User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-08-2003, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Unhappy Thoughts about Danny

Danny wasn't a very "lighthearted" person, to say the least. He probably shouldn't have been drinking as much as he did, even at his young age. I always considered myself a "realist" and would try to have rational conversations with him, but he always seemed to respond with some kind of suspicion, as if there was a subtext to what I was saying. He was always very intense about his work, as I was, but he didn't seem to ever be able to distance himself from it....and laugh about it. Danny was the definition of "deadly serious" I don't think he had a very supportive or nurturing family background either, which is crucial for somebody with an artistic temperament as finely tuned as his.

I love this Bob Welch Q&A session as we get to ask about Danny and every time Bob talks about him, he says the same thing, Danny was VERY serious, no sense of humour really, intense, hard to work with and talk to, private....etc.

That fact that his family didn't support him is extremely sad. He was probably looking for "love" through his music and when the people you love the most don't support your love, you withdraw into the one thing that gives you the most happiness. People need encouragement when they are young so that they can have high self-esteem and be proud of their choices in life...if you don't have a loving, supporting family, what do you have?

Sad.
Old 08-09-2003, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Didn't he beat himself to a bloody pulp at one gig, and then mock the band from the crowd when he refused to play?
Old 08-10-2003, 06:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by EricBliss12345
Didn't he beat himself to a bloody pulp at one gig, and then mock the band from the crowd when he refused to play?
Yes, according to Mick's book, that was Danny's last show with Fleetwood Mac. He was fired from the band right after that incident.
Old 08-10-2003, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

I have a feeling Mick was exaggerating a little bit on the blood side of things but I'm sure the throwing the guitar against the wall and watching the show from the board deal is true though I've heard conflicting stories about whether he heckled them during the performance, critiqued then after the show or said "it was a good show" to them afterwards but whatever, Danny's music was and is great so that's all that matters to me personally anyways.

John