as hell. But I'm not going to be all ****ed in my head and start name calling people with substance abuse problems that they obviously have no control over.

What she is doing is not rare or unique only to her social status. It's just visible, and therefore shocking to the straightlaced. This is a problem that affections millions of people, and it's not my place to act like they're subterranean mutants.

Also, who's to say it isn't a cry for help? She obviously needs to spend some time in jail, and then some time in rehab... if we know it, I'd think she does too. There are actually people who do things to get thrown back in, because they know they can't handle themselves outside without their crutch yet.
Yes, yes and yes. Your post proves you to be an empathetic, insightful person.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsay Lohan might be adding a whole lotta striped jumpsuits to her wardrobe.

Already facing charges for driving under the influence and misdemeanor hit and run in Beverly Hills, Lindsay racked up even more charges last night in Santa Monica, and is now facing big time jail time.

The maximum sentence she faced for the original DUI and hit and run charges was 6 months for each. Last night, Lindsay was charged with another DUI -- if convicted of both DUIs, she could face up to one year in jail. And the horror doesn't stop there! She was also charged with possession cocaine, which is a felony and carries a maximum of three years in jail.

La Lohan is accused of driving on a suspended license as well, which carries a maximum of one year in jail. Her frenemy Paris Hilton was sentenced to 45 days for the same offense.

As far as the allegation of bringing cocaine into a correctional facility -- our sources tell us that this charge will most likely be dropped, because it is only enforced if someone transports drugs to an inmate in custody. La Lohan didn't willingly go to jail last night!

Judges don't take kindly to arrestees whose crimes occur so close together -- so it's quite possible that the proverbial book will be thrown at her. In a worst case scenario, Lilo could face SIX YEARS in jail!

www.tmz.com

Also - it was not the first assistant - it was the second - same source

Old 07-24-2007, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I think the PA threatened Lohan with bad publicity...
at this point, i don't think threatening occurred nor is necessary. lohan is walking bad publicity each time she does something or opens her mouth -- on her own accord! yes, in light of the recent photos that surfaced i'm sure it's possible but i'm highly doubting it. i'd be interested to know how long this pa has been employed by lohan. something tells me its only been recently and perhaps, this girl wasn't used to cutting lines of blow and polishing shot glasses. jmo. i mean, for christs sakes -- her MOTHER picked her up.

i have a feeling the pa saw the drugs and decided, "**** this. i'm out of here." because you know that somehow, someway, it would get flipped that those around her are the ones poisoning her, etc. a la britney spears. why? because these girls cannot take responsibility for their own actions -- more importantly, their crew of cronies who only serve as hangers-on don't want her to.

i dare say in the wake of her new film, this could either help or hinder -- people will either go opening day to see the trainwreck (because i'm certain she was all kinds of cracked out while filming) or the latest stint of a poor little rich girl with problems will turn people off and no one will go.

she needs some serious therapy and a stint in jail -- a lengthy stint. also, i think her mother needs some counseling. she's too busy trying to turn her children into goldmines.

Last edited by GardenStateGirlie; 07-24-2007 at 01:29 PM..
Old 07-24-2007, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Oh puke, I'm not going to pity her. My kingdom for her "problems".
As Stevie once so gallantly said in Gold Dust Woman, "You don't want to see it."
Old 07-24-2007, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
What she did is dumb as hell. But I'm not going to be all ****ed in my head and start name calling people with substance abuse problems that they obviously have no control over.
No control? That's debatable. If that were the case, nobody would ever beat their addiction. I'm not saying she's IN control, but she made the choice to drive while under the influence. The drugs & booze didn't force her to get behind the wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
she'el be dead soon. and as far as I'm concerned Dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out babe!
Wow. I'm no big fan, but I don't want her dead or anything.

Quote:
I'm sick and tired of these celebrities getting chance after chance. AS far as Im concerned shes a waste of space, and I stand by that statement 100%. Dont like it, too bad
Quote:
Interestingly, you just dealt publicly with a horrid and violent relationship based on substance abuse if not addiction - that seemingly would have shown you how people in that situation are controlled by the drugs, etc.

Also, what chance after chance has she been given? She got a DUI and now she has another. She was released on bail, just like anyone else likely could have done. She will go to trial and face the consequences. So, I fail to see what special treatment is she being given?
I don't get the "chance after chance" thing either.

Quote:
Look, I'm not saying go out and kill her, but if she ends up dead from these problems, I absololutely will not feel sorry for her one bit. ANd I DO NOT apppreciate you referencing my relationship. How dare you go there?
Quote:
ONe time. Because I was going thru a very difficult period at that time. Normally I dont like talking about person things like that all that much. That dozens of times she claims Ive talked it about it a flat out lie!

Yes, you started a thread ONE time, but you've discussed it many more times in other threads. David, I'm sorry, but you have talked about several aspects of your personal life may times, this one included. I know way more about you than I care to - Derek, your weight issues, where you work, what kind of doctors you see, medications you take, etc. If you don't want people to know personal details about you, then keep your mouth shut. If you choose to share personal details of your life on a public message board, then people can do & say whatever they'd like about it.
Banned

Quote:
As Stevie once so gallantly said in Gold Dust Woman, "You don't want to see it."
She also said ~Take your silver spoon and dig your grave~. What's your point?
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
jesus, are you kidding me? even coming from you that's shockingly crass.
Yes. It really is.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She also said ~Take your silver spoon and dig your grave~. What's your point?
And - she almost did didn't she?

Maybe Lohan is living the live of La Nicks instead of acting it on screen.

Old 07-24-2007, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes. It really is.
not to change the subject but i just noticed your sig -- i saw john mayer the other night and he was nothing short of amazing -- belief was out of this world good
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
. . . Yes, you started a thread ONE time, but you've discussed it many more times in other threads. David, I'm sorry, but you have talked about several aspects of your personal life may times, this one included. I know way more about you than I care to - Derek, your weight issues, where you work, what kind of doctors you see, medications you take, etc. If you don't want people to know personal details about you, then keep your mouth shut. If you choose to share personal details of your life on a public message board, then people can do & say whatever they'd like about it.
I agree - and, for the record, I was not throwing anything in David's face about that. I was just shocked at the lack of empathy usually seen in friends and partners of addicts.

Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I have this funny feeling the PA saw the drugs and walked out after a hissy cat fight - I think the PA threatened Lohan with bad publicity or private pics when leaving and, thus, the chase.
Agreed. And Lohan was in no state of mind to be reasonable. Hence the outcome.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
Britney had her breaking point at one time also. Lohan might not shave her head, but sooner or later she'll do something to retaliate.
If OK Magazine's upcoming cover story (in which Britney cooperated) is to be believed, Britney's breaking point hasn't really ended. No, this could be more her Whitney Houston on Diane Sawyer moment.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
ANd I DO NOT apppreciate you referencing my relationship. How dare you go there?
Well honey, you're the one who made it public.