Old 12-30-2011, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

this needs a bump...
Old 12-30-2011, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
this needs a bump...

Shut Us Down from Saban Theatre ( screen caps )...because I'm a fan, and I like these perspectives

Old 12-30-2011, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

More from Saban...

Old 12-30-2011, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

movin' in...

Must. Touch. Guitar.

Must. Touch. Foot.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Those screen caps are incredible. OMG, gotta go watch this DVD again!!!

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 03-06-2012, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default LB meeting a fan story

a nice story of a young fan meeting lindsey last fall during his SWS tour (originally shared and some additional details here http://www.facebook.com/groups/linds...roup_activity):

I met Lindsey in Vegas Oct. 14th. I have been listening to his music for the last 10 years, I learned to play the guitar from watching The Dance over and over again. This is extremely difficult because my right side is slightly paralyzed, I am disabled. Playing guitar increased my range of movement 75%. About 3 years ago I had an IQ to see where my seizure activity comes from. I had to define words, most of them I learned from watching Lindsey interviews. I beat 99.7% of all the girls who had taken it before me.

I had always wanted to see him live, but he always plays in bars where I'm from so I never was able to see him. We had been trying to meet him for 5 years but were always refused. I wrote him letters every month telling him that meeting him was my dream. My mom and I drove 7 hours to get to his show. When we got to the venue I was shaking so bad my mom had to help me walk to our seats (my disability also effects my legs). When Lindsey finally came on stage I started to bawl, finally, I had made it, only 2 rows a way. I sat in silence shaking, still shocked.

During Go Your Own Way people started to rush the stage. I asked my mom if we could go down but she said no because she didn't want me to fall. I was upset but I certainly understood her reason. after the song he started shaking people hands and signing things. I lost it shaking and crying, I deserved that too. my mom grabbed me by the arm and pulled me to the stage, we were only behind one person. Lindsey saw me at the end of Turn It On. During Treason he started singing TO ME! at the end of the song he mouthed "you, I was looking at you!" pointing to myself "me?" I asked. "YES you!!!" as he shook his head furiously.

After the Concert my Mom and I walked out. She asked me if I wanted an already signed CD I thanked her and said no, it just wouldn't be the same. we went and walked around the hotel. We saw Lindsey's semi and walked over. suddenly these beautiful Cadillacs pulled up, to get Lindsey I thought. all the sudden someone started to walk down the ramp, I knew right away it was Neale. My mom stopped him "you did great tonight" she said Neale thanked her. "This is my daughter." Neale said hello, my Mom told him my story "that is so cool, I've never heard this story before, but, you won't meet him right here honey, go inside and wait, he'll see you. The first time I spoke I said "thank you Neale, you're a wonderful person." "no love thank you" we took some pictures together.

My mom and I walked in the lobby and sat down, I sat Go Insane and Out of the Cradle on the table. All the other people started to leave and stand on the curb. We stayed, Neale told us to wait there we weren't moving. All the sudden Brett came around the corner, we talked to him for awhile, his respose was the same as Neale's. and then the door started to open Who ever it was pushed past everyone, it was Lindsey himself, with Neale in tow. "HEEEEY" Lindsey started to yell at Brett, Neale pointed at me discreety.

Lindsey walked straight to me, "hi, how are you?" I couldn't move. I looked down, and started to cry. "honey, this is Lindsey Buckingham say hi." Neale said. I looked up and said "I love you" "oh honey I love you too" Lindsey said as he hurried and wrapped his arms around me. He kissed me and ran his fingers through my hair, my mom told him my story as he held me. "I've never heard this before, 5 years? I never knew there was a little girl looking for me, I'm not that hard to track down. I would've met you 5 years ago, i'm so sorry you had to wait this long sweet heart, thank you so much for letting me be apart of your life for so long. I'm so happy I could help you. I really do mean it, I love you. Never letting me go and kissing my forehead over and over again. he stopped.

Do you want me to sign those?" seeing my albums on the table. "Yes please!!!" I said. he picked up Go insane. "wow, that's an old picture." Neale said, Lindsey laughed. "do you want a picture?" "oh sure" Lindsey and I took a picture together, than we took one with my mom. "we're going to make an album together one day Lindsey." I said. "send me a demo and we really will." he replied "Serious?" I asked. "of course I am." "I really like Kristen's designs." "You're so sweet, thank you." My mom asked "do you guys want to go to the mob exhibit with us tomorrow?" They all laughed. "We would if we weren't leaving!!!" We talked for a little while longer, then he said "well I have to go call home.

Get Neale's number and we'll get together next tour. Get that demo ready." He kissed me and my mom one last time, and walked to the elevators. My mom gave Neale her number and he placed it in a special pouch in his bag. Neale and Brett hugged me again. "I can't wait to see you again, have a safe trip home." Neale said. We said goodbye and went back to our hotel. I can't thank them enough for what they did for me, Lindsey saved my life.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ That brought a tear to me eye. Wonderful story. Just when I think that I can't love LB any more than I already do.....

Old 03-06-2012, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^ me too.
<333
Old 03-07-2012, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great story. Certainly a different side of Lindsey.

Michele
Old 03-07-2012, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Great story. Certainly a different side of Lindsey.
different?

he seems to be very warm and nice in fan encounters including a few i witnessed last fall.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
different?

he seems to be very warm and nice in fan encounters including a few i witnessed last fall.
Lindsey is a sweet guy to his fans! I had a fantastic experience with him. I know a lot of people who feel the same way, so I'm curious what Michele means as well.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 03-08-2012, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I certainly don't mean that he is generally hostile to his fans.

Michele