Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-08-2004, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mystery to Me question

I was browsing around the vinyl room of my college's radio station last night while my friend had her show, and I found all the Fleetwood Mac LPs. I was tempted to take them with me, but that, of course, would be wrong.

I found Mystery to Me, and noticed on the back that instead of "For Your Love" listed, it had "Good Things Come (To Those Who Wait)". Next to it, though, someone had written ("For Your Love").

I'm guessing this was an advance or a promo copy. Anyone know the story behind this?

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 02-08-2004, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it can be an actually quite common copy. Many copies (as I read) were pressed with the title of a Bob Welch tune, "Good Things (Come To Those Who Wait)", which never came out in the end, because, very close to the releasing date, Bob Weston suggested that the song would be replaced for the "For Your Love" cover which supposedly could mean a hit for the band.

"Good Things (Come To Those Who Wait)" remains officialy unreleased as I understand, even though many vinyl copies of Mystery To Me have that 'original' tracklisting which never went out.

Corrections are welcome.

Song of the moment - Love That Burns
Old 02-08-2004, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Those copies that have "Good Things Come To Those Who Wait" on the back cover are collector's items. Unfortunately, I would think if there is writing on the cover, that would detract from its value. Most vinyl copies of Mystery To Me have "For Your Love" on the back cover. I have a mint copy of the early LP with "Good Things Come To Those Who Wait" on the back cover as well as 2 additional later copies with "For Your Love" on the back cover.

By the way, Bob Welch did a solo version of this song. It's called "Don't Wait Too Long" and it's on his Three Hearts album. Christine does backing vocals on the song. It's a good song, too.
Old 02-09-2004, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is sort of O/T, but both of my vinyl copies of MTM have Good Things printed on the lyric insert, but not on the back cover. Would that one be worth anything? Just curious.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just in that you GOT a lyric insert with a non-"Good Things" cover. Most of the reprinted covers didn't have the lyric insert.

In Welch's Q&A, he said that "Don't Wait Too Long" was almost a carbon copy of "Good Things Come To Those Who Wait"...which seems odd, since "DWTL" (as is) doesn't sound like it would've fit the flow of the MTM album (and "For Your Love" actually does; or maybe I'm just so conditioned to hearing it)...maybe the original recording did, though.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My MTM has the Good Things on the lyric insert, and For Your Love on the album.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:40 PM
Ledgie

Default Good Things Come to Those Who Wait

When attending the FM gig at Earls Court on 29/11/03, I went to an Irish Pub before the concert close to the venue. Written on one of the wooden beams overhead in quite large writing was 'Good Things Come to Those Who Wait' which I thought was rather Ironic.

Blue Horizon.