User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-07-2004, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Peter plays in Norway!!!

Hi everyone!

As I mentioned in another thread, Peter is playing two gigs with The British Blues Masters (Kim Simmonds etc...) at the Norwegian "Notodden Blues Festival".

John Mayall also played there, and got the award "Notodden Blues Price" for his involvement in blues music.

As I promised, I would check the TV, radio and newspapers for reviews of the British Blues Masters gigs. Yesterday one of the national newspapers had an article about Mayall and the award he got. Mayall was interviewed outdoors at the festival area, and not far from John Mayall was Peter Green!!

The interviewer had a quick chat with Peter (since the article was about Mayall). Peter was sitting together with the Norwegian folk music fiddler Knut Buen. Peter told the interviewer that he didn't remember all that much from his quick time with the Bluesbreakers, but that he thought it was nice to have it in his CV (What a wonderful sense of humour!)

There was a photo of Peter and the fiddler too, which I've attached here. Peter looking good and relaxed, with cool sun glasses! I really hope he'll make it through all this trouble going on. He looks very happy at the picture.

Under the photo it said that Peter wasn't that interested in Norwegian folk music, but he was curious if the fiddler could play any arabic or chinese music with the Hardanger fiddle. I wonder what Peter's next recording project will sound like?? How about him doing a little bit of sitar playing? I'll buy anything!!!

Daniel
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Peter Notodden bf.jpg (94.2 KB, 85 views)
Old 08-07-2004, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talking How cool!

He looks very happy there! I hope he is and hope everything is okay with the Splinter Group stuff.

Thanks for posting!
Old 08-07-2004, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the update on Peter at the Blues Festival, Daniel. He does look very relaxed in that photo, and I hope that's a good sign for his health.

I'm hoping to go see him at the San Francisco Blues Festival next month, but I'm not sure yet whether my schedule will permit it. If I am able to go, I'll be able to give everyone a first-hand report and maybe a photo or two! Is anyone else in the group thinking about attending the SF Blues Festival?
Old 08-08-2004, 09:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here are some photos I found of Peter and the band at Notodden Blue Festival. No pictures of him playing the guitar, I'm afraid. I'm still looking for more photos.

Daniel
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1__British-Bluesmasters1.jpg (27.4 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg 7__British-Bluesmasters2.jpg (23.1 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg 8__Peter-Green1.jpg (29.9 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg 9__Peter-Green2.jpg (30.6 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg 10__Peter-Green3.jpg (23.0 KB, 65 views)
Old 08-08-2004, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default thanks!

dansvan! thanks for posting the pictures and info. the best news i have heard in months.

sharksfan2000 i will try to make the sf festival as i live in the bay area. if so will also report.

everyone should note that there are 3 known US dates for the band- the portland and southern california dates preceed the sf festival by a couple of days. i 've forgotten the exact dates check kim simmonds' site. best to all, zero
Old 08-09-2004, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I find that the two "British Blues Masters" gigs with Peter only got minor space in the news. The main focus is John Mayall. I think Mayall played on the big festival arena, but Peter and the band played at a small club.

Mayall got 4 on the dice for his concert. I haven't found any reviews for Peter's gigs, but they were mentioned in a small article, and I'm afraid it wasn't that positive. The article said that Peter fumbled with the guitar, and that the band wasn't very tight and rehearsed.

I don't know what it means... Maybe the band wasn't right for Peter... Or maybe the author just didn't know much about Peter Green. If you wish to see fast and furious "guitar hero" playing, a Peter Green concert isn't the place to be!!

I'm looking forward to hear from some of you about the SF gig.

Daniel
Old 08-09-2004, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I send a couple of more photos from the concert. I found these in another newspaper. Also here I read that the band did not sound very tight, although they had an authentic sound.

Appearantly The British Blues Masters were booked for the festival long ago, but Peter joined the group only a week before the festival (wich I think was theit first gig with Peter). Maybe that explains why Peter was a bit confused according to the newspaper. The band announced that they would be touring over the world with members to come and go.

This newspaper also had what I would consider sad news. When it was set that Peter would come to the festival, his lawyer contacted the leaders of the festival. He asked if they could get Peter a guitar for the concert. Of course they could, but why?? Because Peter didn't own a guitar himself anymore!!!

I fear this has something too do with contracts, court case, legal issues, and all that sh*t! It makes me mad when I hear about it! The guy had about 100 guitars a few months ago!!

The red Gibson guitar on the photos is the one the festival gave him. There is also a photo with him and Mayall signing a guitar together. That is a more happy story. Peter didn't want to sign it until Mayall was present, and Mayall refused to sign until Peter was finished with the sound check. It was something they had planned to do together. Peter DOES look good at these pictures after all.

Daniel
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 49-historisk_441732g.jpg (27.9 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg NBF04-Bluesmasters_440649g.jpg (31.1 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg NBF04-Peter_Green_440644e.jpg (23.8 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg 51-nytt_441715g.jpg (26.7 KB, 72 views)
Old 08-09-2004, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the updates and the new photos, Daniel. Sounds like both good and bad news about Peter. I can't believe he doesn't have his own guitars - as you say, it sounds like some sort of legal issue. Maybe the lawyers are saying Peter's guitars are not technically "owned" by him (there might be some other legal entity that is the actual owner?) so he can't use them right now? I wish all the lawyers would leave him alone!

Peter does look good in these photos and it's good to seem him playing guitar. Great photo of him with Mayall too! Hopefully the band will tighten up their set as they are able to play together more.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:14 AM
Ledgie

Default Peter's Guitars

My guess is that Peter's guitars are safe and well at his home in Surrey, but since leaving the Splinter Group he seems to have been whisked away to Norway/Sweden where he seems to be relaxing and chilling out. The problem is his guitars and amps are back here in England hence the need to borrow in order to play. I think his lawyers/guardians are reluctant for him to come back home while the courts are trying to sort out the fiasco between the Splinter Group and Peter, in case he is got at so to speak by the band and their Lawyers.
Anyway thats my take on the Situation. Anyone know any different?
Lets hope things are sorted out soon for the best in Peter's case, and that he can settle down and resume his recording and playing career.

Blue Horizon.
P.S. Yes, Peter does look well in the photographs which is a good sign. Many thanks dansven for posting those.
Old 08-11-2004, 06:09 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default Peter

When Peter was taken out of the band by the guardianship office at the end of last year it was sudden and unexpected. The band were in shock because at the Jazz Cafe he had really played well. I spoke to him there and he was looking forward to future tours with PGSG. He was removed from England and left his house in Surrey where had a lot of guitars plus loads in storage and at other places. I guess when he went he went quickly, a travellin' man, no guitar. He was secreted back to London for the Albert Hall concert and by all accounts it was a disaster and it was obvious he needed the comfort of his regular team behind him but that wasnt to be because of the legal wrangles which are still going on.
It maybe that he was taken/went at his own request to scandinavia and that is why he is playing and maybe living there now.
No-one in the band has heard from him since his departure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansven
I send a couple of more photos from the concert. I found these in another newspaper. Also here I read that the band did not sound very tight, although they had an authentic sound.

Appearantly The British Blues Masters were booked for the festival long ago, but Peter joined the group only a week before the festival (wich I think was theit first gig with Peter). Maybe that explains why Peter was a bit confused according to the newspaper. The band announced that they would be touring over the world with members to come and go.

This newspaper also had what I would consider sad news. When it was set that Peter would come to the festival, his lawyer contacted the leaders of the festival. He asked if they could get Peter a guitar for the concert. Of course they could, but why?? Because Peter didn't own a guitar himself anymore!!!

I fear this has something too do with contracts, court case, legal issues, and all that sh*t! It makes me mad when I hear about it! The guy had about 100 guitars a few months ago!!

The red Gibson guitar on the photos is the one the festival gave him. There is also a photo with him and Mayall signing a guitar together. That is a more happy story. Peter didn't want to sign it until Mayall was present, and Mayall refused to sign until Peter was finished with the sound check. It was something they had planned to do together. Peter DOES look good at these pictures after all.

Daniel
Old 08-11-2004, 04:48 PM
Ledgie

I'm living in Stockholm, Sweden and I was just wondering..
Where in Sweden do they keep Peter? Cause, I haven't seen or heard anything about him concerning this, and I'm seeing pretty lots of people in blues circles over here..
Old 08-12-2004, 07:55 AM
Ledgie

Default Where's Peter?

Hi Cussion,
Can't really help you there. But Sharksfan2000 posted on 03/29/04 quoting a article in the uk 'Mail on Sunday' which said:

"Friends tracked him to Sweden, where he had been for three months with the agency's full knowledge. The PGO said it acted to safeguard the guitarist, but some claim it 'kidnapped' him to break his links with the band."

Do let us know if you get any further news on Peter or his whereabouts.

Blue Horizon.
Old 08-13-2004, 04:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I know that he spent his holiday near Stavanger, a town at the south west coast of Norway, back in 1999 or 2000. He said that he would have liked to have a summer house there and live there suring summers, so maybe.......
Old 08-13-2004, 05:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That's so good that he appears to be healthy, it would be great to have some more detailed news though.

Tynan
Old 09-02-2004, 05:54 AM
Ledgie

Default British Blues Allstars with Peter

Hi,

there are some more Photos from the Notodden gig on Gary Fletcher's web site. Gary played bass on this gig.

http://www.garyfletchermusic.co.uk/photos.htm

Roland