User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-09-2003, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by diamondsnake
Where do you get the last minute ticket, online? Or just right before you head in to the venue, at the ticket booth?
Ticketmaster stops selling tickets online the day of the concert usually sometime in the afternoon. You have to go to the venue to try to get last minute tickets. I've headed to the box office in the afternoon and have just waited around for a couple of hours till they have released better tickets. I got lucky and got 1st row but I'm sure I won't always be that lucky.
Old 12-10-2003, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
About getting tickets a week to a few hours before the show, how would I do that?
This is where the laptop in the motel/hotel is useful. You'll need be online to check Ticketmaster's site (and the Ledge for ticket alerts) to see if any new seats show up. But it's best to start at least a week before the show to see what you'll be working with.

It's a good idea to have a backup seat (a ticket you purchased earlier) just in case you can't find anything better. You can always sell the ticket later on eBay or to someone before the show.

Quote:
Would I need to purchase them online and check frequently for good seats?
Yeah, definitely recommended if you want to be close to the stage.

Quote:
Also, how do I know when I have found the best seats and that they aren't going to get much better?
You should shoot for 5th row or better. If nothing comes up a few hours before the show, the chances are the seats aren't going to get better. The best thing to do is to start early, one week ahead, and check the Ledge, as other fans are checking the site at different times of the day and will post alerts.

Quote:
Has it ever happened where you waited too long and no good seats were available?
My friend found a 3rd row seat for Portland, which she purchased a day before the show. Ten minutes later, a 2nd row seat came up, so she ended up buying that as well. I'm sure she could have sold the 3rd show seat, but she chose to take the loss because selling it was inconvenient for her. You take a chance. But if you're already that close, you'll probably be at the stage anyway by the end of the show as everyone always moves foward

Quote:
Do I just go up to the ticket stand before the concert and ask for their best ticket or what? Also, is it illegal to purchase tickets from someone just selling them on the street?
I'm not sure what the legal issues are, but if you're just looking to unload the tickets (e.g. face value or less), no one really cares. I don't believe that's considered scalping (selling above face value) anyway. Just be discreet and stay away from security.

Quote:
How can I use my laptop in a motel? Do they have connections in a motel or a computer room with all the hook ups? Also, don't most motels have a computer room where you can go on the web?
Nicer hotels have computers with internet access. Not so sure about motels. The ones I visited this past summer did not. But all motels have phone jacks and that's what you'll need to connect from your computer (modem required) to the internet (via dial-up connection). Beware of toll charges, as many motels charge for making any calls. The other options are public libraries (free), Kinkos (fee) and internet cafes (fee).

Quote:
About the planes being overbooked, what if my flight got delayed and I didn't make it in time for the concert? That would be a horror story! Has this happened to anyone?
I was 20 minutes late to a Fleetwood Mac show in 1997 because of traffic. But never for a delayed flight. For the first attempt, I'd recommend flying in a day before the concert to account for potential delays. Otherwise, try a morning flight and go from there. If the weather is bad, scrap the idea altogether. The voucher plan usually works best on Thursday, Friday and Sunday, which are busier travel days.
Old 12-10-2003, 01:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default on debit cards

I have a debit card with the visa logo so yeah it can be used as a credit card, in fact I have had some people swipe it in as a credit cards only to ask me after if I wanted it used as a debit card
As for being alone, just be careful, there are a lot of weirdos out there. Have fun
Old 12-10-2003, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I am not above going alone either. In fact, it could be a really fun experience to just head out on the open road alone. With just me and a huge collection of Fleetwood Mac CD's for the trip. Like a Fleetwood Mac spiritual experience, you know?
(In Homer Simpson voice)...Hmmm, spiritual Fleetwood Mac experience...

That sounds really good to me now that the school semester is over, too bad they're abroad now .
Old 12-10-2003, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by golden braid
Ticketmaster stops selling tickets online the day of the concert usually sometime in the afternoon. You have to go to the venue to try to get last minute tickets. I've headed to the box office in the afternoon and have just waited around for a couple of hours till they have released better tickets. I got lucky and got 1st row but I'm sure I won't always be that lucky.
Still confused on one thing. If I head down to the venue in the afternoon and no good seats pop up, do I just keep going back to the counter every 10 minutes, or what? I wouldn't want to go up there and then repeat the process every few minutes, or is that what you have to do?

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 12-10-2003, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Still confused on one thing. If I head down to the venue in the afternoon and no good seats pop up, do I just keep going back to the counter every 10 minutes, or what? I wouldn't want to go up there and then repeat the process every few minutes, or is that what you have to do?
No. You go up once, maybe twice, an hour or so before the show to see if any last minute tickets pop up. It does happen occasionally. It's more luck than anything else to score a front row seat (or in that area) if you go up to the ticket window. But most fans don't think to ask. Most people who buy tickets at the window at the last minute are just that, last minute ticket buyers, not fans trying to take advantage of a secret tactic to get great seats. So be sure to ask, but be prepared if they don't actually have any good seats available.
Old 12-11-2003, 01:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
AND sometimes you meet large, loud, busy people like me who yank you into the front row!!!!!
Then where the hell were you in Chicago???
Old 12-11-2003, 06:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sara1998
Then where the hell were you in Chicago???
I was preparing to be large, loud, and busy the next night for the eve of the PBS taping!!! Cocktails Anyone!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world