User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-15-2010, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talking Pets... show and tell!

Since we're all sharing pictures of ourselves and children lately, I figured we could continue the trend and share our pets!

This is Nigel... he's been in my life now for 4 wonderful years. He's about the sweetest (and dopiest) creature on earth. He got his name because he is an English breed (Cairn Terrier... just like Toto!), and when he was a baby he was so fat he couldn't walk right and would fall down. So I was trying to think of what a fat, drunken, English man's name would be and... NIGEL!

That's a very recent pic of my handsome little boy!

My other half LOVES messing with Nigel because he is so laid back .

Bath time for babies!

Me and my fierce little killer!
Old 02-15-2010, 12:42 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Louie - I had the same dog growing up... this pic is way old though (Sometime in 2000 I think). His name was DUDE. Best dog ever.

Old 02-15-2010, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Louie, Nigel is soooo adorable!!!!!
Old 02-15-2010, 01:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mine is on the left. She is named Roja. When I found her she had very little fur due to mange. Terrible condition, but now she's as good as new.

It was cold out that night.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My ex Derek and I had this little red minature Dachsund thta I absolutely fell in love with. I really miss that little guy. His nae is Clay. Right now I have 2 cats and a dog. The one cat is an orange tabby names Norman and hes my little buddy. He's 12 now and still going strong. When I went to the humane society to look for a cat back in 1998 I saw him in his kennel and he was purring so loud that I just couldnt resist. We went into the visiting room, and he came right to me and fell asleep in my arms. We've had him now for 12 years and I cant even put into words what that little guy means to me.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Nemo

the black one= eko (the guy from lost)
we dont have him anymore

the brown and white one was kitty.
we gave him to my aunt who ended up letting him outside so now he's a permanent outdoor cat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg l_f9910a53d04ab850f52f773270237f6a.jpg (4.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg l_235adaf08dafb23381485c0937a463e4.jpg (27.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg n536128339_1676653_3360268.jpg (8.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg n536128339_1676652_3735612.jpg (8.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 02-15-2010, 04:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have an amazing Border Collie named Stoney - he's ace! I miss him right now though because he's the family dog and lives with my parents a few hours away. I'm looking for pics of him on the computer to post right now...

We got him when he was 4 weeks old, a bit too young to have been taken from his mother but he was part of a litter of puppies and his mother;s owner had to give them away asap as she had to leave the country by the end of the month due to visa issues. Anyway, my older brother wasn;t living with us at the time and he came round to the house and said to me "close your eyes and hold out your hands"... Now, being a seasoned younger subling by then I was a bit nervous, who knows what he was gonna do?! but I was not expecting this tiny little ball of fluff that he put there! He was soooo cute and for the next few weeks you had to watch where you were walking etc because he'd get in the way, and he wouldn;t walk more than a few steps and you had to pick him up... and then this little head would be looking out the top of your coat, haha!

Of course that soon stopped and it became nearly impossible to tire him out! Border Collies are sooo smart and he was a bit too clever for his own good at times, but he has been the BEST dog! A lot of work/exercise when he was younger though but his temperament is just lovely. He loves everyone! Anyone that will sit and pay him attention, especially new people, are friends for life.

He's 12 now and not quite as crazy, and although he looks a good few years younger and is in great health the vet had warned us that in the next couple of years he'll start to show signs of his age.... how will we cope?!
Old 02-15-2010, 07:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

N'awww I love dogs!

I've got a house rabbit called Gwen, a tortoise called Alfie and a cat called Frankie.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 02-15-2010, 07:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

We are a five pet household. We started out with just the two sisters (Soda and Pepsi), then adopted Cola from a rescue centre, and found Solo as a 12 week old feral kitten at the back of McDonalds. In April last year we adopted Bailey the dog from the local dog pound (we had put our previous dog to sleep a couple of weeks before we rescued Bailey).

Left to right - Soda, Cola, Pepsi

Solo (very appropriately named)

Our newest edition Bailey the Maltese X all dressed up and ready for a walk in winter!
Old 02-15-2010, 09:44 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post

Adorable! I had a rabbit when I was a kid, they're the sweetest animals. And mine used to have the same "relax" position as yours in the pic. Yours looks as if it had buttcheeks, it's hilarious
Old 02-15-2010, 10:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have a turtle, he's 5 years now. I found him on my driveway in 4th grade when he was about the size of a quarter. We nurtured him back to life(he was basically dead) and now he's MINE!! his name is Junior. I wish i could take a pic of him, but he freaks out if a camera gets too close to the tank and.will.kill.me. LOL......oh and i forgot!!!!!! For my last year's science project, i tested heavy metal and classic rock on Junior to see if his eating, urinary habits changed, etc. And when i played "World Turning" he did this absolutely ADORABLE dance in his tank! I so wish i was able to film it!

SN: 4/6/11
I met my angel: 3/31/09
Old 02-15-2010, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Aww, adorable bunny! I have one too, a Holland Lop named Chitlin'.

He's my little baby...
Old 02-15-2010, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have a great dog, Max, who is 5 years old. He is a Cocker Spainel/Poodle mix. He's so cute and we all love him so much. Louie, he looks like he is the same size as your cute doggy. There is a picture of him in my profile here on the ledge when you click my username.

I also have about 17 hermit crabs. I got 2 of them almost 6 years ago in Ocean City. Turns out they need more than a little wire cage to live. Right now I've got them in 2 tanks, a 40 gallon and a 20. A couple years ago I adopted 5 hermit crabs, and thought that was the perfect oppurtunity to name them all after the Rumours 5.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Photobucket

this is my baby girl, Jewel. she's my everything
Old 02-15-2010, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelluversu View Post

the black one= eko (the guy from lost)
we dont have him anymore
I love black cats. This one was a beauty. Sorry he's gone. I know you must miss him.