The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:20 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default "Gift of 'screams'" cd questions!

GOS.jpg

GOSbc.jpgHi guys...I have a random question. All the talk about GOS unreleased tracks, got me to pull out an old CD I bought about 10 years ago. I THINK I bought it before FM's "Say You Will" came out, because I remember some of the songs on that album were already familiar to me via this bootleg. I recall I got it at a used CD store in my local area that also gets boots. I scored a great quality CD of Buckingham Nicks there too. Anyway, this CD I have is weird....see attached picture. It's called "Gift Of Screams". All the tracks are titled with some nonsense title based on lyrics probably (mis)heard. I think most of you probably know this release. "Deep Dense" was not on there though. Neither was "Shuffle Riff" or one or two others. My question is who has this, and if you do, does yours start to get this annoying "skipping"/"ticking" noise during Bleed To Love Her, thru to the end of the CD? I always hated this, but if I remember correctly, every CD they had in the store was tested in front of me and they all had this problem. Just wondering who among you got a decent recording. And what are the origins of this CD? It looked to be professionally made. At the time, it was so worth it to get, as 10 years ago not everything was on the Internet, and these were all "new" tracks for me! I had given up hope that Lindsey would put out a solo album. I certainly never thought I'd see the day where I'd go to his solo shows!! And just look at us now

Last edited by AbbiJoy78; 06-26-2012 at 02:25 PM.. Reason: added back cover track list
Old 06-26-2012, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbiJoy78 View Post
Attachment 11143

Attachment 11144Hi guys...I have a random question. All the talk about GOS unreleased tracks, got me to pull out an old CD I bought about 10 years ago. I THINK I bought it before FM's "Say You Will" came out, because I remember some of the songs on that album were already familiar to me via this bootleg. I recall I got it at a used CD store in my local area that also gets boots. I scored a great quality CD of Buckingham Nicks there too. Anyway, this CD I have is weird....see attached picture. It's called "Gift Of Screams". All the tracks are titled with some nonsense title based on lyrics probably (mis)heard. I think most of you probably know this release. "Deep Dense" was not on there though. Neither was "Shuffle Riff" or one or two others. My question is who has this, and if you do, does yours start to get this annoying "skipping"/"ticking" noise during Bleed To Love Her, thru to the end of the CD? I always hated this, but if I remember correctly, every CD they had in the store was tested in front of me and they all had this problem. Just wondering who among you got a decent recording. And what are the origins of this CD? It looked to be professionally made. At the time, it was so worth it to get, as 10 years ago not everything was on the Internet, and these were all "new" tracks for me! I had given up hope that Lindsey would put out a solo album. I certainly never thought I'd see the day where I'd go to his solo shows!! And just look at us now
seems to be the same as GOS 2001 tracks. did i send you the link to all those songs? if not let me know...
Old 06-26-2012, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

actually sorry - i'm looking at the track order now and it's def different than what people were sharing online as GOS bootleg (which had 18 songs, and no Deep Dense)... even with messed up names.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:55 PM
Senior Ledgie

Does NOBODY have this CD? Has anyone even heard of it?? LOL
Old 06-27-2012, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've heard of it yes, i believe it was offered on Ebay once and everyone had a good laugh at the song titles.
The unreleased GOS i have does not have the skipping/ticking sound you describe but i cannot for the life of me remember where i d/l it from
But as the credits read "lyrics transcribed by www.buckinghamnicks.net and www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com" probably that's also where i d/l from.

It came with a booklet and lyrics and contains 17 songs :
1.someone's gotta change your mind
2.miranda
3.steal yr heart away
4.red rover
5.she smiled sweetly
6.come
7.down on rodeo
8.gotta get away
9.try for the sun
10.shuffle riff
11.murrow
12.gos
13.btlh
14.tof
15.go insane
16.say goodbye
17.the singer not the song

Deep Dense and Given Thing are on the Village Recorder Demos' which you can find on Throwndown.net :

http://lvps87-230-78-245.dedicated.h...pe.de/home.php

Life is like a box of chocolates : full of nuts
Old 06-27-2012, 02:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thank you so much Suzy! That is cool. One question...what song is "tof?
Old 06-27-2012, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Twist of fate (=Place to Fade officially)
and that's what i've been singing - and still sing - all these years

Life is like a box of chocolates : full of nuts
Old 06-27-2012, 02:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

LOL, the Cd calls this "Light My Way". I also sing "twist of fate". That's what was always clear to me. Thanks again!!