User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-24-2018, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
I'd rather they not play any Lindsey songs for the simple reason of opening up more spots for songs we haven't heard or haven't heard in a long time, but on the other hand; it would seem unrealistic that they would have a male singer and not give him much to do besides backup or duet singing. For that reason I imagine we will see some Lindsey songs. I hope not many. More deep cuts please.
I think Blue Letter should have taken its place. Lindsey led on it but didn't write it, it's a similar kind of vibe to SHN and there could have been some opportunities for harmonisation. Didn't Billy do it, back in 87/88? I suppose it would be retreading old ground, though even though that was 30 years (!) ago...
Old 09-24-2018, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
I think Blue Letter should have taken its place. Lindsey led on it but didn't write it, it's a similar kind of vibe to SHN and there could have been some opportunities for harmonisation. Didn't Billy do it, back in 87/88? I suppose it would be retreading old ground, though even though that was 30 years (!) ago...
Oh my, isn't that crazy? Let's hope time makes us bolder.
Old 09-24-2018, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
I'd rather they not play any Lindsey songs for the simple reason of opening up more spots for songs we haven't heard or haven't heard in a long time, but on the other hand; it would seem unrealistic that they would have a male singer and not give him much to do besides backup or duet singing. For that reason I imagine we will see some Lindsey songs. I hope not many. More deep cuts please.
Agreed. This new lineup gives the band a chance to "re-earth" some of those great songs from the pre-Lindsey years. They can certainly play some of the "hits" but why not add songs like "Hypnotized", "Oh Well", "Come a Little Bit Closer", "Dust", "For Your Love", "Green Manalishi". "Man of The World", "Sentimental Lady", "Spare a Little of Your Love", "Why", etc.
Old 09-24-2018, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Agreed. This new lineup gives the band a chance to "re-earth" some of those great songs from the pre-Lindsey years. They can certainly play some of the "hits" but why not add songs like "Hypnotized", "Oh Well", "Come a Little Bit Closer", "Dust", "For Your Love", "Green Manalishi". "Man of The World", "Sentimental Lady", "Spare a Little of Your Love", "Why", etc.
Sentimental Lady!
Old 09-24-2018, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Exactly - a cover like "Blue Letter" would have been a much better idea. If they must do Lindsey leads, they could use more discretion and tact with what they choose. I know Rumours is their biggest album, but they're already going to be doing "The Chain," "Dreams," "Gold Dust Woman", "Don't Stop", "You Make Loving Fun" (presumably) and "Go Your Own Way" (maybe "Songbird" if Christine is up to it). Do they really need "Second Hand News" as well? Watch them pull out "Never Going Back Again" for good measure.

Just when you think they can't disappoint you more...

Last edited by sodascouts; 09-24-2018 at 01:41 PM..
Old 09-24-2018, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Exactly - a cover like "Blue Letter" would have been a much better idea. If they must do Lindsey leads, they could use more discretion and tact with what they choose. I know Rumours is their biggest album, but they're already going to be doing "The Chain," "Dreams," "Gold Dust Woman", "Don't Stop", "You Make Loving Fun" (presumably) and "Go Your Own Way" (maybe "Songbird" if Christine is up to it). Do they really need "Second Hand News" as well? Watch them pull out "Never Going Back Again" for good measure.

Just when you think they can't disappoint you more...
Noooooo. The only upside to Lindsey getting the boot is we don't have to hear Never Going Back Again (actually if they played it 'properly' it might be quite welcome). To really put the boot in though, maybe they'll play Go Insane.
Joking aside, I can see them taking this opportunity to play I Don't Want To Know.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 09-24-2018, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wonder if one reason they did Second Hand News was because Neil wanted to? I mean, it's a fun song to listen to, so maybe it's a fun song to perform.

If they performed I Don't Want to Know, I would be very very pleased
Old 09-24-2018, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Noooooo. The only upside to Lindsey getting the boot is we don't have to hear Never Going Back Again (actually if they played it 'properly' it might be quite welcome). To really put the boot in though, maybe they'll play Go Insane.
Joking aside, I can see them taking this opportunity to play I Don't Want To Know.
I agree, Never Going Back Again is so atrocious live, it's almost ruined the album version for me, and it used to be a favorite of mine. I have to admit it would be interesting to hear Neil sing it. It would also be interesting if FM performed Big Love as a group, like the recorded version. But like others have said, I wish they would perform deep cuts rather than a lot of Lindsey material.
Old 09-24-2018, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Sentimental Lady!
I just said on the Rumours side of the board that I would LOVE some Bob songs, but with all the purported drama with Christine/Bob and the RRHOF situation, one wonders if that would even be possible.

Last edited by Feather Blade; 09-24-2018 at 03:03 PM..