User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-07-2006, 04:58 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Kim Simmonds meets Peter Green in Sweden in 2005

Hi from Poland,
I've found a little detail from Greeny's life in Sweden.
http://www.savoybrown.com/kimletter.htm

July 1, 2005

Hi,

After last months touring schedule I'm feeling more than a little queasy. The Chicago Blues Festival was quite an occasion...I just wish my amplifier had been working properly...the electrical buzz was amazing. I guess we have the Sears Tower to blame. But all went well with guest Bob Hall blazing up the piano keys. The next day it was on to an acoustic appearance at a different stage with Bob and then a quick overnight flight to Sweden to play at the Sweden Rock Festival. Now that was quite the occasion too. Motley Crue headlined and it seemed the whole world was dressed in black. We played a separate stage and had a wonderful crowd of fans who came specifically to see the band. Next year I hope to take the group back to Sweden for the Jazz and Blues festival. One other thing...when I got back to the hotel later that night who was waiting in the lobby to say hello? None other than Peter Green. Peter lives in Sweden and is looked after by Miss J a good friend of ours. She kindly brought Peter along. We had a good chat about our days back in London when my brother Harry managed me and about old girlfriends and listening to old Bobby Parker records. Then it was on to Germany and a run of festivals there. The progressive rock band, Caravan, were on one of the bills and an old Savoy Brown member from the "Boogie Brother" days, Jimmy Leverton, was playing bass for the band. We had a fun time remembering those old days and I enjoyed watching Jimmy play again. He also played with Fat Mattress in the 60's and also played with Steve Marriot's Packet Of Three. I'm hoping we will stay in touch. Back home changes were in the air and with Dave Malachowski departing I found myself looking at another band line-up. This time I will continue with my remaining members and simply morph into a three-piece group once again. I enjoy that format because it allows me all sorts of freedom to blast away on the guitar...now that's what I'm talking about! This weekend I'm off to Hawaii on a solo acoustic trip...next week it's rehearsals with the band...hope to see you all soon at a gig.

Let music make our lives a little sweeter,

Kim Simmonds
NY, July 1, 2005
Old 12-09-2006, 03:43 AM
Ledgie

Psia krew,
nice to read that

Dzien dobry to the foot of the Carpation mountains (ex-A-H, right?); this stuff here

http://cgi.ebay.de/Gebirgsschinken-a...QQcmdZViewItem

is wonderfull

Last edited by Karl-Heinz; 12-09-2006 at 04:31 AM.. Reason: Forgot sth :-)
Old 12-09-2006, 06:11 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl-Heinz View Post
Psia krew,
nice to read that

Dzien dobry to the foot of the Carpation mountains (ex-A-H, right?); this stuff here

http://cgi.ebay.de/Gebirgsschinken-a...QQcmdZViewItem

is wonderfull
Guten Tag, Karl-Heinz )
Not only Polish (Galizien) food is wonderfull ) But a piece of Carpatian Mountains - BIESZCZADY ( in the corner of Poland ) are for me one the most beautiful place in the world. I go there if I only have time. I highly recommend to visit this place )
BTW it's fine you know some Polish words ))
Regards and Auf Wiedersehen
Krzysztof
Old 12-09-2006, 06:44 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowk View Post
Guten Tag, Karl-Heinz )
Not only Polish (Galizien) food is wonderfull ) But a piece of Carpatian Mountains - BIESZCZADY ( in the corner of Poland ) are for me one the most beautiful place in the world. I go there if I only have time. I highly recommend to visit this place )
BTW it's fine you know some Polish words ))
Regards and Auf Wiedersehen
Krzysztof
Hi again, I have a Polnish penfriend from Krakow who is just like me a collector of
http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/digkonyv/topo/3felmeres.htm

maps of the c.i.r. time. Besides he's hiking often in the area you mentiones

miłego weekendu!

Karl-Heinz