Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-16-2004, 12:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie's "I Dream Of Gennie" Hand Motions

Did anyone else notice the excessive Gennie in a Bottle hand motions Stevie made instead of saying Thank you after each song. It was like a bow and a "thank you very much" to the audience and she does it after almost every song.

What is this about? I've never seen her do this before. I just think it is strange that she did it repeatedly throughout the Boston DVD and has never made those motions before.

Edit: This is in no way a put down to Stevie, I am just bringing up something I noticed during the dvd. I love these little hand motions and her twirls as much as the next guy... I am just bring up something I had never noticed before.

We were frail...
Save us...

Last edited by diamondsnake; 06-16-2004 at 02:17 PM..
Old 06-16-2004, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default reply

She can do whatever the hell she wants with the money she has.

And by the way whats with you always ragging on stevie. Everytime you post something about stevie thats more on the downside. Sorry it was bugging me and I had to bring it up.
Old 06-16-2004, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsnake
Did anyone else notice the excessive Gennie in a Bottle hand motions Stevie made instead of saying Thank you after each song. It was like a bow and a "thank you very much" to the audience and she does it after almost every song.

What is this about? I've never seen her do this before. I just think it is strange that she did it repeatedly throughout the Boston DVD.
She's attempting to summon the spirits of the damned as they writhe in eternal torment.

At least I think that's what she's doing. . . .

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-16-2004, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover
What does that have to do with anything?

Quote:

And by the way whats with you always ragging on stevie. Everytime you post something about stevie thats more on the downside. Sorry it was bugging me and I had to bring it up.
Pot meet kettle
Old 06-16-2004, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsnake

What is this about? I've never seen her do this before. I just think it is strange that she did it repeatedly throughout the Boston DVD.
I haven't seen the DVD yet, but I noticed that Stevie has been using a lot more hand gestures and movements in general this tour. I like the little things she's added to songs with her little hand movements, but I think you're referring to something else here.
Old 06-16-2004, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Hand motions..

I happen to love all of Stevie's little hand motions. She has been doing them alot more lately and they just add something to songs like Rhiannon and GDW. Those types of things are just what makes Stevie, Stevie. She is unique and mysterious and all those little idiosynchrisies are what I love about her. She is the only one who can get away with stuff like that without looking very odd. Any other performer who tried to wear capes and turn her back to the audience and extend their arms or even twirl , would look foolish or like a Stevie wannabe. I adore all those little things she does and the more she does them, the more excited I get, cause I know she is happy and into the show.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 06-16-2004, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
I happen to love all of Stevie's little hand motions. She has been doing them alot more lately and they just add something to songs like Rhiannon and GDW. Those types of things are just what makes Stevie, Stevie. She is unique and mysterious and all those little idiosynchrisies are what I love about her. She is the only one who can get away with stuff like that without looking very odd. Any other performer who tried to wear capes and turn her back to the audience and extend their arms or even twirl , would look foolish or like a Stevie wannabe. I adore all those little things she does and the more she does them, the more excited I get, cause I know she is happy and into the show.
I'm with you. I love the wrist things she does in the Stand Back video, and I love her air-drumming during Stand Back in the Boston show.
She always knows how to pose her hands in photos, too.

- Jake
Old 06-16-2004, 01:50 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly

All Stevie has to do is turn her back to the audience and extend her arms and the crowd goes WILD. She hardly has to move at all. It's kind of amazing that the smallest thing she does on stage creates such a reaction from the audience.

And I think her hand motions are cute. Especially during SYW. It always reminds me of that song I hear in dueling piano bars, something about joy to the world, all the boys and girls, joy to the fishes, etc, and there is a little set of hand motions that go along with it.
Old 06-16-2004, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

When do I ever "rag" on Stevie? Most people on this board get mad at me for holding her up too high. I was just saying that I noticed this little gesture on the dvd and had never seen her do that before so I thought I would bring it up.

Again, what the hell do you mean I "rag" on Stevie? I love Stevie Nicks! I never say anything bad about her. In fact, I didn't even state my opinion when I said she made those little hand motions, I just was saying that I had never seen her do that before. I never said Stevie looked foolish or lame or anything. I think they are great! I was just confused that she did it so often on this dvd and never made these gestures at any of the shows I went to this tour.

But please, AliceLover, I dare you to find one word I have written on this whole message board that is negative towards Stevie. Take a look, you can find every thread from the last two years on this board... and you won't find anything that I have said that is rude towards Stevie.

We were frail...
Save us...

Last edited by diamondsnake; 06-16-2004 at 02:24 PM..
Old 06-16-2004, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cour
Pot meet kettle

Old 06-17-2004, 03:06 PM

pay no attention to the troll
Old 06-17-2004, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Girl
All Stevie has to do is turn her back to the audience and extend her arms and the crowd goes WILD. She hardly has to move at all. It's kind of amazing that the smallest thing she does on stage creates such a reaction from the audience.
2 related sentences I found from past reviews: "The only woman capable of sending 17,000 people into a trance with a simple twirl proved Wednesday night that even at age 53, the stage is her world."

"One of the few people on the planet who can drop 17,000 jaws in admiration with a simple 360 spin, Nicks wasted no time giving fans some of their Fleetwood Mac favorites."
Old 06-17-2004, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie...

did a ton of hand gestures last night, It was a very more animated Stevie than usual (The video projection screens on both sides of the stage clearly showed her gestures as she sang thoughout the night)...Maybe she was feeding off the energy of the Dallas crowd.

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 06-17-2004, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Who's Gennie?