Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-21-2021, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I hope they are DONE. If Lindsey ever held hands with $tevie onstage again, I would literally puke coat hangers. Stupid old hag.
I agree. But it really would not be any different from the last several tours. She could not stand him and he loved to tweek her when he could. It was a beautiful tit for tat situation. Sadly people bought the phony B.S. for so many years and would write here and other places that when they looked at each other on stage, you could tell they were in love.
I tell this story all the time but I saw Stevie get so pissed at Lindsey on the OWTS tour in Miami. She was telling her LONG Gypsy story and was rambling in the old and early days they opened for CCR and they could not get to the gig because their car broke down. Lindsey clearly was thinking...you need to cut this long and rambling story off so when she said the car broke down, he somehow made his guitar honk like a car horn. Stevie stopped mid-sentence and looked at Lindsey and said......did you just do that? Why did you do that? My story is too long? She abruptly stopped the story and just walked away when the music to Gypsy started. The rest of the night she never even looked at Lindsey and it was one of the shows where Stevie did not come out to talk to the audience after the concert.
I get frustrated because literally EVERY show is on youtube but for some reason not much of Miami OWTS and I just wish someone captured this moment because it was jaw dropping and gave an insight to the friction between them. Never saw a verbal confrontation on stage before. She was pissed.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-21-2021 at 11:16 AM..
Old 03-21-2021, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I agree. But it really would not be any different from the last several tours. She could not stand him and he loved to tweek her when he could. It was a beautiful tit for tat situation. Sadly people bought the phony B.S. for so many years and would write here and other places that when they looked at each other on stage, you could tell they were in love.
I tell this story all the time but I saw Stevie get so pissed at Lindsey on the OWTS tour in Miami. She was telling her LONG Gypsy story and was rambling in the old and early days they opened for CCR and they could not get to the gig because their car broke down. Lindsey clearly was thinking...you need to cut this long and rambling story off so when she said the car broke down, he somehow made his guitar honk like a car horn. Stevie stopped mid-sentence and looked at Lindsey and said......did you just do that? Why did you do that? My story is too long? She abruptly stopped the story and just walked away when the music to Gypsy started. The rest of the night she never even looked at Lindsey and it was one of the shows where Stevie did not come out to talk to the audience after the concert.
I get frustrated because literally EVERY show is on youtube but for some reason not much of Miami OWTS and I just wish someone captured this moment because it was jaw dropping and gave an insight to the friction between them. Never saw a verbal confrontation on stage before. She was pissed.
There's no denying he liked to push her buttons. But $he's an idiot, and drones on and on, so who can blame him? I think the car horn thing is HILARIOUS. "Hey $tevie, why don't you just STFU?"
Old 03-21-2021, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
it's clear that she has no sense of humor when it comes to herself. and while she might be hypersensitized and way-over-the-top annoyed when Lindsey gently teases her, he's not the only one she gets so annoyed with. remember how she hated Rod Stewart by the end of their tour? i always remember that one interview with her and Rod before the tour started and Rod was gently teasing about their old crazy days. she did not think that was a joke. she has a narrative about herself that she doesn't allow anyone to tease or joke about. (and every time she gets pissed at someone for some innocent joke, the loudest of her fans throw tons of hate at that person. to this day you will see Stevie fans posts how Rod "disrespected her."

and the same about Lindsey teasing during Gypsy speech. probably why she made sure he was not on 2018 tour - she wanted full respect and attention of everyone on stage. not some silly teasing between Lindsey, Christine and Mick while she's telling some half-made-up story from the past.

being at too many FM shows between 3013 and 2015, i saw bunch of similar Stevie-Lindsey "confrontations" on stage. she hated when he paid attention to anyone but her. he was not there for the fans, he was there for her and that fact he didn't want to get that obviously drove her nuts. everyone else apparently got the message after the firing ("you can be next!") so on fakewood 2018-19 tour they were all quiet and easting her sh*t. therefore, it was such a "happy" tour, as long as you don't hear backstage stories.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-21-2021, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I wish the very worst for both Mick and Stevie. Poverty, loneliness. I truly do. Yet, if I am saying farewell to the band forever, I do want them there. But they could then drop dead directly after the final bow.

Like, “be good to each other. Ack!” Thump. The end.
i missed you so much! your writing style, sarcasm and dry sense of humor adds so much around here.

and i know i know you will say you were serious and meant every word.

i know i said it many times before, but if by any chance Lindsey really rejoins FM while Stevie is still in it, i really hope my wish to see Lindsey while still possible will not override my contempt for his willingness to eat sh*t for no good reason. i will not go. i saw the 5 in 2014-15 and it was great. but i don't need to waste my time and tons of money on that bs anymore.

while i understand John going in 2019 because he wanted to see / meet Christine, i have no ruch rationale to see LB with backstabbers.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-21-2021, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

i know i said it many times before, but if by any chance Lindsey really rejoins FM while Stevie is still in it, i really hope my wish to see Lindsey while still possible will not override my contempt for his willingness to eat sh*t for no good reason. i will not go. i saw the 5 in 2014-15 and it was great. but i don't need to waste my time and tons of money on that bs anymore.

while i understand John going in 2019 because he wanted to see / meet Christine, i have no ruch rationale to see LB with backstabbers.
THIS. Because it's over. It's too late for reparations. The grave has been dug.

If he went back, it would be beyond ridiculous. I wouldn't go if it was free.
Old 03-21-2021, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I don't wish them dead or harm. Let them live with their power hungry, money hungry personalities. Wishing harm for someone can bite you in the ass. Don't tempt the fates, just let the karma hit in her ghosting buttocks.
Karma is really overrated. I have seldom seen it balance the scales. These days, I hear people constantly saying, “this will hurt his/her legacy.” And I think to myself, “What! No, I am going to need more than their legacy hurt.”
Old 03-21-2021, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
it's clear that she has no sense of humor when it comes to herself. and while she might be hypersensitized and way-over-the-top annoyed when Lindsey gently teases her, he's not the only one she gets so annoyed with. remember how she hated Rod Stewart by the end of their tour? i always remember that one interview with her and Rod before the tour started and Rod was gently teasing about their old crazy days. she did not think that was a joke. she has a narrative about herself that she doesn't allow anyone to tease or joke about. (and every time she gets pissed at someone for some innocent joke, the loudest of her fans throw tons of hate at that person. to this day you will see Stevie fans posts how Rod "disrespected her."

and the same about Lindsey teasing during Gypsy speech. probably why she made sure he was not on 2018 tour - she wanted full respect and attention of everyone on stage. not some silly teasing between Lindsey, Christine and Mick while she's telling some half-made-up story from the past.

being at too many FM shows between 3013 and 2015, i saw bunch of similar Stevie-Lindsey "confrontations" on stage. she hated when he paid attention to anyone but her. he was not there for the fans, he was there for her and that fact he didn't want to get that obviously drove her nuts. everyone else apparently got the message after the firing ("you can be next!") so on fakewood 2018-19 tour they were all quiet and easting her sh*t. therefore, it was such a "happy" tour, as long as you don't hear backstage stories.
someone needs to spill
Old 03-21-2021, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Video interview with Mick.
Interviewer asks about Lindsey, not Neil...not Mike
https://mobile.twitter.com/TheTodayS...87185850241027
Old 03-21-2021, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
THIS. Because it's over. It's too late for reparations. The grave has been dug.

If he went back, it would be beyond ridiculous. I wouldn't go if it was free.
I don't think a reunion tour will happen. I don't see any of them with the energy not only to pursue a long tour but to also tolerate each other anymore. I haven't seen the 5 in any tour, so even if it would look fake (and we all know it will) I'd still take it and dream it's 2014-15 again.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-22-2021, 04:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick's going to be interviewed on Zoe Ball's Breakfast Show on BBC Radio 1 tomorrow morning, continuing his rounds...
Old 03-22-2021, 09:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
Mick's going to be interviewed on Zoe Ball's Breakfast Show on BBC Radio 1 tomorrow morning, continuing his rounds...
Thanks for the nod...
Early breakfast, then..
Old 03-22-2021, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Karma is really overrated. I have seldom seen it balance the scales. These days, I hear people constantly saying, “this will hurt his/her legacy.” And I think to myself, “What! No, I am going to need more than their legacy hurt.”
See what happens when I try and lie and be nice!!!
Old 03-22-2021, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Video interview with Mick.
Interviewer asks about Lindsey, not Neil...not Mike
https://mobile.twitter.com/TheTodayS...87185850241027
Mick said that he and Lindsey had “buried the hatchet,” and I thought, “Yeah, in somebody’s back!”

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-22-2021, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Mick said that he and Lindsey had “buried the hatchet,” and I thought, “Yeah, in somebody’s back!”
No, that was Mick and $tevie.
Old 03-22-2021, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This shows how wacko she is. For 99.9% of people in this world this would just be a bit of harmless fun...a bit of banter. Laugh it off. Smile. Give a menacing but playful stare. Shake your finger. Giggle a bit. Move on.
Not her.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood