Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-21-2010, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Vito Appearing at Guitar Fest, May 1

The Tennessean
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...2/ZLEIPERSFORK

LEIPER'S FORK COMMUNITY -- Leiper’s Fork Village will host a one-of-a-kind free Guitar Fest from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, May 1 at Leiper’s Creek Gallery . Upwards of 100 priceless vintage and custom guitars will be on display.

The collections belong to individuals from Nashville to Houston, Tex., according to Paul Polycarpou and Aubrey Preston who are co-producing the event.

“These collections of guitars are not seen anywhere except in museums. We’ll have vintage Gibsons, Fenders, Martins and some signed guitars dating back to 1924. This iconic exhibition is unlike anything else, and it’s all for the joy and love of guitars,” said Aubrey.

In addition to the landmark exhibition, some of the best guitar players on the planet will be performing throughout the village from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Artists will perform in the eateries and shops. And at 3 p.m. a world class free concert takes place at Lawnchair Theatre.

(Be sure to remember to bring your lawn chair as no seating is in place there.)

Within the mix of celebrity players will be Larry Carlton, Rick Vito, Robben Ford, Reggie Young, Slide Blues great Colin Linden, classical virtuoso Virginia Luque and many more world class players, according to Paul.

Aubrey says other surprise artists will be involved, making this truly a historical event.

Rick Vito was part of the Fleetwood Mac and has toured with the likes of Bonnie Raitt and Eric Clapton. Robben Ford has performed with Joni Mitchell, Miles Davis, George Harrison and a constellation of other stars. Virginia Luque performs at Carneige Hall. Leiper’s Fork resident Larry Carlton is known around the globe.

“We’ll have the A team of guitar players,” says Paul.

In addition to the iconic collections of priceless guitars and the world class players, Guitar Fest will offer those in attendance opportunities to support the Save The Franklin Theatre effort.

“We’ll have Heritage Foundation people here to provide updates on the Theatre project, accept donations, offer opportunities to sign up to volunteer and be involved with this important effort. People here in Leiper’s Fork are very interested in the Franklin Theatre and those who come to see these guitars and players will be interested, also,” says Aubrey.

Long known for its creative events, Leiper’s Fork ups the ante with this Guitar Fest. It is a not to be missed day, filled with world class instruments and players. And it’s free.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Shame they didn't include Rick's work with the Grammy nominated MFBB.

When is the world going to take notice of that band?!?!?!
Old 04-23-2010, 07:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjpdg View Post
Shame they didn't include Rick's work with the Grammy nominated MFBB.

When is the world going to take notice of that band?!?!?!
Maybe when they actually release an album of all new material...
Old 04-24-2010, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Maybe when they actually release an album of all new material...
Ouch!!!!

Granted, I'd love a CD of all brand new material from MFBB, no doubt about it, but I'm extremely happy with "Blue Again" both on CD and DVD. It's awesome!!

As far as future material is concerned, I honestly think we're going to get a combo of new material and "updated" versions of PG era FM and maybe some classic blues standards. Just my opinion/dream.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"Ouch!!!" is right! But I have to agree....as much as I love Blue Again, I hope the MFBB doesn't stay a Peter Green Tribute band forever. (Sort of like some other band wants to stay a 'Rumours' band forever ). They'll probably always feature some of Peter's songs, but they could branch out a bit too. Rick's probably got lots of new songs, and there are plenty of blues classics that they could set afire in the studio - and even more so a live setting!

My fingers stay crossed that one of these days they'll do Rick's "I Can't Stop Rockin'" as part of their stage show. That song would blow the rafters off any venue.

EDIT: C'mon, wouldn't this song be great live?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu77jdDhD-M

Last edited by OldTimer; 04-25-2010 at 09:33 PM..
Old 04-26-2010, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...023/WILLIAMSON

Schedule of events

11 a.m. to 6 p.m.: Exhibition of rare guitars at Leiper’s Creek Gallery, 4144 Old Hillsboro Road.

11 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Guitar music inside shops in the Leiper’s Fork Historic District

3 p.m.: Concert at Lawnchair Theater featuring Larry Carlton, Rick Vito, Robben Ford, Reggie Young, Colin Linden, Virginia Luque and other special guests.

6 p.m.: Hot-air balloon launch with a “glow” after the flights (weather permitting).
Old 05-02-2010, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder if this event was canceled out by the terrible flooding in Tennessee? I think I saw Leiper's Fork listed as an area suffering major flooding problems.

Whatever you guys do, keep those valuable guitars safe! (Oh yeah, and the guitarists, too )

Hope all the Macsters living in that area are safely on high ground. And any Tenn. Ledgies, too -- do we have anyone there? And the rest of the populace too -- stay safe. Wishing you dry days and warm sun.