Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-12-2018, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Keep that HO out of my town!

Just $ay NO to $tevie!
If there's flooding, just grab her cheeks as a floating device.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
If there's flooding, just grab her cheeks as a floating device.
Since she has her fake boobs removed, her jelly filled cheeks might be my only chance...

Nah, I think Mama's concealing quite the jelly filled donut belly. Imma grabbing that!
Old 09-12-2018, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Are moderators really endorsing calling people hoes?

Last edited by Nathan; 09-12-2018 at 01:13 PM..
Old 09-12-2018, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabellee View Post
The value of these Meet & Greets will always be subjective. What's a good value for one person might not be for another. There's no reason to be disparaging to the fan or artist.
Yes, thank you, this is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I think Mr. Feetwood is going to have a very hard time moving these outside of the markets with rich folks who have money to burn.

It will be a rude awakening for him. I hope he attributes it to Lindsey backlash.
You might be right. I was surprised to get emails about this about all, considering M&G tickets went on sales months ago - just a week or two after regular tickets were released, if I recall correctly. So the fact that there are still enough of them left to warrant this push might mea not great sales. Oh well! $600 is too much.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
They are endorsing having a sense of humor. You know this site isn't for the weak minded. But seriously, have a laugh. You've been here a long time. Joke around a little. It's contagious.
Old 09-12-2018, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Seems to depend on the moderator. Some seem to make a real effort to be professional and stay very neutral on the issues and some gleefully join in on some of the more lowbrow conduct.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Seems to depend on the moderator. Some seem to make a real effort to be professional and stay very neutral on the issues and some gleefully join in on some of the more lowbrow conduct.
Whats a good value for one person might not be for another. I was attacked since day 1 by those very neutral and professional moderators. Thank you very much.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:00 AM

Quote:
You can call me by name. I don't bite. And I own the fact that sometimes I'm lowbrow. But sometimes you guys make me laugh with the jokes. I mean FMac is pretty funny when you look at it. I like to have fun.

I'm open to critique. And I will take your sentiment into account. What I don't like, is when folks start getting mad because they can't control the dialogue. Mainly, when it comes to saying anything critical about Stevie. Go to some Stevie boards on FB. Everyone has to have the same opinion. i.e. worship. As much as some posters want that here, it's not going to happen unless ownership/admin changes. In the meantime, I still respect the fans that worship her. I just don't get it, but differing opinions are healthy.

Anyway, you are always welcome to PM me, Feather. A lot of people do.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Whats a good value for one person might not be for another. I was attacked since day 1 by those very neutral and professional moderators. Thank you very much.
I have never attacked you. And don't accuse me of being professional.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My mom bought me a ticket. I know everyone is mad at Mick right now but he seems like a nice guy.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
My mom bought me a ticket. I know everyone is mad at Mick right now but he seems like a nice guy.
Nice mom!! My mom bought me a ticket to Christine McVie 1984 solo show. I had to pay for my LIndsey Buckingham OOTC tour. I was older.
Old 09-13-2018, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They are endorsing having a sense of humor. You know this site isn't for the weak minded. But seriously, have a laugh. You've been here a long time. Joke around a little. It's contagious.
You're a lot less funny than you think. The same can be said (and has been said) for Homer McVie.

I think what's particularly weak-minded is calling band members hoes. Even more so, is thinking that it's a real knee-slapper.

Quote:
Gleefully and lowbrow are exactly the right words. Thank you.
Old 09-13-2018, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You can call me by name. I don't bite. And I own the fact that sometimes I'm lowbrow. But sometimes you guys make me laugh with the jokes. I mean FMac is pretty funny when you look at it. I like to have fun.

I'm open to critique. And I will take your sentiment into account. What I don't like, is when folks start getting mad because they can't control the dialogue. Mainly, when it comes to saying anything critical about Stevie. Go to some Stevie boards on FB. Everyone has to have the same opinion. i.e. worship. As much as some posters want that here, it's not going to happen unless ownership/admin changes. In the meantime, I still respect the fans that worship her. I just don't get it, but differing opinions are healthy.

Yes, yes, and yes. I totally agree.

And, personally, I find your humor absolutely delightful jbrownsjr. You make me laugh out loud, as do many other's on this board. And yet I understand that many of the comments are in jest, and truly just funny comments.

Just don't try and shove Neil Finn down my throat. I lose all sense of humor at that.

FM has reduced themselves to a humorous band scenario. It's either that, or cry like a baby at what they have done. Yes, I have cried like a baby regarding their current state, but it is far more fun to sit back and chuckle.

So to all of you jesters, keep it up, I think you are awesome!!
Old 09-13-2018, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

We certainly need the humour here because being a fan of Fleetwood Mac is generally very devout of humour most of the time but there needs to be more fairness, less bias to members you personally like and increased objectivity to how comments can offend others.

Nasty comments about band members weight and appearance (I seldom notice that the male members of FM are negatively critiqued), previous drug abuse, sexual history, reproductive choices or even comparisons to leaders of genocide shouldn't really in this day in age be tolerated or overlooked.

I think the problem some members have John is at what point will you say enoughs enough and make a stand and agree that some comments are simply not funny and are both cruel and offensive to others particularly with posters who do this relentlessly.

I don't think it can simply be put that it's just Stevie fans that get frustated on this board by comments, LB gets equally attacked for his previous aggressive behaviour by many members but regardless of who gets the most, a lot of this language is not funny and is offensive and is continually tolerated.

Of course I have now realised I am also guilty of this myself and am not simply pointing fingers. Someone last week mentioned introducing drugs back to the band since their Ellen performance was so appalling. I found this hilarious but noted later others did not and were bothered and offended by that. That UPSET me, as that is not my motivation here and it made me rethink what I say and post.....this should be the way others think and behave surely...lets all keep it comical but there is no need to be motivated to offend and to do that repeatedly over and over, that's just school yard behaviour.....

Be kind, be funny but be considerate
Old 09-13-2018, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have never attacked you. And don't accuse me of being professional.
Haha! You KNOW I wasn't talking about you!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.