Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-23-2003, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac Rocks!!!!

How could anyone not like Fleetwood Mac? I am so obsessed with them. I can't even listen to anyone else's records because they are not half as good as anything by FM. Has anyone had this experience? I literally just listen to Fleetwood Mac and Stevie's solo stuff. I can't listen to anything else because it is no match to Fleetwood Mac's greatness.

Any other obsessive things you have? Here are some of mine:

I can't listen to a Stevie song without spining/twirling around (which is really weird because I am a guy! I don't tell anyone of course...)

I even listen to them while I am in the shower!

If someone says something that remotely sound like it came from a fleetwood mac song I will start spewing lyrics from my head.

Even though I have all their albums I can't go to a music store without taking a peek!

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 11-23-2003, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac Rocks!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by diamondsnake

Any other obsessive things you have? Here are some of mine:

I can't listen to a Stevie song without spining/twirling around (which is really weird because I am a guy! I don't tell anyone of course...)

I even listen to them while I am in the shower!

If someone says something that remotely sound like it came from a fleetwood mac song I will start spewing lyrics from my head.

Even though I have all their albums I can't go to a music store without taking a peek!
I'm like that too. So I'm a little obsessive (Ok, A LOT!), it's healthy, isn't it?

- I have been known to spin on occasion during Stand Back (only the parts where she does!)

- My first stop at Best Buy is the F section, shortly followed by the N and B sections. Sometimes even the M sections in the hope that something of Christine's will be there. To no avail usually.

- They are almost all I listen to. With the exception of The Beatles/McCartney, Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd.
Old 11-23-2003, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm obsessed too! I've been listening to so much Fleetwood Mac lately yet I never get sick of it. The other day I went shopping and it seemed like everything revolved around the Mac. At the music store I looked under F, N, B just to see if there was anything new. Then I went to the book store to see if they had the Mojo magazine in yet which they didn't. I also looked for Mac books. Then as I was clothes shopping I was looking for Stevie type clothes and did find a pretty cool sheer black top. What else would I be doing with my time?
Old 11-23-2003, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

It's a certified ailment.

My mate is going to Aspen in a few days to work at a ski resort, and I mused with my friend as to whether he'll end up writing any timeless hit songs while looking out over the snow-covered hills.
Old 11-23-2003, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, I do the Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks check at music stores just in case. I also spew out the lyrics of a song if someone mentions something that sounds like it (although I do this with MANY songs, not just FM). My most excessive point of obsessiveness, however, lies in my inability to stay silent while a Fleetwood Mac or solo song is on. I just HAVE to sing along. I'm a madman in the car too, because I get so into the passion of the song like Stevie and begin belting at the top of my lungs as I'm doing 70 down the highway. Then, you know, there's the restaurant or other places where it comes on and everyone just looks at me because I have to sing at least a LITTLE piece of the song. Can't help the singing...
Old 11-24-2003, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I do all these things... I'm a guy, sadly I admit to the spinning, hope my crush won't find out.... I wonder what she'd say.....
Old 11-24-2003, 07:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't worry Diamondsnake - I think there are many a "closet spinner" on this board!!!!! Come on - fess up!!!!!!!!

Jason - a professed chiffonhead and proud male spinner!!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 11-24-2003, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
Don't worry Diamondsnake - I think there are many a "closet spinner" on this board!!!!! Come on - fess up!!!!!!!!

Guilty as charged

adam
Old 11-24-2003, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hear a few notes of a Mac song out at a store or a restaurant and I know what song it is and start singing. My ex thought this was very freaky because he is a musician and he couldn't pick up on them like this. He'd always ask, "How did you even hear that?" Stevie always comes through to me over the din. :-) I walked into my office cafeteria this afternoon and Rhiannon was playing. Ahh, I always feel comforted when I hear Stevie out in public, like all is right with the world!

Another thing I'll do is sing Stevie songs from memory while in the shower, usually Sara, Storms, Gypsy, or Silver Springs.

Stevie rocks!!!
Old 11-24-2003, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I agree, the male-spinners can't be that bad if we are all fessing up....

And didn't Jack Black start twirling around during EO17 in that movie this summer?

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 11-24-2003, 05:00 PM
joe

Quote:
ok....i admit it.....i tried it once and i thought i was going to pass out from dizziness. i give much credit to stevie. i have an issue with spinning....i never even liked those rides at the amusement parks that spin you round and round.

yes, i still check the stores for new cds....although i don't know why and i feel stupid doing so....but every once in a while i will find something i didn't have like one of those obscure tribute records.
Old 11-24-2003, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess it's now or never to admit...I am a guy and I DO spin at times...when I'm really in the mood. Or I'll use a random item as a microphone and pretend I'm a Mac member at a concert...yes, sad I know, but if nobody's looking...why not?

Shamus
Old 11-24-2003, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by ShamHy89
I guess it's now or never to admit...I am a guy and I DO spin at times...when I'm really in the mood. Or I'll use a random item as a microphone and pretend I'm a Mac member at a concert...yes, sad I know, but if nobody's looking...why not?

Shamus
I do the same thing! Sometimes when I am listening to a FM record and there is something, like a broom stick, handy I go crazy!

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 11-24-2003, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I do the "check the F, B, M and N sections" thing as well.

I use the term "cycle" at least twice a day.

I make random refferences to Lindsey in my English assignments. Or Lindsey-ish statements, such as "No one falls into a simple set of lables".

I keep buying countless copies of Rumours while at the thrift store.

If Rhiannon comes on the radio, I get *real* into it and at the end and start screaming "And I DON'T CHANGE, and BABY YOU DON'T CHANGE, it's ALLLLL the SAAAA-HAAAAME, RHIAAAANON!", because I *heart* the bootleg versions so much and rarely listen to the original. heh.
Old 11-25-2003, 06:26 AM
Senior Ledgie

One thing I have a habit of doing is when I am in a record store I will rearrrange the whole shelf just so FM/Stevie/Lindsey are in the front. Sometimes while doing this I will be asked by another patron "do u work here"?