Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-21-2006, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Peter Green Documentary being filmed

Saw this posted elsewhere, from the 21 October Brighton Argus:

Fleetwood Mac founder in town for TV show

A GUITAR genius who wrote a string of Sixties classics is being filmed for a documentary about his life.

Peter Green, the driving force behind Fleetwood Mac's early success, is staying at his brother Mike's house in Peacehaven to prepare for the shoot.

The documentary, Man Of The World, is expected to delve into the personal history of the troubled star, who dropped out of the limelight after the end of the 1960s.

Mike recalled how when he was 16 and Peter was ten, he taught him to play the guitar as they both dreamed of success. He said: "I wrote the songs and he wrote the instrumentals.

"We just recorded them on a tape recorder. We used to send them off to EMI, and they used to send them back."

Mike later wrote a comeback hit for Peter, Little Dreamer, which charted at number 34 in 1980.

The pair are set to relive their boyhood partnership by performing Albatross together for the cameras when the programme-makers visit his house on Monday.

It was Fleetwood Mac's biggest hit with Peter as leader and became the biggest-selling instrumental song ever.

Peter, now 60, has just received an award for the four millionth radio playing of Black Magic Woman, and is in talks with members of Fleetwood Mac about reforming the original line-up.

Mike, now 65, says Peter now wants to move to Sussex.

The one-hour documentary is to be screened next year.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is GREAT news! Thanks for posting, sharksfan!!
I can't wait to see this!
Old 10-21-2006, 04:47 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default I don't belive it!

Call me paranoid but....
I wrote a piece about Ronnie Lane and called it "Passing Show". I sent it to the brother of a guy who was doing a documentary about him. When the finished show was aired it was called "Passing Show" and although it contained a whole lot more than I had gathered together I would love to have done my bit... for free.
I enjoyed researching and writing it so much that I started to do the same for my great hero Peter Green. I have shown it to no-one so there is no conspiracy theory here but I had titled it ... You guessed it. "Man of the World".
I live in Watford and in one of my locals The Horns there is a signed guitar in a glass case. Has anyone any idea of the origin of this guitar?
Do you know where in Peacehaven Mike lives as I know the area quite well.
This is my first posting ( I have been waiting to be activated) so indulge this rambling message, the rest will be more concise.
my last question is, as I have been out of the loop for a while and I gather that Splinter Group is no more and relations are strained between Nigel and Peter can you or anyone else fill me in without brining the full wrath of the law upon our heads.

I'll shut up now.
CLP
Old 10-21-2006, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well my heart pretty much skipped a beat when I read this. I hope to high heaven this will happen. It would be my 2nd biggest dream of all time... my first having already been fulfilled and that was to shake Stevie's hand during Edge of 17. I'm ready...
Old 10-22-2006, 06:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 View Post
Peter, now 60, has just received an award for the four millionth radio playing of Black Magic Woman, and is in talks with members of Fleetwood Mac about reforming the original line-up.
OMG!

Now if we could only get Peter Green and Jeremy Spencer plus Bob Welch, Danny Kirwin, Dave Walker, Bob Weston, Billy Burnette, Rick Vito, Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks & Christine McVie to do one huge double album together (perhaps as a closer to the chapter that is Fleetwood Mac) - I would be in heaven
Old 10-22-2006, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyluva View Post
OMG!

Now if we could only get Peter Green and Jeremy Spencer plus Bob Welch, Danny Kirwin, Dave Walker, Bob Weston, Billy Burnette, Rick Vito, Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks & Christine McVie to do one huge double album together (perhaps as a closer to the chapter that is Fleetwood Mac) - I would be in heaven
Somehow I miss two names: (Mick) Fleetwood and (John)McVie
Old 10-23-2006, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Danny Kirwin

K-i-r-w-a-n
Old 10-23-2006, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Hello from Italy,

As far as I'm concerned, the forthcoming Tv documentary is a reality.

Infact Martin Celmins is doing a filmed interview for it Next Friday in London

Stay Green and happy!

Mario.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That's great to have confirmation about the documentary from you, Mario. As we all know, you can't believe everything you read in the newspapers!
Old 10-23-2006, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
Hello from Italy,

As far as I'm concerned, the forthcoming Tv documentary is a reality.

Infact Martin Celmins is doing a filmed interview for it Next Friday in London...
Mario.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 View Post
That's great to have confirmation about the documentary from you, Mario. As we all know, you can't believe everything you read in the newspapers!
great to hear that martin c is to be interviewed. he has done right by peter for a very long time now. i very much hope that the tone of the documentary follows martin's lead.

i'm surprised that peter is interested in participating in the documentarty but i guess it is a good thing that he's so inclined.

i don't quite believe everything that is in the newspaper story. for example, i thought it was pete that wrote 'little dreamer'. so, is he is seriously considering being involved in a reformation of the original fleetwood mac? we've discussed the positives and negatives of this a number of times here so no need to get into that. but i wonder, mario or joe, if you have recent news about this?

zero
Old 10-23-2006, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
K-i-r-w-a-n
God, you're so anal
Old 10-27-2006, 08:32 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk View Post
Somehow I miss two names: (Mick) Fleetwood and (John)McVie

Seriously though - this is great news.
Old 10-28-2006, 01:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
God, you're so anal
Well, at least you got MY name right.
Old 11-05-2006, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope this will mean more exposure for Green's songs and Man Of The World in particular. It was great to see him included in that Blues series a couple of years ago, the Red White and Blues episode which also had Jeff Beck playing with Tom Jones, and Lulu coming off like Etta James was something nicely surprising too.

Really looking forward to seeing this.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default BBC documentary

A documentary first broadcast in the BBC series "The Works" in October 1996 looking at Peter Green's comeback is now upped at http://www.dimeadozen.org

//Z