User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-08-2007, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
The Dems don't have the votes in the Senate. We hold it by that one tenuous vote. It's going to take more that the for or five Repubs who are losing faith in him now to do it. I'd rather see them impeach Cheney. That would make Pelosi vice president. That would put a hitch in their git along and be funny as hell to wach.
oh YEAH! I like that idea

and the bonus? ol Monkeyboy wouldnt have his "backbone" any more!
Old 07-08-2007, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Pelosi and Judge Judy make a good team.They will make these idiots heads roll.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 07-08-2007, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I think Pelosi and Judge Judy make a good team.They will make these idiots heads roll.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

Quote:
That would make Pelosi vice president.
I don't think that's true. Pelosi is 3rd in line to be President but that doesn't make her 2nd in line to be VP. If Cheney is impeached, then Bush chooses a new VP. And Cheney would resign before being impeached anyway.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My how the tables have turned. Welcome to reality folks. It's better here in the light.

No this congress cannot multitask. Perhaps if they put in a full work week.

I say impeach because they were very very wrong. Even though it will take a lot of resources and such I agree with BW on the issue of accountability. You can't avoid doing what's right because it's going to be too hard.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cheney is basically running the country anyways, Bush is only a figurehead. Impeaching is just stupid, it wastes taxpayers dollars, and now that he only has until 1.21.09 [give or take a day] left, it would be just stupid to do it now. and taking him out wont end the war, so if that was the major motivation for doing it it wouldnt make any sense. and no I am not a Bush supporter, so dont think that im trying to defend him, I am just trying to state the reality of it. I agree he is probably one of the worst presidents our country has had, pushing us into Iraq, and making stupid decisions, but theres nothing the public [us] can do about it
Old 07-08-2007, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickypt View Post
I don't think that's true. Pelosi is 3rd in line to be President but that doesn't make her 2nd in line to be VP. If Cheney is impeached, then Bush chooses a new VP. And Cheney would resign before being impeached anyway.

Presidential Succession Act of 1947 (Amended)

(As Amended)
US Code as of: 01/23/00

Sec. 19. Vacancy in offices of both President and Vice President; officers eligible to act

(a)
(1) If, by reason of death, resignation, removal from office, inability, or failure to qualify, there is neither a President nor Vice President to discharge the powers and duties of the office of President, then the Speaker of the House of Representatives shall, upon his resignation as Speaker and as Representative in Congress, act as President.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd love to see the Bush Administration go down in flames in history books with the strong word of impeachment. Forever.

Yes, it would take time and resources, but a lot of political and economic damage can happen during his 18 months that can have a greater effect later in time and that will be hard for the next administration to resolve.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislit18 View Post
Cheney is basically running the country anyways, Bush is only a figurehead. Impeaching is just stupid, it wastes taxpayers dollars, and now that he only has until 1.21.09 [give or take a day] left, it would be just stupid to do it now. and taking him out wont end the war, so if that was the major motivation for doing it it wouldnt make any sense. and no I am not a Bush supporter, so dont think that im trying to defend him, I am just trying to state the reality of it. I agree he is probably one of the worst presidents our country has had, pushing us into Iraq, and making stupid decisions, but theres nothing the public [us] can do about it
There is actually ALOT we can do about it. Playing weak and powerless
should never be an option. Apethetic thinking is what got us all here in
the first place.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
...sounds good to me.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
There is actually ALOT we can do about it. Playing weak and powerless
should never be an option. Apethetic thinking is what got us all here in
the first place.
We were cowed by 9/11. They had us right where they wanted us. When America looked to it's president for guidance, he told us to go shopping.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

Quote:
Presidential Succession Act of 1947 (Amended)

(As Amended)
US Code as of: 01/23/00

Sec. 19. Vacancy in offices of both President and Vice President; officers eligible to act

(a)
(1) If, by reason of death, resignation, removal from office, inability, or failure to qualify, there is neither a President nor Vice President to discharge the powers and duties of the office of President, then the Speaker of the House of Representatives shall, upon his resignation as Speaker and as Representative in Congress, act as President.
That is succession of President in the case of both President and Vice-President removed from office or being killed, etc. That's when Speaker becomes President. But if only the VP position becomes vacant, the President names the successor.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislit18 View Post
Impeaching isn't stupid; it is a vital and treasured recourse in a democracy. As for wasting taxpayer dollars, it's not like Congress is getting a hell of a lot done these days, so I'm fine with them spending some of my $$ to get to the truth and hold Bush/Cheney accountable.

You're right about motives. If it's just to get them out of office or end the war, impeachment isn't the way to go. If it's to get to some truth and help ensure all of this never happens again, then I support it.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Impeaching isn't stupid; it is a vital and treasured recourse in a democracy. As for wasting taxpayer dollars, it's not like Congress is getting a hell of a lot done these days, so I'm fine with them spending some of my $$ to get to the truth and hold Bush/Cheney accountable.

You're right about motives. If it's just to get them out of office or end the war, impeachment isn't the way to go. If it's to get to some truth and help ensure all of this never happens again, then I support it.
"THANK YOU!"
Old 07-08-2007, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
That is succession of President in the case of both President and Vice-President removed from office or being killed, etc. That's when Speaker becomes President. But if only the VP position becomes vacant, the President names the successor.
Congress would have to approve it.
ON EDIT: You are correct. It's spelled out in the 25th amendment. I should have known that. Oh well, it's not like we go around impeaching the vice president every day.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 07-08-2007 at 11:46 PM..